Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: next Tarantino film: Django Unchained

i don't think he can pull off the slave character. he's not black enough.
    and the character in the script said he's skinny and Will's not skinny and he's been in a lot of other movie roles that'll throw him off in this one

The RZA can play Django and also do the soundtrack, lol.

^NO

Im sorry but RZA isnt a great actor. Im sure Tarantino will get the right guy his casting is usually spot on.

Django with the Tarantino style will be something like: a quarter of pure action, and 2 hours of bla-bla-bla !
    Or we'll get another compilation of action scenes of the 70's....

Ok the positive thing is, he likes B movies and because of this, young guys want to see exploitations movies, but please make your own story dude, stop to copy and paste !

Banned

RZA has a supporting role in the movie. it's more than halfway done shooting, according to the producers. Black people are going to have a field day with this shit. their dream finally comes true: Black slaves killing white slave owners...just like Dave Chappelle predicted.. here some fan-made posters....

This gon b be a helluva ride... can't wait.

the script for this is really entertaining, but i think there are aspects of it that'll make people uncomfortable.

but there is funny and idiosyncratic dialogue, and some insane shootouts and murder scenes.

i'm looking forward to it, especially with jamie foxx as django and christoph waltz as dr schultz

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Pandemic View Post
    the script for this is really entertaining, but i think there are aspects of it that'll make people uncomfortable.
    uncomfortable? it's fucking slavery, man. it's supposed to be uncomfortable. ironically, the only criticisms I've heard (from black writers) is that there isn't enough blacks killing whites. go figure. Shadow and Act wrote a whole article about how the movie should be more like Nat Turner's rebellion...

http://blogs.indiewire.com/shadowand...ainly_not_nat_
    Last edited by theheavens; 03-31-2012 at 01:26 AM.

I read a bit of the script and its brilliant

Quote Originally Posted by theheavens View Post
    uncomfortable? it's fucking slavery, man. it's supposed to be uncomfortable. ironically, the only criticisms I've heard (from black writers) is that there isn't enough blacks killing whites. go figure. Shadow and Act wrote a whole article about how the movie should be more like Nat Turner's rebellion...

http://blogs.indiewire.com/shadowand...ainly_not_nat_
    i wholeheartedly agree with you; it depicts alot of the realities of slavery in the south that are usually not depicted, and the characters all speak in a realistic way... i just know people aren't ready for some of the shit they're going to see and hear.

as far as the nat turner comparison, that's not the type of story this is...this is like a throwback spaghetti western in tone and story, it uses this era as a setting, but it is a personal revenge story.

and plenty of slavers get killed...in particular, there's a scene early on in the story where django essentially gets his first bounty on a plantation that'll make you jump up and say "fuck yeah!"

EDIT: After reading that article, and skimming some of the comments...I understand some of the criticisms, but it seems more of a matter of getting something different than they expected rather than being objectively critical of this script. They expected "Catcher Freeman: The Movie" (so did I, and it that would be amazing to see), and got something different.
    Last edited by Dr. Simon Hurt; 03-31-2012 at 03:49 PM.

Banned

funny thing is, the movie is coming out on christmas, and I'm sure many of the people aren't going to be ready for this type of material, but at least it'll get a big audience. better to discuss american slavery on christmas morning than Dr Seuss lol

the script is awesome. the way tarantino describes cotton fields and shit is so vivid, can't imagine how it's going to look. this is going to be his most controversial film by far. and not just cuz they say "nigger" every ten seconds.

and for people with short attention span, good news is: it's not as talky as Inglorious Basterds. there's way more action but still lots of good dialogue. all that's left is the music... lots of Ennio Morricone, I bet

cant wait.. after this should be Kill Bill vol. 3...

ur name is TOBY

SkamPoe at instagram @kinghippoe
    FOLLOW!!