Quote Originally Posted by El Don View Post
    AND EVEN MORE YEAH!!!!!!!!!

MUST WATCH!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGt-s...layer_embedded

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
    Method Man

Method Man

So who do you think these guys are working with Loki?

Method Man

the badoon?

i know they barely resemble what's on screen, but they had personal hovercrafts and they're the only marvel aliens i can think of that resemble the guys from the trailer

maybe it's something new? or the fake skrull chitauri from "the ultimates" series?

only one i cant figure out is the chick

Terry Cloth Rudolph Joint Sky Blue Bally Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El Don View Post
    AND EVEN MORE YEAH!!!!!!!!!

MUST WATCH!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGt-s...layer_embedded
    Now that, is extra sick!

When I'm writing in my room

It's like a child that's fighting in the womb

- KP -

"I have an army"
    "We have a Hulk"
    Nice reply hahaha
    A razor-blade instead of a tongue, My game’s sharp. - Method Man

I'll definetly wanna watch this, but how can anyone seriously compare this to TDKR? This is popcorn-bubblegum-entertainment compared to TDKR.

Veteran Member

Its the Skrulls...

"I'll definetly wanna watch this, but how can anyone seriously compare this to TDKR? This is popcorn-bubblegum-entertainment compared to TDKR."

Oh do tell on your "review" of the movie that Im sure youve seen

I hope not...Skrulls are shit.

Loki’s Army Revealed In Avengers Superbowl Trailer – And We Know Who They Are. Ish.

34 Comments

Written on February 5, 2012 by Brendon Connelly in Film, Top Stories, Trending

We’ve finally been given a look at Loki’s forces in the new, extended trailer for The Avengers, as premiered online just after a cut-down version graced the Superbowl.
    Here are four screen grabs from the single shot in which they appear with any degree of clarity:

So it’s not the Skrull or the Kree – despite the silhouette almost matching, that’s down to their funky headwear.
    These figures do look quite a bit like the Frost Giants as seen in Thor

…but not exactly.
    I don’t think these strange invaders are complete strangers, however. Or, at least, I reckon we’ve seen a scene with lots of similarities.
    Here are some pages from Thor, during Walt Simonson’s run, the famous Surtur Saga storyline — which at one point brings in both the Fantastic Four and The Avengers in an attempt to help save the day against attack by an overwhelming force in New York.

What you see here are the sons of Muspell, creatures from Muspellheim, dropping into the streets of Manhattan to wreak havok. In both Norse myth and Simonson’s comics, this storyline also involves the breaking of the Bifröst bridge, but as some of that has been played out in last year’s Thor, Joss Whedon’s script for The Avengers probably won’t be going beat-for-beat with what we’ve already read in the comics.
    In Simonson’s storyline, the sons of Muspell come to New York via a portal near the top of the Empire State Building. Here’s a page:

This too is echoed in these scenes from The Avengers. In that first trailer screencap at the top of this post, note a glimpse of some sort of large arch structure with the warriors dropping down from it (Or out of it. Edited to add — looking even more closely at that top image, the shadowed part of the arch seems to be actually composed of the figures emerging from it. That would match the concept of the comic page here almost exactly), and also note the Chrysler building here:

Some sort of energy burst around the spire of the building here, as per the comics. The edit makes it seem that Thor causes the lightning, but we don’t know if that’s really the case – and even if it is, there’s no reason to discount the association. Re-watch the trailer after you’ve taken a good look at these pages. Panic in the streets with warriors dropping down or out of an arched mass or structure, the focus on the building top, and the general look of the creatures… it’s all a pretty decent look-and-feel fit with the visual of the comic storyline, even if the details are remixed to fit the film.
    So, Loki’s army would seem to be something like the sons of Muspell, from somewhere like Muspellheim. The names might change – that won’t be important – but if I were a betting man, I’d say that they won’t. I’d say the original Norse handles are going to hang around.
    There’s a long history of comic book movies taking bits and pieces of imagery and plot mechanics from here and there in the strips that inspired them. I’m sure that Whedon has done just the same. And I’m also pretty sure he’ll have put them altogether into something fresh and cogent…
    But to know about that for sure, there’s still a little waiting to get through. The Avengers reaches US screens on May 4th, and UK screens a week early on April 27th.

This movie will definitely be enjoyable, I have no doubts about that. Despite whether or not Scarlett Johansson gives a good performance (she looks kind of bored in the trailer), she's a stone cold fox. I still can't get over how badass RDJ is as Tony Stark. It's the best cast superhero of all time.

I haven't seen Thor or Captain America yet. Did you guys like those flicks?
    Last edited by Construct; 02-07-2012 at 01:02 AM.

Veteran Member

Thor only, Capt was slow & not as entertaining

Cap was the weakest one of the lot but that's not to say it was bad.

Going back to the Avengers, The Frost Giants would make sense from a movie standpoint but those comic panels mirror nicely what was shown in the trailer.

I really do hope The Avengers go toe to toe with The Hulk in this one too.
    The brutal offspring of Conan and Red Sonja.