Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How is there not a "MONUMENTAL" thread yet??!!!

Veteran Member

"WHO THE FUK IS DISSIN THIS"

A lot surprisingly . They miss the old PR on the SP, they think hes passed his prime, they feel that its more of a "PR featuring S&W" album because he still has a long slew of guests on this like his regular producer albums (Soul Survivor + NY's Finest), most weren't feeling the rhymes from S&W, think the beats dont knock, etc.

this, random axe, statik selektah and action bronson lp, legendary weapons, #section80.. fuck im set with good music for a while

p.s. if your hatin this album your helen keller

im waiting for tomorrow, imma pick it up s soon as rasputin's opens yee yee... im pumped!

Throw Ya W's Up!
    Propz To Sean For Kickin' The God A Siggy

Cilvaring's Father deezGlazedTonsils1981's Avatar

Monumental >>>>> random axe

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

Album is hot, best track is That's Hard...Nighttime is my shit too
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

PRODIGAL SUN

Just started listening today and this shit is fire, easily top 2011.

Wu Vatican

Quote Originally Posted by angry! View Post

ears are fucked up in 2011!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    hahahahaha

Your fav. artist's artist fatboybrandon's Avatar

I'm glad I didn't go to that album release party last night, NYPD strikes again..

Banned

the PIGS had to make the night about them... HUH?!!?!?!?!??

ROCK getting hit with a nightstick for what?!!?!?!?!?

just another pussy cop, thatll put a round in your man, and lie on the stand...

i hope that pink faggot catches a slug on his next traffic stop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wow.......... just wow

thats some fucked up shit all around

i can see why ppl don't like it, the production isn't as good as i expected. this album def. aint wack tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Jin10304 View Post
    "still got the heavy drums..."

Def not, the SP1200 has always had grittier heavier sounding drums then the clean sounding MPC ones. You think "Live & Learn" has heavy drums? "A-Yo"? "Boston To Buckdown"? "Gimme One"? the first beat to "Prevail"? "Top Of The World" or "Stand Up Guy"? Theres a clear definition of drum work between both machines & the way Pete utilizes them. But I agree with claaa7, theres some tracks that sound like SP beats just like NYs Finest
    i disagree the beats he does on the MPC. SOMETIMES (very imporant to take into account) because he's done plenty of hard hitting drum tracks since he switched to the Mpc. i mean it sure as hell ain't the machine, it's the man behind the machine. and for those who think Pete should go back fully to the SP1200 they're fooling eachself. i think it's time for those to start stop listening to Pete Rock cuz if you look at it that way these "fans" only care about the 1991 to 1998 style of Pete making him "AVERAGE" or whatever they call him for the bigger part of their careers.

yeah his drums sound softer on all the tracks you mentioned, but the samples are there, and the snares and drum patterns are far from weak. he's still one of the best, no doubt. if you listen to his last 3 albums (counting thsi SnW LP) it's everident that he's evolved as a producer - sure the dreams on the songs you posted doesn't have boom bap drums at all BUT all tracks you mentioned are chill out songs more the lass. other parts of the album his drum game is pretty much as nasty as it's always been.

easily one of my favorite albums this year, no fucking question. better than "Random Axe" for example which was good album. i even liked SnW's rhyme style on here (it's simple but it's street and effective) and the guests come through.

this is about as dope as "NY's Finest" and been getting alot of front-to-back play the last week (my go-to internet store is still working on delivering the product but I need that shit NOW)!!!

btw for those of y'all who got the CD does it feature all 14 tracks?

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

Veteran Member

"SOMETIMES (very imporant to take into account) because he's done plenty of hard hitting drum tracks since he switched to the Mpc"

"Sure...but nowhere near his output when his classics on the SP were being pumped out."

"i mean it sure as hell ain't the machine, it's the man behind the machine"

Yes, and Petes pretty whack with the MPC drum machine..thats why I even brought it up.

"but the samples are there, and the snares and drum patterns are far from weak."

Sure there PRESENT, but are they like how he used to produce? Hes taken a decline for sure, the patterns stay the same, but dont knock. People will always criticize their idols when they themselves see of decline of quality work. Do you wish RZA still made Wu songs like back then instead of his newer style? Do you wish Prodigy went back to his HOE style instead of his handicap flow? Wish for Eminem to stop shouting his verse? Of course you do, from the quality of work Petes produced for years the fans cant help but notice, and a fan always has the right to criticize, nothing wrong with that. You go from "I Got A Love" to "Live & Learn"?? WHAT?. You go from "Verbal Murder" to "OLDER GODS II?".

Do you think smif n wessun are pissed that all their guest rapped better than them? Overall very ehh. A couple of great songs, but also 'This One' and 'Top Of The World' which might be the shittiest beat PRs ever made.

I would say PR was losing it, but hes also coming with shit like 'The Joy', 'Thin Line', 'Light It Up' recently. So my overall impression was just of laziness. Smif-N-Wesson just do what they do, you can't really fault them if they're your bag.

Veteran Member

"Do you think smif n wessun are pissed that all their guest rapped better than them?"

Not all of them. Freeway only did chorus work, they blew Top Dogg out of the water on This One, Hurricane was so-so on Do It. Bleek was awful on World

"but also 'This One' and 'Top Of The World' which might be the shittiest beat PRs ever made."

Naw I think nothing tops Older Gods 2

"I would say PR was losing it, but hes also coming with shit like 'The Joy', 'Thin Line', 'Light It Up'"

Joy is old as FUCK. Its from 1997 from classic SP1200 Pete, why do you think its so good lol?