Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Raekwon is Easily the Best Member Of The Wu

i'm gonna have to say ghostface is the best member of the wu in 2011.

raes in 2nd though. everyone else seems not to give a fuck about music much these days.

apollo kids is nothin but heat to me.
    "Fuck Wu Tang Corp" - The GZA/Genius

https://soundcloud.com/gptent/tito-lo-blak-hell

DuncanHine Monument Cakes CEITEDMOFO's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mic Tyson View Post
    and one of the greatest ever. aint nobody in the wu fuckin wit him except maybe ghost, and thats only because he has stayed relevant and hasn't dropped a bad album. Raekwon outshine niggas all the time, even niggas like nas.
    1ST OF NAS BODIED RAE ON "EYE FOR AN EYE" & "VERBAL INTERCOURSE" DONT KNO WHAT YOUR SMOKIN
    RAEs BEEN THE HOTTEST AS OF NOW

BUT GHOST WILL ALWAYS BE A BETTER EMCEE AND HAS MORE CLASSIC ALBUMS

IRON MAN, SUPREME CLIENTEL AND YES ONLY BULT FOR CUBAN LINX

GHOST WILL TELL YOU

"THE WORLD CANT TOUCH GHOST PURPLE TAPE/
    RAE CO-HOST/"

AND EVERY OTHER GHOST LP HAS BEEN SOLID WHILE RAE HAS LIKE 3 WACK ALBUMS

FUCK WHAT U HEARD TONY FOR MAYOR BITCH
    Last edited by CEITEDMOFO; 05-23-2011 at 05:18 PM.

I actually agree with Ceited.

Rae is putting in some work now for sure, but I would rather listen to Ghost anytime.
    The brutal offspring of Conan and Red Sonja.

You're outta of your mind. The only banging tracks on any of his latest work is featuring someone from WU or someone outside WU and his live performances are terrible. I love and respect all members but after Rae and Ghost cried about 8 Diagrams, I'm not following them (Ghost and Rae) at all. He didn't even feature all the WU on the Shaolin vs Wu album, I understand not having RZA on it but what about GZA/Masta or UGod? Instead he pays Lloyd and Rick Ross for some versus...What kind of bullshit is that? Your opinion of the best WU member is a fucken joke, there's no comparing them you dumb fuck, that comes with being part of the WU...
    Fu*# The RADIO Slang,Bang, The WAX=)

Banned

it's definitely between Ghost and Rae. lately it's been Rae though. we still need to see what Ghost drops this year

Veteran Member

"He didn't even feature all the WU on the Shaolin vs Wu album, I understand not having RZA on it but what about GZA/Masta or UGod?"

First off its a Rae solo, so why get all mad because not all of the Wu is on there? That wasnt the point of this album. Plus, GZA WAS on Shaolin vs WuTang ("Wu Crime")

for as long as Rza exists,i beg to differ

Quote Originally Posted by wufam View Post
    You're outta of your mind. The only banging tracks on any of his latest work is featuring someone from WU or someone outside WU and his live performances are terrible. I love and respect all members but after Rae and Ghost cried about 8 Diagrams, I'm not following them (Ghost and Rae) at all. He didn't even feature all the WU on the Shaolin vs Wu album, I understand not having RZA on it but what about GZA/Masta or UGod? Instead he pays Lloyd and Rick Ross for some versus...What kind of bullshit is that? Your opinion of the best WU member is a fucken joke, there's no comparing them you dumb fuck, that comes with being part of the WU...
    Rae was asking for reciprocals from Lloyd & Rick Ross, who both featured rae on their latest albums.

Quote Originally Posted by wufam View Post
    I understand not having RZA on it but what about GZA/Masta or UGod? Instead he pays Lloyd and Rick Ross for some versus...What kind of bullshit is that?
    are u serious u retarded ass nigga? i forgot U-God is much more relevant than Rick Ross

Quote Originally Posted by CEITEDMOFO View Post
    1ST OF NAS BODIED RAE ON "EYE FOR AN EYE" & "VERBAL INTERCOURSE" DONT KNO WHAT YOUR SMOKIN
    RAEs BEEN THE HOTTEST AS OF NOW

BUT GHOST WILL ALWAYS BE A BETTER EMCEE AND HAS MORE CLASSIC ALBUMS

IRON MAN, SUPREME CLIENTEL AND YES ONLY BULT FOR CUBAN LINX

GHOST WILL TELL YOU

"THE WORLD CANT TOUCH GHOST PURPLE TAPE/
    RAE CO-HOST/"

AND EVERY OTHER GHOST LP HAS BEEN SOLID WHILE RAE HAS LIKE 3 WACK ALBUMS

FUCK WHAT U HEARD TONY FOR MAYOR BITCH
    Ironman and Bulletproof Wallets was Rae's shit too. And besides those two albums, OB4CL2 is probably better than all of his other shit besides supreme clientele. and Rae don't got ghostwriters neither

Quote Originally Posted by Mic Tyson View Post
    Ironman and Bulletproof Wallets was Rae's shit too. And besides those two albums, OB4CL2 is probably better than all of his other shit besides supreme clientele. and Rae don't got ghostwriters neither
    Ahahahahha you are stupid. Ghost kills Raekwon in every possible way. Have you listened properly to Only Built For Cuban Linx? Ghost kills it, even though it's a Rae album... It should've been a Ghostface album instead of just gueststarring Tony Starks. The best on the Wu (even right now) is GZA. Since GZA hasn't put out a album since 2008 Pro Tools, I'll give this one to Tony Starks. Ghostface is consistent and Rae is noway near his level. Ghostface was always ahead of Rae. And the threadstarter.. are you serious? Rae got killed by RZA and GZA on Advanced Pawns. Overall I would say GZA and Ghostface are the greatest Wu members. GZA never dropped a bad verse. Liquid Swords, Beneath the Surface, Legend of the Liquid Sword, Grandmasters and Pro Tools (lyrics on point, like always). If you think Rae is the greatest Wu member, something is wrong.

#1. GZA
    #2. Ghost
    #3. Inspectah Deck
    #4. Method Man
    #5. Raekwon the Chef
    #6. RZA (mcin)
    #7. Ol' Dirty
    #8. Masta Killa
    #9. U-God

GZA doesn't have to be your #1, but don't give Raekwon all the probz because of his name
    Last edited by TheFunkyDrummer; 05-26-2011 at 01:46 PM.

no, id have to disagree.

as much as people praise CL2 and SvWu, they arent all that good of an album through and through. i have spun both when they dropped constantly, and have yet to return to them since then. there are numerous reasons that i wont get into and have the stans come flyin at me, but its mostly quality in the sound, it aint there. RZA made them dude sonically sound better then anything since

hate on what RZAs doin now i guess but dude made moves well beyond anything any Wu member can/could manage. and other Wu members hatin on RZA for it, are just mad they cant get there.

Audio System/Diamond ShaolinDarts's Avatar

This is a blast from the past. I remember the good old days when you couldn't praise another Wu member without Ghost stans hijacking the thread. Seems like a new generation of Ghost stans have formed.
    That's why we do the do, just know who is who, acknowledge me all day, and understand Wu is Wu - Chef Raekwon

I'm hood ornaments, junkies win awards in my tournaments - Chef Raekwon

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ShaolinDarts View Post
    This is a blast from the past. I remember the good old days when you couldn't praise another Wu member without Ghost stans hijacking the thread. Seems like a new generation of Ghost stans have formed.
    some info on Ghost:

best storyteller in hip-hop today (#2 of all time, behind Slick Rick)

one of the most consistent rappers

released three certified classics (Ironman, Supreme Clientele, Fishscale)

the most versatile and creative Wu member

....murdered Rae on his own shit (Cuban Linx)

I don't know if he murdered Rae or if fishscale is a classic
    Non Ignorants

RIP