Page 1 of 21 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Fallout New Vegas - First trailer !

Default Fallout New Vegas - First trailer !

game of the year yall. coming fall 2010

John W. Henry

first clip i've seen of it... can't wait!

Hello, everybody! DR. NICK RIVIERA's Avatar

we'll see.
    bring back begongo!!

well...that trailer didn't really do shit to show off the game lol
    regardless....this will be purchased the day of release

^^^^^same here

Fallout 3 was one of the best games i ever played.
    seeing that NV trailer i nearly bust a nut

im a big fan of the first 2 games but fallout 3 sucked big balls. i dont even consider it a fallout game, its more like "the elder scrolls v - fallout"

i heard this is going to be similar to fallout 3 in gameplay so im not expecting anything from it, probably just another pile of crap like most rpgs are these days. now my rule of thumb is that if i dont see the word BIOWARE on it, its not worth my money plain and simple

if i wanted to play an open world shooter i would have bought grand theft auto iv a long time ago

you're the first person ive ever heard of that thought the game was anything less than good....much less horrible
    fallout 3 is one of the greatest games ever imo
    i wont hate on your dislike of the game but your comparison to elder scrolls or an open world shooter like GTA confuses the hell outta me - ive played the shit out of the first two fallout games and fallout 3 pretty much stuck exactly to the classic fallout RPG formula while bringing it into a 3D world

Although it's a new dev Bethesda and their shit QA team are involved in this game so I'm going to wait and see how it turns out rather than buying it day one

Quote Originally Posted by Mumm Ra View Post
    you're the first person ive ever heard of that thought the game was anything less than good....much less horrible
    fallout 3 is one of the greatest games ever imo
    i wont hate on your dislike of the game but your comparison to elder scrolls or an open world shooter like GTA confuses the hell outta me - ive played the shit out of the first two fallout games and fallout 3 pretty much stuck exactly to the classic fallout RPG formula while bringing it into a 3D world
    well for one thing the side quests are too much on the side, in the first games u would end up doing them while trying to figure out the main quest. in the 3rd game they pretty much walk u thru the main quest and the side quests feels like a pile of unnecessary shit

speaking of a pile of unnecessary shit, 5 fucking dlc's? after they announced the 3rd dlc i realized, shit they made this game just to make money

the first person shooter style pretty much weighs the combat towards ranged weapons. in the first games i had tons of fun gettin it in with the super sledge, no such fun to be had in the 3rd game unless u call using 34984989283 stimpacks for every random encounter fun

speaking of weapons, fallout 3 gets shitted on completely by fallout 2 where u had a much larger selection and some weapons had modifications. even with 5 dlc i believe the 2nd game still has more weapons. its a huge step backward, but i can understand if bethesda didnt want to spend the money to hire more 3d modellers if they knew chumps were gonna buy this game and all the dlc anyway

i could go on but i gotta go to work now peace

actually yeah that was my only real gripe about fallout 3 -
    i found myself using pretty much the same 3 weapons the whole time...all ranged weapons like you said.
    mines/ grenades/ melee in fallout 3 was pretty useless (i loved the super sledge in F2 also)
    well, that and there was a very small range of enemy types
    i still love the shit outta F3 though, ive beaten it twice and got to level 30 the second time around with one of the game packs
    hopefully they'll clear that up a bit with New Vegas though

Thanks for postin this man I haven't seen. I loved Fallout 3 I put a shit ton of hours into that game lol. Will definitely be buyin this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mumm Ra View Post
    actually yeah that was my only real gripe about fallout 3 -
    i found myself using pretty much the same 3 weapons the whole time...all ranged weapons like you said.
    mines/ grenades/ melee in fallout 3 was pretty useless (i loved the super sledge in F2 also)
    well, that and there was a very small range of enemy types
    i still love the shit outta F3 though, ive beaten it twice and got to level 30 the second time around with one of the game packs
    hopefully they'll clear that up a bit with New Vegas though
    oh yea i forgot the ammo types, even in fallout 1 most guns had the choice from 2 different types of bullets and in fallout3 they even made most of the guns use the same few types of bullets like this was 1993 and they were making DOOM or some shit

fallout3 has about as many enemy types as fallout2 but yea theres another area they could have improved on, maybe theyll bring back the geckos for new vegas

bein able to have more than one NPC and dogmeat with u would be nice too, thats yet another area they took a step backwards from the previous games with. youd think that they could have taken some inspiration from bioware by now. after all whos dumb enough to travel a post nuclear wasteland alone? what if u get hungry?

^^ once you get the perk that lets you switch your karma around...you can get two npc's on your team - i got the guy from Megaton and the mutant with the gatling laser following me
    they're only good for being pack mules imo though, most the time they just get in my way

Master of the yung'n dojo praise the almitey W's Avatar

honestly i liked fallout 3 but there were some flaws with the engine bethesda used also there werent many npcs wich made the game feel eerie and made me feel alone.