Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: next Tarantino film: Django Unchained

Are U aware I ban @ will? MASTER PAI MEI's Avatar

Did ya'll notice how many caqmeos were in this film half the actors I didnt recognize them.

king disguised as beggar. the silencer's Avatar

went to see it twice already, fucking CLASSIC cinema

caught so many little things the second time i saw it---like the Nefertiti statue in Candie's brothel that was painted white, which was immediately followed by the scene with the gorgeous queen Sheba lurking in the Julius Caesar room...

as great and nearly untouchable as Pulp Fiction is, it almost seems like QT is getting better and better... (with the exception of Kill Bill 2 which i wasn't too crazy about)

there's a screen already floating around on torrent...the qualities is on point it just has a "for your consideration" at the bottom of the screen for a few seconds at 20-30 minute intervals

i've already seen it thrice in theatres, so i feel entitled

^^
    thats the one I watched last night lol, great film! Good performances all round, Will definatly be buying the blu ray when it's out

Veteran Member

If Candy was pissed about the charade he would of already killed the both of them at the table & took their 12G's, like LoTec said, Broomhilda's sale was what kept him from killing her. Candy was just being a douche because how King treated him & what he said to him in his room before trying to leave.

Hmmm. Interesting, I believe he was going to kill them because of his right hand man had that sawed off in hand and ready.

Veteran Member

Naw before the 3 tried to leave he was insisting on the handshake to finalize the deal, otherwise he told his shotgun pal to kill only Hilda if she attempted to leave Candyland before the shake. He wanted King to shake the hand of "someone whom he never wishes to see again"

Appreciate the reply. Thanks,

5/5. Will return to it from time to time.
    Last edited by Kutman; 01-17-2013 at 05:12 PM.

aight my review.....

first off i dont think it was violent as ppl claim it to be.. compared to his previos film ie. Kill Bill, Django was a walk in the park.

that said, coming from a hardcore Tarantino fan, i'd have to say it was my least favorite film. i think he should have took a little more time after the hugely successful Basterds. its hard to craft 2 Epics in a row and to me i think that was the problem.

story was fine, simple and straight to the point and the characters were all believable as well but the dialog i felt wasnt upto QT's standards and the film didnt have the natural flow as his films usually do, it just didnt feel right. i think [and probably is] the fact that his longtime collaborator editor Sally Menke wasnt avail. for this fim due to her untimely death after Basterds. [she edited all of tarantino's films since Fiction]

dont get me wrong, i thoroghly enjoyed the film. respects to mr. T by delivering us another quality picture in this day and age where hollywood has just about ran out of ideas and the current climate of the dying box office... if you had a 60" screen tv, would you go out to the cinema and pay $13 to watch an indie film ? my guess is no.

and give extra props to Tarantino yet again for giving us something refreshing and new from a subject matter that should never be forgotten yet its almost taboo to talk about in current times. slavery was such a horrific thing of our history its almost embarrassing for us that its even a reality, therefor, the subject is avoided by both races... so in that sense Django triumphed as i feel the film carries an important message to us all, giving us a different perspective on the matter, specially for the youngins outhere...

speaking of perspective, as a long time fan of "Mr. Brown"'s work, Django had the potential and all the right elements but comes off a little short. it felt like an unfinished puzzle where if he took some more time to find the right pieces, it could have been a masterpiece. its been 3yrs since Basterds came out and thats enough time for generally for most directors but Tarantino is no Woody Allen nor Takashi Miike who are known for dropping at least one movie every year.. and again coming back to my point i mentioned earlier, making quality back to back epics are tough to master even for Tarantino and i felt 3yrs was not quite enough considering QT's work ethics.

if you look at the time between Kill Bill films & Basterds, it took 6yrs. yes he released Death Proof in between them but that was a complete different style of film, let alone a part of a Grindhouse double feature. if Tarantino did the same this time around, releasing a film of a smaller scale maybe after Basterds then dropped Django im sure my review would have been totally different.

my rating : 3.5 out of 5 stars.

i liked it a lot. first of all i love the old spaghetti westerns and this just had the same vibe as them.

some great scenes. the kkk meeting was great.

another instant tarantino classic imo

saw it twice already, probably watch it again soon

Quote Originally Posted by Mumm Ra View Post
    another instant tarantino classic imo

saw it twice already, probably watch it again soon
    No doubt. Saw it the 3rd time yesterday @ the movies, wanted to watch it again after coming home.

maaaaaan. i watch this flick erday. how can u not ge tired of the jew hunter and django kill whitey? he whipped the brakes off that 1st contract. LOL
    there are subtleties that a person of color, especially blacks, pick up from this movie that fly over the head of non-color people. this is the "missing dialogue" teq mentioned. much of the meat is in what is unsaid. because black folk can relate to the characters on a deeper level cause we are still echoing them.

its a black thing i guess. i get the feeling that tarantino made this movie for us. becaue he knew if it didnt resonate with us then it would be an epic fail.

Quote Originally Posted by STYLE View Post
    maaaaaan. i watch this flick erday. how can u not ge tired of the jew hunter and django kill whitey? he whipped the brakes off that 1st contract. LOL
    there are subtleties that a person of color, especially blacks, pick up from this movie that fly over the head of non-color people. this is the "missing dialogue" teq mentioned. much of the meat is in what is unsaid. because black folk can relate to the characters on a deeper level cause we are still echoing them.

its a black thing i guess. i get the feeling that tarantino made this movie for us. becaue he knew if it didnt resonate with us then it would be an epic fail.
    Examples?