View Poll Results: What would you give Goblin?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1- Shitty

4 10.00%
  • 2- Mediocre

8 20.00%
  • 3- Good

11 27.50%
  • 4- Banger

10 25.00%
  • 5- Masterpiece

7 17.50%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Tyler, The Creator - Goblin

SHAOLIN STUDENT wutangclan97chamber's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by main_man View Post
    this album has some dope sh it on it, and some really wack shit.

but i thought the same thing about "bastard".

and i dont think "goblin" has a song as dope as assmilk form "bastard", but i do think its a more solid album and this kid is getting a little better.

tron cat is probably the best i've heard tyler rap. pretty good performance. the intro pretty much answers all the reasons people hate him. this kids pretty smart.

i like the joint with frank ocean where they're stalking bitches. i can understand why people dont like tylers stripped down style of production. i dont mind it as much. and given some time this kid might improve.

but there is some straight wack shit. bitch suck dick seems like a ode to wocka flocka.

all in all the kid is improving on the mic. and the stuff i like on here has a real dark sense of humor.

one thing is certain , earl is missed.
    im pretty sure bitch suck dick is a joke.

Some good tracks, some shitty ones. Tyler is a pretty decent rapper I think, he's creative and different, but tries to be 'controversial' and 'shocking' to much and comes off sounding like he's trying to hard at times. It all gets a little tiresome by the end, and he doesn't have the wit or the humour of say eminem circa "Marshall mathers lp" to pull off this sort of shock rap or whatever you wanna call it.

I like these kind of beats, when I'm not listening to hip-hop it's usually dubstep or electronic music in general I'd listen to, so I think the beats are pretty good, their definitely lacking something though, they don't really bang or have any soul, but I don't think that was the intention. I don't think I'd listen to an instrumental of this album even as a fan of electronic music, but it sort of works with Tyler rapping over them, and overall sound pretty good even if one or two are a bit suspect.

So yeah, good album, not great or anything, critics are creaming themselves over it, it's definitely nowhere near as good as some are making out to be, but it is a good album nonetheless.

Quote Originally Posted by Durag View Post
    Some good tracks, some shitty ones. Tyler is a pretty decent rapper I think, he's creative and different, but tries to be 'controversial' and 'shocking' to much and comes off sounding like he's trying to hard at times. It all gets a little tiresome by the end, and he doesn't have the wit or the humour of say eminem circa "Marshall mathers lp" to pull off this sort of shock rap or whatever you wanna call it.

I like these kind of beats, when I'm not listening to hip-hop it's usually dubstep or electronic music in general I'd listen to, so I think the beats are pretty good, their definitely lacking something though, they don't really bang or have any soul, but I don't think that was the intention. I don't think I'd listen to an instrumental of this album even as a fan of electronic music, but it sort of works with Tyler rapping over them, and overall sound pretty good even if one or two are a bit suspect.

So yeah, good album, not great or anything, critics are creaming themselves over it, it's definitely nowhere near as good as some are making out to be, but it is a good album nonetheless.
    I couldn't agree more. There are definitely some stand out tracks and some tracks that I consider a great addition to the world of hip hop so to speak. But the album simply lacks some vision and direction at times.

Anyways, I love how something this unusual and "anti-radio" can pull off big numbers. It just shows there is a place for artistic creativity.

I'm still giving it some rotation although I'm not sure I will ever enjoy it that much. But it is something different and that deserves to be recognized.
    "Motherfuckers say that I'm foolish, that I only talk about jewells, do you fools listen to music or do you just skim through it?" - Jay-Z

BASCO

shit is banging. ive been bumping it the past few days. imma have to cop this onn wax just for the artwerk alone

Quote Originally Posted by BASCO View Post
    imma have to cop this onn wax just for the artwerk alone
    that ^

i just gotta say, "yonkers" is still dope as fuck to me.
    its just one of those hip hop songs where everything came together just right.
    "Fuck Wu Tang Corp" - The GZA/Genius

https://soundcloud.com/gptent/tito-lo-blak-hell

yeah I'm surprised at myself that I still like yonkers and sandwitches an I heard em way too many times now already. thats cool. I remember when I couldn't get enough of Rock and Roll but then like a week after Shaolin vs Wu came out I was already tired of it , the magic wore off.

SvW is still DOPE as FUCK tho ....

I love these stupid ass niggas!

Last edited by Marwan; 05-20-2011 at 10:12 PM.

I would not link my email on a message board where bots could find and spam it. You should replace the @ with (at) and replace the . with (dot).
    Last edited by joshua; 05-16-2011 at 09:17 PM.

emceeeees kick tha bucket

Sorry to be an asshole but I need a fucking FREE download of the album. Buying gas and food is enough when im currently jobless.

I've heard before that Tyler comes off like hes trying to hard, but trust me the nigga is just like that. Nigga been talkin foul mouthed bumping his gums like that long before the fame - he used to post on a couple hiphop forums long before blowing up. He raps the same way he fucks around with his friends just chillin.

I know these niggaz constantly piss the OG heads off by not giving props to the old school but if you can look past their jokes and into the music you can tell their influence from the OGs. Mellowhype took a page out the Big Daddy Kane book with polyurathane and put a fresh as fuck twist on an old school sound. Tyler himself is a big Wu-Tang Fan, as well as Outkast and Tribe.
    Boston - NYC

Good album, prefered Bastard though. Domo comes good, and hodgy is good as well. Though the reason im voting this as a good album and not higher is because while it is good and is better than a lot of new rappers albums now, i found it a struggle to get through the album. About half way through the album i got a little bored of it and in the end it felt a bit dissapointing. Still though, shit is real promising. Can't wait for mike g's gold though.

I just found out about this nigga with the release of this album, I love these niggas!

just dropping by to say this album is STYLE approved.
    4- banger.

Some of the beats go hard, but I can't get into this guy. Lyrics are weak. Voted mediocre.