Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Slaughterhouse vs. Canibus

Default Slaughterhouse vs. Canibus

Today I look at the recent beef between newly signed Shady Records artists and a rapper who no one has cared about for 10+ years...

http://www.reppghhiphop.com/2011/05/...se-vs-canibus/

Always one for controversy, Canibus is out of his hip hop cave yet again and he mad as hell yet again, for reasons that no one really understands, yet again.

This time the target is Slaughterhouse, specifically Royce Da 5’9” and Joe Budden. After a couple months of bubbling on Twitter, Canibus has finally taken to dissing both the recent Shady Records signees and while the idea of some of hip hop’s most lyrical MCs going back and forth on wax sounds appealing, the whole thing has just been one big mess. From low blows by Canibus on Twitter (supposedly) to a diss track titled “Joey Cupcakes” which is as soft as it sounds, this has been one of rap’s worst beefs. In an age where beef is dead in rap anyway, this shit really put the nail in the coffin.

For starters, Canibus ain’t been relevant since his last beef. No not the one with the white boy, the one with LL Cool J. Since that time he’s done nothing but flop, never being able to regain the spark he had back in 1997 when everyone was expecting him to be the next lyrical threat on the mic. So to come at these rappers almost 15 years after anyone gave a shit about him just comes across as pitiful, like Game’s constant attempts to bait Jay-Z into giving a shit about his mediocre cries for attention. At this point Canibus is like that drunk uncle who may or may not show up to the BBQ but if he does you remind your kids why they should stay away from him.

On the other side of this “beef” you have two artists who after years of industry bullshit have been signed to arguably the biggest label in hip hop. I don’t even like the white boy, and short of a D-12 album 10 years ago I can’t recall his label ever releasing anything that sold more than 5 units other than his own albums, but being signed to Shady Records is still a huge deal. So how is Canibus gonna come at these cats and expect anyone to even give a shit let alone give him any credit for anything he says? Not only was the diss weak, but he spit it over a Wu beat, an unknown Wu beat at that since it was off their last album that no one besides myself listened to more than once. Oh but it gets better.

Arsonal, a Smack DVD battle MC, took shots at Joe Budden on a diss track recently that was far better than the pathetic attempt by Canibus. How a battle rapper gonna make a better song than you but you claim to be the greatest rapper of all time? Battle rappers making listenable music is as laughable as Drake thinking he’d ever have a real shot with Nicki, but Arsonal managed to do it and the result is light years ahead Wyclef’s former protégé’s desperate attempts.

You can’t spend your last 10 years releasing albums of recycled MySpace verses over wack production that even your so-called fans don’t support and then take shots at two MCs who just signed to the mecca of hip hop. The people saying Joe and Royce are scared to respond don’t realize that they are too busy to bother with someone who doesn’t even have a record deal. Canibus already tried going at DJ Premier earlier this year and failed so now he’s just reaching for anything he can to make himself the slightest bit relevant again. And for those begging for escalation, Royce already delivered the knockout punch via Twitter when he summed up the whole issue perfectly, “Dear Canibus.. ZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZzz”.
    "We accept tires" - Cappadonna

i usually try to be diplomatic or sarcastic in these posts

but you are an idiot

canibus didn't start shit, and there was a fake canibus on twitter.

journalism 101, get your facts straight.

canibus' music was not made for ppl like you
    Non Ignorants

RIP

Quote Originally Posted by saverio View Post
    i usually try to be diplomatic or sarcastic in these posts

but you are an idiot

canibus didn't start shit, and there was a fake canibus on twitter.

journalism 101, get your facts straight.

canibus' music was not made for ppl like you
    enough has come out to suggest that the Canibus twitter account is real. and just to be safe that's why i said "supposedly".

and Canibus did start this shit.

looking back i was a little harsh but you really did get the facts wrong

the first one was not real, laureate wasn't spelled right ( i don't know if i spelled it right, i just know the initial imposter didn't)

then canibus made a real one

and his diss that has come out wasn't that serious, but you didn't even post the best lines
    Non Ignorants

RIP

Platypi on the swarm!! RUSHING PLATYPUS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by buckshotstheone View Post
    and Canibus did start this shit.
    No he didn't. Never in the history of hip-hop has a group been owned more often than Slaughterhouse. From the numerous times Budden got owned by the Wu, to the tattoo that had the group name misspelled, to Royce making himself look like a fool with this Twitter beef that has now predictably blown up in his face. lol @ Slaughterhouse as usual.

imposter canibus started it, royce took it form there
    Non Ignorants

RIP

FRESH FISH

As usual the canibus haters come out in force and start blaming him for shit he never even started. Canibus responds to people clowning him but he gets the blame!

here is a basic timeline of what happened.

Canibus disses eminem on Airstrike (nothing to do with Royce or Budden)

Royce then disses Canibus as he wants to stick up for his master eminem (Canibus ignored this)

-DJ Premier has an interview, in the interview he says Canibus was the hardest person he worked with

- Canibus releases a track called "Monster" which tells Premier to tell the truth(track is labeled as a diss but it wasnt a diss at all)

- Royce goes on twitter getting at Bis for "dissing" Premier (again royce getting involved in something that has nothing to do with him)

- Royce begins to argue with fake Bis account on twitter (Royce got clowned)

- Royce contemplates dissing Bis but Joe Budden persuades him not too

- Joey gets in on the twitter beef with the fake Bis account(saying the "smoke canibus line" will be on MM4.5 so here we have Budden getting involved in something that has nothing do with him)

- Royce goes on radios, twitter, etc.. saying he respects Bis too much to diss him but then says he could tear Bis up

- Bis releases "Lyrical law Vs Royce" in which he disses Royce and explains his the reasons for the Airstrike track

- Bis also releases "Joey Cupcakes" dissing Joe Budden

- Joe Budden releases "Spring Training" dissing Bis and Arsonal

- Arsonal releases "Spring Cleaning" dissing Joey

Now please explain how Canibus is to blame here??
    Last edited by misawa98; 05-09-2011 at 05:30 PM.

It all started when DZK thought it would be funny to record an Eminem diss using the D12 verses he got his hands on.

Royce was the one who responded to that incident as well.

Did Canibus diss Royce and Joe? Yes, ok. and those tracks were all types of weak and desperate.

I'm a Canibus fan, I'm looking forward to the vintage 1997 Canibus we're getting on the Guerrilla Alliance album this year, but he took the L here.

FRESH FISH

Quote Originally Posted by ikke View Post
    It all started when DZK thought it would be funny to record an Eminem diss using the D12 verses he got his hands on.

Royce was the one who responded to that incident as well.
    But the key thing here is it was going at eminem. Royce had no business getting involved.
    Last edited by misawa98; 05-09-2011 at 05:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by buckshotstheone View Post
    Did Canibus diss Royce and Joe? Yes, ok. and those tracks were all types of weak and desperate.

I'm a Canibus fan, I'm looking forward to the vintage 1997 Canibus we're getting on the Guerrilla Alliance album this year, but he took the L here.
    How did he take an L?

Quote Originally Posted by misawa98 View Post
    But the key thing here is it was going at eminem. Royce had no business getting involved.
    He dissed Eminem around the time Slaughter House started to talk with shady about a deal.

I read "Canibus hasn't been relevant since the beef with LL Cool J" and said fuck the rest

niggas need to stop this fucking obsession with hating Canibus & saying this fucking bullshit about him starting beefs & if a man thinks ll won...you obviously are a faggot

I like how this is a "Hip Hop" forum primarly dedicated to the non-wu LYRICISTS and a nigga will go & say canibus lost because of records sales

& every nigga who has ever said Canibus was in his prime in the 90's & all that shit hasn't listened to Canibus SINCE the 90's

the whole slaughterhouse dick riding is a joke like this post
    Last edited by Poet_Laureate; 05-09-2011 at 05:42 PM.

Canibus lost because his diss tracks sucked. At this point record sales are irrelevant cause Slaughterhouse ain't sold shit. But those Canibus songs SUCKED, point blank period. He looks corny.