Page 1 of 21 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: PS Network down for one to two days..... BULLSHIT!!

Default PS Network down for one to two days..... BULLSHIT!!

shits confirmed. something was bugged out last night now its a full blown shut down

cause is undetermined as of now.

but fuck that, Sony needs to relocate

anonymous

ye thats what i thought but they didnt make any claim, in fact they are refuting it was them.

but it still may be someone like that. regardless shits fucked up and they need to fix it. besides the fact it should have never happened in the first place

SHAKA ZULU BOBO SHANTI NYABINGHI MAN A MAU MAU WARRIOR

lol i came in here to make this thread

shit sucks, im trying to get my black ops fix after finally getting some free time

but now i can focus on writing some much needed lyrics for some songs

I thought it was my system at first but when i woke up and the shit was still fucked, i googled it and read all that shit from sony

they said it was an attack from outside
    We do it for the people.

As many of you read this on your computer, your Playstation 3 lies dormant, useless, and a shell of its former self. That is to say, the Playstation Network is down.
    That’s right, for the second time this month one of the largest gaming companies in the world has had its gaming network taken down by a group of hackers. Although it is currently unconfirmed whether or not they accept responisibilty for the outage, it is most likely the work of Anonymous.
    Anonymous is a group of individuals with no definable leader which originated mostly on the image boards of 4chan. They pride themselves in believing in justice, freedom of speech and in being united; as shown by their slogan “We are anonymous. We are legion. We do not forgive. We do not forget. Expect us.”

Now you may ask, what do they have against Sony, bringers of joy and entertainment to millions? What could a group of internet vigilantes have against them, and what would prompt them to take down their Playstaion Network and their website, costing them huge amounts of money? Enter George Hotz, AKA Geohot.
    Geohot is an American hacker, famous for hacking the iPhone so that it could be used on wireless networks other than AT&T. In 2009, he announced his plans to hack the Playstation 3, as many regarded it to be far more secure than the Xbox 360. Not long after that, on January 26th of 2010, Geohot released the details of a method of exploiting the PS3 to allow homebrew and Playstation 2 emulation.
    Things got worse when in 2011, on January 2nd, he posted the Root Keys to Playstation 3, and Sony immediately forced him to remove them. They filed a temporary restraining order, and entered into a lawsuit. They also demanded, and were granted, the IP addresses of anyone that visited his website www.geohot.com and they seized his PayPal account.
    They proceeded to sue Geohot, and his blog about the lawsuit can be found here.

Actual photo of Geohot
    This is where anonymous started to have a problem. On April 3rd, they attacked the Sony Corporation, crashing both their website and the entire Playstation Network. They issued a rather harrowing, though somewhat humorous message;

It reads;
    Congratulations, Sony. You now have now received the undivided attention of Anonymous. Your recent legal action against our follow hackers, Geohot and Graf_Chokolo, has not only alarmed us, it has been deemed wholly unforgivable.”
    You have now abused the judicial system in an attempt to censor information on how your products work. You have victimised your own customers merely for possessing and sharing information, and continue to target every person who seeks this information. In doing so you have violated the privacy of thousands. This is the information they were willing to teach the world for free. The very same information you wish to suppress for sake of corporate greed and complete control of the users.
    Now you will experience the wrath of Anonymous. You saw a hornets nest, and stuck your penises in it. You must face the consequences of your actions, Anonymous style.
    Knowledge is Free. We are Anonymous. We are Legion. We do not Forgive. We do not forget. Expect us.
    The Network only stayed down for about a day, and the website even less than that. Playstation 3 gamers urged Anonymous not to repeat the attack, as it was making them, the people Anonymous was trying to protect, suffer just as much. Anonymous released a statement saying they would find another method of attack. Sony also settled their lawsuit with Geohot out of court.
    This would seem to suggest that this recent outage has nothing to do with anonymous, but as they operate independently without a leader, it could easily be a different group of people. You and I are just as much a member of anonymous as they are, all you have to do is call yourself one. That is what they see as the beauty behind the organisation.
    Nonetheless, this is an unusual occurrence for such a large company, especially with Sony stating the outage could last for days. Whether it is a simple maintenance problem or digital terrorist vigilantes, we don’t know yet. However, you can rest assured, as soon as we find out, you’ll be the first to know.

Leave a comment on what you think of the situation. Should Anonymous back off, or are they just protecting our righ
    what a bunch of geeky faggits

so to protect ps3 users and their right to information, they take down the psn so the ps3 users cant use it?

fucking geeky social outcast faggits
    We do it for the people.

all these internet crusaders can eat a dick.

i dont give a fuck about what they think they are doing.

hack into something that matters and how dont the japs have counter hackers? smh computer faggots

they have done some good in the past they reported to the cops on some guy who showed pics or videos of himself abusing animals iirc

also the recent beef they have with the westboro baptist church

If they wanted to piss sony off they should have made everything in the Playstation store $0.00 and let the looting begin.
    HAHAHAH!! genius

Now you will experience the wrath of Anonymous. You saw a hornets nest, and stuck your penises in it. You must face the consequences of your actions, Anonymous style.
    Knowledge is Free. We are Anonymous. We are Legion. We do not Forgive. We do not forget. Expect us.

hahahahahahahaha

I don't think this has got anything to do with anon, especially now this court case they were crying over has finished

So the message says "PSN is currentlty undergoing maintenance" when you try to sign in now

these cats must be working hard to try to get it back up
    We do it for the people.

shits bugged out right now

Quote Originally Posted by food for thought View Post
    So the message says "PSN is currentlty undergoing maintenance" when you try to sign in now

these cats must be working hard to try to get it back up
    I would be surprised if it comes back up before monday tbh

Guess I was wrong about it being down to the steam/ps3 link (although I still don't really believe it was a hack) Its a bit worrying about all the personal info being held on the servers though
    Last edited by shaolinsword; 04-23-2011 at 06:14 AM.

An external intrusion on our system has affected our PlayStation Network and Qriocity services. In order to conduct a thorough investigation and to verify the smooth and secure operation of our network services going forward, we turned off PlayStation Network & Qriocity services on the evening of Wednesday, April 20th. Providing quality entertainment services to our customers and partners is our utmost priority. We are doing all we can to resolve this situation quickly, and we once again thank you for your patience. We will continue to update you promptly as we have additional information to share.
    smh theyre fucking up
    We do it for the people.

Do any of you have details? I sent an email asking about whether my details are safe or not and this was the reply I got

Recently you requested personal assistance from our on-line support centre. Below is a summary of your request and our response.

Thank you for allowing us to be of service to you.

Question
    PSN outage "external intrusion"

Discussion Thread
    Response (Roshni Desai) 23/04/2011 04.02 PM
    Hi,

Thank you for your recent correspondence.

I am sorry to hear that you are unable to connect to the PlayStation Network.

I can confirm that the PSN is currently undergoing unscheduled maintenance. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused, normal service will resume as soon as possible.

Regrettably, we are unable to offer an estimated time for the service to resume. You may wish to visit the PlayStation blogs for further information: http://blog.eu.playstation.com/

Should you have any further queries please call PlayStation Support on 0844 736 0595, where one of our team will be happy to help you.

Thank you,

PlayStation Team
    Sony Computer Entertainment UK
    PlayStation Support: 0844 736 0595
    Opening Hours:
    08:00 to 22:00 Monday to Friday
    10:00 to 18:00 Saturday, Sunday and Bank Holidays.
    Web: http://uk.playstation.com/
    Last edited by shaolinsword; 04-23-2011 at 01:40 PM.