Thread: Wu-Tang Meets Dubstep

Default Wu-Tang Meets Dubstep

Personally thought this album was horse shite, had so much potential but it jus let me down big time but hey thats just my opinion. though this was gunna be banging from start to finish but it just isnt IMO

would have ..posted a poll but havent got a fuckin clue how to lol

thoughts on the album?
    "Read the sign hip-hoppers"

i haven't heard this tbh, but have you heard Brand Nubian's dub step album that was Part II in this series? from what i heard in some promo clips of that, it seemed like a much better project where Brand Nu actually re-recorded their vocals and worked with these Dub Step producers to make it sound authentic. it helps that i'm a big Brand Nubian fan too tho, but i need to check that one out. don't care for the Wu remixes tbh

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

Nah I ain't heard the Brand Nubian one. I ain't got any material of there's.
    I'm yet to dip into their catalog, were the opposite cos I'm all over wu remixe's. The El Michaels affair, Wu Mystagogue (more a mix up then re-mix)
    "Read the sign hip-hoppers"

I'm a huge dubstep fan, when I'm not listening to hip-hop, it's nearly all dubstep, but I've heard some tracks from this and really didn't think it sounded that great. It could have been a lot better, but IMO they collaborated with the wrong kind of artists. The us debstep scene is way more focused on 'tear out' 'brostep' artists like skrillix or datsik which some of this sounds like and doesn't work with hiphop.

The more atmospheric dubby uk artists like digital mystikz, early skream or leofah or the dungeon sound that dj youngsta is pushing would have worked far better. I haven't heard the brand Nubian one tbh.

Dubstep is played out. Especially the tracks that are just straight wobble. I can make that shit on ableton in like 5 minutes if I really wanted to hear it... IMO the only dubstep worth a shit is those dark sparse tracks actually based off of dub which I stopped seeing a while ago. This whole album just reached me a little too late to cash in on the wobble brostep fad... not impressed

I'm not a dubstep fan or anything but still I really liked the overall vibe of the album. And to be honest theres some of the tracks on there that I like better than the original versions. 3.75/5

gay

nada ignorante

fucking crap, not even worth downloading!
    N.I.

PRODIGAL SUN

gay

Prince of the Non Ignorant weirdos

Cinema (Chimpo remix) Thank me later. Shits all over the original. This is the type of track that will have you jumping up out of your sleep. Straight up nightmare fuel

This ain't it. Worst way to follow up the part 1 which was Wu Meets The Inidie Culture Think Differently shit.

They didn't even use good dub step. I don't know a lot about it but I know enough 2 know there is a lot of more hip hop inspired dub step and this shit was super off

PRODIGAL SUN

havent heard this yet