Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Gravediggaz reunion album coming. performing in LA on Saturday

Banned

Default Gravediggaz reunion album coming. performing in LA on Saturday

Gravediggaz Working On Reunion Album, Set To Reunite Onstage At Cage Vs Cons L.A.

By Jay Casteel (@JayCasteel), Published 05/18/2011

It's been nearly 17 years since RZA's horrorcore supergroup, the Gravediggaz, dropped their classic debut, 6 Feet Deep, and while their last album came in 2001, titled Nightmare in A-Minor, original members RZA and Prince Paul were not involved.

The group is back, minus the late Too Poetic (The Grym Reaper). Shabazz The Disciple (original Sunz of Man member), who appeared on Gravediggaz' classic "Diary Of A Madman", revealed to us this week, the group is back in the lab, working on a reunion album.

Apparently, it's been in the works for over a year, and they are fairly deep into the recording process.

"RZA had called me last March -- he's like 'Yo, it's Gravediggaz time,' " Shabazz said. "I went down there; him and Frukwan (The Gatekeeper) already started on some songs. I went down there, did a couple of songs at his crib. Killah Priest was there. It was crazy 'cause me, Killah Priest, RZA and Frukwan was together in the studio. That was like '94 all over again."

So far, Prince Paul had not contributed to the upcoming project, but apparently RZA has been in contact with the producer/rapper and he is on-board for what would be their first new album in over a decade.

Right now, it's about timing, and working around each other's schedules. However, they are close to completing it, and Shabazz makes it clear that it's definitely "100% a go."

"With everybody's schedules, it's kinda difficult to get everybody in one room right now. But, in the near future, it'll pop off," Shabazz explained. "It's almost done though, RZA told me all we need to do is three more songs, and it's a wrap.

"It was like a family reunion. It was like being away from your brothers for a minute, like being locked up. Like, I did a little 10-15, being away from my family, then I came home and I'm back with my family," the rapper continued. "It's a great feeling, not only for us, but for hip-hop itself, because hip-hop is suffering a famine. So, we're gonna create that balance that ya'll love us for."

A title for the upcoming Gravediggaz album had not been chosen as of press time, nor has a release date.

Shabazz The Disciple, along with Frukwan and Killah Priest, have been confirmed for Saturday's (May 21) Cage Vs Cons event, set to take place the Los Angeles Sports Arena. Both Shabazz and Priest will be doing separate solo sets, but Frukwan is set to join the pair onstage to perform "Diary Of A Madman".

RZA is also expected to appear for the performance, but it isn't definite just yet. Shabazz says if RZA can make the show, it will be the first time all four artists have performed the song together since 1994, during the release party for their debut, Six Feet Deep.

"This should be a big, historic moment for hip-hop and us, to do that song together again," Shabazz exclaimed.

For more info about Cage Vs Cons, visit CageVsCons.com. Stay tuned for further info about the GraveDiggaz.

Fearless Vampire Killer UNCLE RUCKUS's Avatar

Dope! Thanks Art! Poetic will be missed that Nightmares was dope but Prince Paul and Rza working with Frukwan and KP/Shabazz is exciting

that show would be so fuckin ill.

great news...
    DOWNLOADALBUMZ!

I actually got a free ticket to that Cage Vs. Cons thing, but I'm over on the east coast. PM me if you live and LA and want it.

Banned

me too. i pm'd karamel sundae because i think she lives in the LA area, but she never got back to me.

Yeah thats why you pmed her art
    Non Ignorants

RIP

thats very good news ^^

Wow. Hope to see the show on youtube eventually haha. And great news about the Gravediggaz!

Gravediggaz reunion?.....100% happening?....

I approve!

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
    Method Man

good lookin out Art ,this is gonna be ill.

lol @ saverio

Hopefully this will put rza in a good vibe so he can start composing some more hot ass beats, for real!

Veteran Member

I hate it how they always say its 'RZAs supergroup' when HE was the one who was invited to be a part of this group

Veteran Member

Hmm.....if Paul hasnt even been contacted for production duties and RZA is saying "all they need is 3 more tracks" this is making me believe Rzarectah handled majority production duties!! Unless he had others help him

greatest news in '11...

SHAKA ZULU BOBO SHANTI NYABINGHI MAN A MAU MAU WARRIOR

cosign^^

this is great fucking news. almost too good to be true.

wish i could go to that show
    We do it for the people.