View Poll Results: WHO ROCKED THIS ?!?!!

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Caper

0 0%
  • Robochrist

4 66.67%
  • The INF

2 33.33%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: VOTE!! 3 way BATTLE!! (Caper , Robochrist, INF)

Exclamation VOTE!! 3 way BATTLE!! (Caper , Robochrist, INF)

Last edited by INF; 04-17-2011 at 02:08 PM.

caper - i barely hear some parts of the sample, other parts are louder but over the drums are overbearing. i guess its more a mix problem overall then anything

jasper - damn, that shit is heroin, just dope. drums are ill and sample work is sick.

INF - the last part of the beat was the best, prolly woulda got my vote if that was the whole beat, seemed like you got liver at the end there. good beat overall tho.

vote goes to jasper. good battle

I would vote for myself, but since it's not cool to do that I'd choose INF. But only because of the last 30 seconds. Caper did his thing with the sample but the drums completely anussed that shit up. Didn't fit at all, and drums are the heart of the beat so when that ain't right... you know...

Anyway, good battle, good sample.

you guys did a great job and yeah i know on the drums i have to buy a new phono wire for my monitor speaker but its all good this is practice for me thanks for the constructive criticism that's what I like to hear

parts of INF's beat were better than Jaspers entire beat, but Jasper's entire beat was better than parts of INF's

does that make sense.

anyways, it goes:

Jasper
    INF

Caper

in that order

Jasper, nice work everyone.

ima have to think about this one - liked all three over my surround sound. INF's sounded extra hype with the bass hittin. gonna throw on the headphones....

I dont know if I can vote. I rarely vote on my own battles and if I do I have my own rules for it. Of course it is AGAINST THE RULES to vote for your own self. Those that can truly see know whats good with that. ... .

I like all our beats. And JEctor I know what you mean about this and that and that and this,. I know what you mean.

Voting infinity based on the grimeyness that it provided. shit was crucial...

everyone had a good display of talent, props.

Caught up with the sky
    Shot at God.

SHAOLIN STUDENT

i voted jasper. i dont feel capers drums are as bad as the professor but that hi-hat killed it for me. inf had a solid ass beat but i would flow over jaspers before inf's.

PEACE

peace to everybody peeping and voting.

that first 20 seconds of the sample that we used for this was super tasty but its crazy that the other 2 used that for their intro. They both put there beats out but I know we all did our own thing.I didn't listen to either of their beats till after I had made mine and made this vote thread. I was buggin when I seen how I went left. I woulda felt like an ass if all three of us start the beat out like the sample starts.LOLLL (all due respect)

@ Jasper - the change you use at 50 seconds ...the chop you have for that.I thought that was gonna be your whole beat when I heard the whole sample.I was like "thats jasper all day" hahahahaha. You had a really GOOD balance of that chop and the main one you freaked. IF you are still using the same snare then I can barely tell cuz something sounds diff about it.Really like your drums on this.

I knew you would both take that beginning string part but I thought only Caper would let it run.I thought you (Jasper) would chop it into notes. You been saying about chopping runs into notes lately.

@ Caper - I knew you were gonna ROCK the shit outta this by letting pieces run!! Your change at 1:04 ....I see you found that part in the middle of the sample that you can slow down to make it have that sick dark vibe hahahaha THATS WHATS UP!! I liked your use of the vocals on this one too. DRUMS IS BANGIN!!!!! CLEARLY TOO!!!! everything on the track is mixed nice and clear ,everything is separated and comes together perfectly,imo. Dug the shit outta this beat and wanna hear it rapped over for sure.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

both Caper's and Jasper's beats I could easily see rhymes over.

Quote Originally Posted by INF View Post
    peace to everybody peeping and voting.

that first 20 seconds of the sample that we used for this was super tasty but its crazy that the other 2 used that for their intro. They both put there beats out but I know we all did our own thing.I didn't listen to either of their beats till after I had made mine and made this vote thread. I was buggin when I seen how I went left. I woulda felt like an ass if all three of us start the beat out like the sample starts.LOLLL (all due respect)

@ Jasper - the change you use at 50 seconds ...the chop you have for that.I thought that was gonna be your whole beat when I heard the whole sample.I was like "thats jasper all day" hahahahaha. You had a really GOOD balance of that chop and the main one you freaked. IF you are still using the same snare then I can barely tell cuz something sounds diff about it.Really like your drums on this.

I knew you would both take that beginning string part but I thought only Caper would let it run.I thought you (Jasper) would chop it into notes. You been saying about chopping runs into notes lately.

both Caper's and Jasper's beats I could easily see rhymes over.
    The intro with the strings really needed to be incorperated into the beat, it's the dopest part of the song. The part at 0:50 is like the chorus. That was the first thing I went after, I had it on loop and it sounded dope. Then I needed other parts that didn't sound out of place, that was the hardest. The female vocal part is what I used, pitched up it sounds like a violin. I had samples on all 16 pads and I could flip it again if I have to. I played all the patterns live, no need to 'draw'.

My drums are different all the time, yeah different snare too.

The Ludwig is my favourite though.

I like to chop in notes, but it's really fucking difficult, plus the sample didn't lend itself for that. I wanted to play some keys over it, but I don't know if that's allowed in the battle. I think it shouldn't, just basslines, but no melodies.

Anyway, thanks everyone for listening and voting.

yeah you can play keys if you want , to accent the sample but it can't be the main melody.if that makes any sense. You know , you can add bass tones an shit so yeah you can add keys to spice it. I just aint plugged in my keys for like half a year now. EVERYTHING i do is done in the sp.

This and the last beat battle beat I did , I used FL7 edison to chop. I'll make all my chops and then load the sp. I had all 12 pads full this time and then like 4 more in another bank. that intro/outro part you all liked was in the other bank.I almost wasnt gonna use it. I could have made this a completely other beat , maybe a few. sometimes I do a final mixdown in FL

Jasper , I RESPECT your music making skills to the fullest. Since you started sharing ,even.

Ah ok, well I might finish it then with keys. Knowing keys and music theory really helps.

Now that you have FL, download Addictive Drums or EZdrummer. That shit is crazy good. You do need to invest some serious time tweaking everything, but once you set it all up you have a killer set of drums. Kicks, snares, hats, rides, crashes, splashes, toms even bells. Get that.

Chea, restepct!

cool , I'll peep those out. Yeah I had FL before I had the Sp-404sx. I been using FL for like maybe 5 years now.

with these two(Addictive Drums or EZdrummer) , are they used with the midi controller?