Thread: The Police called when a man pays his bill with pennies?

Default The Police called when a man pays his bill with pennies?

Pennies don't count as currency anymore or something? smh@ these yuppies

================================================== ======
    -Penny offense: Man fined for paying fee in pennies

No lucky pennies here: Police have charged Jason West, an aggrieved medical patient in Vernal, Utah, with disorderly conduct. His alleged crime? Attempting to pay a disputed medical bill of $25 entirely in pennies.

The story, reported in the Salt Lake City Deseret News, describes the "penny offense" this way: West, 38, did not believe he owed the medical clinic $25 but came in to pay the fee in person. He first asked the clinic staff if the facility accepted cash payments, and then dumped 2,500 pennies onto the counter and demanded that they be counted.

But West apparently hadn't counted on the clinic calling the police; the arresting officer contended that West's protest served "no legitimate purpose." The charge carries a fine that can go as high as $140--and there's no word as yet on what currency West will use to pay it.

West isn't alone in the ranks of penny protesters. A wise guy in Frederick, Maryland, showed up at the county clerk's office last summer with bags of cash to pay off his tax bill with $966.86 in change.

And a New Jersey school district a few years back punished 29 students who paid for their $2 school lunches in pennies--possibly as a prank--with two-day detentions. After parents protested, the students were pardoned. The school explained that the use of the small change slowed down the lunch line.

-http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_upshot/20110606/od_yblog_upshot/penny-offense-man-fined-for-paying-fee-in-pennies

SHAOLIN STUDENT wutangclan97chamber's Avatar

what the fuck? is there some law now saying pennies count, but you cant pay with them?

the fuck
    went to the woods, spent time alone, meditated under a waterfall climb to the highest peak of the mountain; now I'm back, enlightened, fully trained, to be the greatest Jackass the Corp has ever seen. all hail Me, you fucking Skruds.

As a kid I was taught that every penny counts, I was taught wrong?

lol thats some shit
    now you gotta pay a fee for paying a fee

thats actually a pretty crafty idea i never thought of though

. The school explained that the use of the small change slowed down the lunch line.
    real answer: employees are to dimwitted to count

i didnt read the whole thing but that shits funny and rather outlandish

sleepless in basedworld ALCATRAZ's Avatar

people always get bent out of shape when you try to pay with pennies. i can understand why, but people need to understand that pennies = money. they ain't rocks lol it's legit currency. if people have such a problem, they should just discontinue the penny.

^they have talked about that up here before, i believe sometime this year they are going to stop minting pennies. and ours are worth more lol

also, whats this?

you making music or just a comp. you threw together

Quote Originally Posted by ALCATRAZ View Post
    people always get bent out of shape when you try to pay with pennies. i can understand why, but people need to understand that pennies = money. they ain't rocks lol it's legit currency. if people have such a problem, they should just discontinue the penny.
    Time is money, the time necessary to count the pennies could be used to handle several other transactions bringing in more money.

Quote Originally Posted by ikke View Post
    Time is money, the time necessary to count the pennies could be used to handle several other transactions bringing in more money.
    Fuck that, the institutions should be charged a fee for the time a person had to wait to receive service. They need to do their job and humbly accept the money. Let those complainers eat cake.
    Quote Originally Posted by food for thought View Post
    i hope you die tonight faggit.

money is money. fuck that

sleepless in basedworld ALCATRAZ's Avatar

well, they should be wise about it. if i'm paying with pennis they are always in rolls and if you handle money you should know how to count in rolls and bulk. i can imagine if you just dump 25000 loose pennies on the counter lol but if you're being reasonable i don't see why they shouldn't just accept it.

PRODIGAL SUN

Shoulda had them bitches rolled up then it isn't as big of a deal.

PRODIGAL SUN

{>____<}

Swine laws. God damn pigs!