Page 1 of 13 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: The Avengers thread

Default The Avengers thread

promo poster that came out over the weekend at the Licensing International Expo in Las Vegas

edit: poster didnt show in the first link but 3rd poster posted it again lolz

comes out on May 4, 2012

cast so far

RDJ as Iron Man
    Chris Evans as Captain America
    Chris Hemsworth as Thor
    Tom Hiddleston as Loki
    Sam Jackson as Nick Fury
    Scarlett Johansson asNatasha Romanoff aka Black Widow
    Jeremy Renner as Clint Barton aka Hawkeye
    Mark Ruffalo as Bruce Banner aka the Hulk
    Cobie Smulders as Maria Hill
    Last edited by KZA; 03-15-2012 at 05:17 PM.

Where's the poster?
    The brutal offspring of Conan and Red Sonja.

Terry Cloth Rudolph Joint Sky Blue Bally Kid's Avatar

When I'm writing in my room

It's like a child that's fighting in the womb

- KP -

este sitio es una mierda drippie k's Avatar

THIS guy is bruce banner??

where the fuck is edward norton?? there's gonna be more people playin hulk than there was playing batman
    cash rules. still don't nothin move but the money

^^^I don't know what's gonna makes less sense, Hulk's pants still fitting after transforming or his hair going from permed to straight, lol.

- KP -

Veteran Member

"where the fuck is edward norton?? there's gonna be more people playin hulk than there was playing batman"

Couldnt agree on contract terms I believe, so what? Same shit happened with War Machine

bill bixby, eric bana, ed norton, mark ruffalo

Veteran Member

"bill bixby, eric bana, ed norton, mark ruffalo"

Movie wise, not from TV to movies. Since the Lee's Hulk wasnt counted in the Marvel Movie universe @ the time, its only been 1 change from Norton to Ruffalo

should be interesting thought they were more members of the avengers than the ones you name

^^^There's been mad incarnations over the years...

- KP -

Don’t expect the Avengers to reassemble in Hall H at Comic-Con International in July.

The official word from Marvel Studios is that their team will sit out the Hollywood previews in the 6,000-seat hall, where fans, bloggers and journalists from around the world come to see filmmakers and stars introduce and promote their upcoming spectacle movies.

Last year, Marvel delivered a thunderclap moment by lining up the cast of “The Avengers” on stage — it was a surprise parade of stars that included Robert Downey Jr., Samuel L. Jackson, Scarlett Johansson and Chris Evans as well as director Joss Whedon. But with that movie now filming in New Mexico, the studio leaders decided that, as far as Hall H goes, it wasn’t prepared to compete with its own past and wild fan expectations.

“Go big or stay home,” is how one Marvel insider put it, and that logic is seemingly embraced by rival Warner Bros. with “Man of Steel,” the 2012 feature-film revival of Superman that is conspicuously absent (at least at this point) from the Hall H program. “The Dark Knight Rises,” Warner’s follow-up to its billion-dollar Batman film in 2009, is also M.I.A., but Gotham City filmmaker Christopher Nolan has never set foot in Hall H so this latest absence may add to his mystique, but it won’t shock anyone. The sci-fi epic “John Carter” is also a notable absentee in Hall H, but Disney is holding it back for a very specific reason — it will be a centerpiece (along with “The Lone Ranger“) at August’s D23 Expo, the Anaheim event that is being constructed as a Disney-dedicated rival convention.

Considering its corporate parentage, Marvel Studios might well be part of that D23 program in a big way too. The leadership at Marvel Studios is also quick to point out that sitting out Hall H is not synonymous with sitting out Comic-Con, which runs July 21-24; the studio will have a major presence on the convention showroom floor (one Marvel source cryptically said that the booth plan will be as attention-grabbing as last year’s Hall H panel), and there’s talk of a promotional event beyond the walls of the San Diego Convention Center, which might suggest a “Captain America: The First Avenger” promotion, premiere or special screenings.

Even without Marvel Studios, the Marvel universe will still be represented in Hall H — Sony’s Columbia Pictures will use Hall H to introduce next year’s Spider-Man revival and its cast, led by Andrew Garfield. (Spider-Man, the Fantastic Four, the X-Men and Daredevil are prominent characters from the pages of Marvel Comics that were licensed for use by other Hollywood powers before Marvel Studios arrived on the scene with “Iron Man” in 2009.)

“Captain America: The First Avenger” opens nationwide July 22 as the second Marvel Studios release this year, joining “Thor.” If Marvel does stage a major off-site Comic-Con event for the film, it would join the previously announced “Cowboys & Aliens” premiere in San Diego and the growing D23 as signposts for a new Comic-Con trend — Hollywood’s search for a singular spotlight that keeps that special Comic-Con energy but shines beyond the shared stage in Hall H.

– Geoff Boucher

http://herocomplex.latimes.com/2011/.../?dlvrit=63378

Quote Originally Posted by Fatal Guillotine View Post
    should be interesting thought they were more members of the avengers than the ones you name
    Yes but how are you going to properly incorporate Ant-Man or Wasp into a film like this. I do expect a Hank Pymn cameo but not as Ant-Man but as a scientist.
    Even without taking on-screen translations into consideration, you can't fit every avenger into a 2 hour film and expect it to be good.

never know

{>____<}

Quote Originally Posted by ikke View Post
    Yes but how are you going to properly incorporate Ant-Man or Wasp into a film like this. I do expect a Hank Pymn cameo but not as Ant-Man but as a scientist.
    Even without taking on-screen translations into consideration, you can't fit every avenger into a 2 hour film and expect it to be good.

No. Make it a 3 1/2 hour film and make it good! I was they would've hired Peter Jackson to direct this film. It'd be epic, that's for sure.

RDjr hinted that Pym would be introduced as Giant man in the movie.