Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: i'm joining the army

{>____<}

I've been thinking about a career in the military for some time now. I'm kind of pissed because the Air Force is so damn competitive, due to the economy being the way that it is. From the information that I've gathered, the reason why the military in general is so competitive is mainly due to the recession. There are a lot of people coming in but not a lot of people coming out. That's a problem because they're going to start taking in less people in the future. It's a cycle from what I was told.

I spoke to a recruiter in the Air Force and then one in the National Guard two weeks ago to see if I'm qualified to be accepted in their Officer Candidate School. The Air Force recruiter told me no because I don't have an engineering degree, and most likely, they won't take me. However, I still could be accepted but it won't be in the technical field. Since I have a bachelors degree, I could obtain a job in the aviation field. For the National Guard, the type of degree is pointless. I took the pre-qualifying test and I did ok (I scored in the mid 50s. I HATE story problems. I can do straight math very good. The word and reading comprehension was a piece of cake.) I meet the height requirements, I'm in very good shape, 20/20 vision, no criminal record, etc. From what I was told, I'd do well because I seem like a guy who is smart and someone who can follow directions. Now, the thing is I'd start off in Basic Training as an E4 in the National Guard and an E3 in the Air Force. I was told that I might have to train the lower ones in my first week. WTH?

Now, I heard that the military is cutting officers left and right. Plus, not everyone makes it through Officer Candidate School too. Basic Training is a pumper and Officer Candidate School is a filter. Also, people are joining the military simply because they need income. They're not doing it to serve the USA. In my opinion, fast money is not worth your arm, leg, or even your life. If I decide to do this, I'll do it because I WANT to serve my country, not for the money and benefits. If your commanding officer ordered you to kill someone or a group of people, would you?

Alcatraz don't join the army unless you tryin to fight. go for the national guard or airforce if you want plenty of time to check out wucorp

BASCO

Quote Originally Posted by cutn' heads View Post
    i wish i woulda joined the military when i was a younger man. i have 2 close firends who served. one is in iraq now. before he left, he caught his wife cheating on him. it fucked him up bad. and he always had this fascination with guys who sacrificed thier lives to save fellow soldiers. he was trained in bootcamp by one of the key figures in the blackhawk down story. he doesnt feel like he will have anything to come home to when his tour is over and is determined to die a hero. a fucking hero man.

the other is about to get discharged completely. he was in iraq years ago and an IED blew up his hummer. he lost like 6 of his front teeth. they sent him home, fixed his teeth and sent him back. he has some ill PTSD now. twitches and shit. bad. drinks heavy, wakes up screaming at night. but theyre letting him out and giving him like 5g's a month for the rest of his life. 5 g's bro. he can live off that if he plays his cards right.

the military is the shit.
    wholee sheeit. well at least he didn't lose a limb or sumthing

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rodney DANgerfield View Post
    It's the same concept as college...Obviously, you don't NEED either to be successful, but both institutions, when approached correctly, can provide a springboard to those with plans, goals, and the means to achieve them.
    Please tell that to the families of the dead and maimed soldiers. Go ahead.
    Smh at this fool equating army to college. It's probably coming from a guy who did not spend time in the military.

sleepless in basedworld ALCATRAZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tectrus Moa View Post
    I've been thinking about a career in the military for some time now. I'm kind of pissed because the Air Force is so damn competitive, due to the economy being the way that it is. From the information that I've gathered, the reason why the military in general is so competitive is mainly due to the recession. There are a lot of people coming in but not a lot of people coming out. That's a problem because they're going to start taking in less people in the future. It's a cycle from what I was told.

I spoke to a recruiter in the Air Force and then one in the National Guard two weeks ago to see if I'm qualified to be accepted in their Officer Candidate School. The Air Force recruiter told me no because I don't have an engineering degree, and most likely, they won't take me. However, I still could be accepted but it won't be in the technical field. Since I have a bachelors degree, I could obtain a job in the aviation field. For the National Guard, the type of degree is pointless. I took the pre-qualifying test and I did ok (I scored in the mid 50s. I HATE story problems. I can do straight math very good. The word and reading comprehension was a piece of cake.) I meet the height requirements, I'm in very good shape, 20/20 vision, no criminal record, etc. From what I was told, I'd do well because I seem like a guy who is smart and someone who can follow directions. Now, the thing is I'd start off in Basic Training as an E4 in the National Guard and an E3 in the Air Force. I was told that I might have to train the lower ones in my first week. WTH?

Now, I heard that the military is cutting officers left and right. Plus, not everyone makes it through Officer Candidate School too. Basic Training is a pumper and Officer Candidate School is a filter. Also, people are joining the military simply because they need income. They're not doing it to serve the USA. In my opinion, fast money is not worth your arm, leg, or even your life. If I decide to do this, I'll do it because I WANT to serve my country, not for the money and benefits. If your commanding officer ordered you to kill someone or a group of people, would you?
    what's stopping you from enlisting?

Irondan 2: Curly's Gold Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FMJ View Post
    Please tell that to the families of the dead and maimed soldiers. Go ahead.
    Smh at this fool equating army to college. It's probably coming from a guy who did not spend time in the military.
    Ah, poor sweet, simple Diggy.

I was not equating the Army to college.

I only compared the attitudes of wu-corp losers towards the two separate, and certainly different, institutions that both present their audiences with a real chance to make their lives better.

Neither is guaranteed success, mind you, and they both have pluses and minuses and risks involved, obviously one's risks much greater than the other.

The point is that wu-corpers are losers and barrel-crab motherfuckers.

They hate to see a poster even try to shine a little bit, because their eyes are adjusted to the mood-lighting of their parents' respective basements
    --youreallfags.

Quote Originally Posted by Tectrus Moa View Post
    I'm sorry? Negro English? I think you mean Ebonics.

DuncanHine Monument Cakes CEITEDMOFO's Avatar

I SEEN MILTARY WORK ON LOST PEOPLE , LIKE THIS ONE FAT KID WAS ALWAYS A CLOWN, HE CAME BACK A HEART THROB WIT A CHISELED CHIN IN SHAPE AND TALKING WHITE

BUT I ALSO SEEN OTHERS COME BACK CRAZIER THAN THEY WERE ALREADy.

IF YOUR BLACK HISPANIC OR FROM A POOR TOWN IN THE USA U WILL BE IN THE FRONTLINES AND GET MURKEd BY RANDOM FOLK OR FRIENDLY FIRE

FUCK THE GOVERNMENT,
    BUT IF U CANT MAKE IT ON YOUR OWN THAN JOIN UP

what's stopping you from enlisting?
    his limp wrist and spaghetti neck

Quote Originally Posted by Rodney DANgerfield View Post
    lol at the typical KTL Loser mentality.

What you make of your military experience is entirely on you. If you go into the military a worthless loser, odds are you're going to retrun a worthless loser.

However, if you go in with a plan and consider how you can make this experience work for you,, then you can parlay it into better things.

It's the same concept as college.

People who are too stupid/lazy to do either want to talk shit.

Obviously, you don't NEED either to be successful, but both institutions, when approached correctly, can provide a springboard to those with plans, goals, and the means to achieve them.
    true!
    Quote Originally Posted by cutn' heads View Post
    i wish i woulda joined the military when i was a younger man. i have 2 close firends who served. one is in iraq now. before he left, he caught his wife cheating on him. it fucked him up bad. and he always had this fascination with guys who sacrificed thier lives to save fellow soldiers. he was trained in bootcamp by one of the key figures in the blackhawk down story. he doesnt feel like he will have anything to come home to when his tour is over and is determined to die a hero. a fucking hero man.

the other is about to get discharged completely. he was in iraq years ago and an IED blew up his hummer. he lost like 6 of his front teeth. they sent him home, fixed his teeth and sent him back. he has some ill PTSD now. twitches and shit. bad. drinks heavy, wakes up screaming at night. but theyre letting him out and giving him like 5g's a month for the rest of his life. 5 g's bro. he can live off that if he plays his cards right.

the military is the shit.
    damn 5 gs a month is fuckin lovely bro, thats like sum lottery money, that WIN for life shit lol

5gs a month i would live like a fuckin king!!!!

SkamPoe at instagram @kinghippoe
    FOLLOW!!

Quote Originally Posted by CEITEDMOFO
    IF YOUR BLACK HISPANIC OR FROM A POOR TOWN IN THE USA U WILL BE IN THE FRONTLINES AND GET MURKEd BY RANDOM FOLK OR FRIENDLY FIRE
    luckily for me i'm the only child, so the odds of me seeing the frontlines are minimal.. emphasis on minimal

i still say it would be smarter to join the NAVY better educational opportunities there the army good though if you already have a engineering background
    just one thing if the revolution comes you better not obey your superiors and open fire on us
    went to the woods, spent time alone, meditated under a waterfall climb to the highest peak of the mountain; now I'm back, enlightened, fully trained, to be the greatest Jackass the Corp has ever seen. all hail Me, you fucking Skruds.

the one thing about the navy tho is that you aren't guaranteed employment upon enlisting, whereas with the army 100% of new recruits have a job set up for them before they even head to boot camp. i just don't like the thought of being on a ship for hella long

'

Plus the Navy has Hella high rates of homos

It's like a big gay cruise Louis cipher wasn't invited too

aint that hella right.
    my best friend is a marine but he always told me the best way to go is air force - its relatively the easiest and they pay the best at the same time
    as for me i wouldnt do any of it

Coast Guard