Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Know the problem with hip-hop?

Default Know the problem with hip-hop?

Every fucking rapper raps about rapping. If they're not rapping about rapping, they're rapping about past rappers and the state of the "rap game". The reason why your album doesn't sell and some dime-a-dozen commercial release does is because nobody wants to listen to you say "Biggie was the greatest", "I rap the greatest", "the underground" for 50 minutes over the same samples that were done 10 years ago.

Shut the fuck up and rap you stupid cunts.

On that note can anyone put me onto some good Detroit style produced shit? Talking Slum Village Fantastic Vol 2, Apollo Brown, Black Milk, Dilla ect.

Teachin Da SeedZ

And AOTP and the likes are fucking shit.

"Im blah blah blah/
    youll be blah blah blah/
    come at me and blah/
    like a blah blah blah/"

saved you the download quota.

Teachin Da SeedZ

And, if you're still saying "lyrical" in 2011 you should just stop and fucking kill yourself.

If I hear "lyrical bullet" I automatically turn that shit off

Teachin Da SeedZ

Sadly it is true. I love how they are trying to prove how unfair it is that someone like B.o.b and Ricky are famous when all they do is bitching and rapping about how much better they are than others. Sooooo many forgetable albums are getting released these days.

Come up with nice concepts and then we can talk.
    "Motherfuckers say that I'm foolish, that I only talk about jewells, do you fools listen to music or do you just skim through it?" - Jay-Z

Inspektah Meth-Tical

No.

Rapping about rapping is the true essence of rapping.

The problem with hip hop these days is people are influenced by the rapper and not the rapping.

Like angry!, he thinks this rap game is a dating site and he's looking for his perfect match. He hates on rappers cause of the way they are not the way they rap.

That's why MMG >>>>>>>

Nice over-generalization.

eLZhi - The Preface.
    Slept On!

Rapping about rapping is the true essence of rapping.

That's the gayest fucking sentence ever. I bet you're a lyrical beast on the mic. Faggot.

Teachin Da SeedZ

Quote Originally Posted by DJMethods View Post
    And AOTP and the likes are fucking shit.

"Im blah blah blah/
    youll be blah blah blah/
    come at me and blah/
    like a blah blah blah/"

saved you the download quota.
    Im not the biggest AOTP fan either, over produced over the tope beats.

Hip-hop has been seriously lacking originality in the last 10 years or so.

good call on Elzhi but already copped it.

It's a good example of mixing it up, joints like Talking in My Sleep, Guessing Game ect instead of just shitty battle rap.

Teachin Da SeedZ

Quote Originally Posted by Durag View Post
    Im not the biggest AOTP fan either, over produced over the tope beats.

Hip-hop has been seriously lacking originality in the last 10 years or so.
    I used to love that shit. I'd buy an AOTP album the day it dropped, copped Snowgoons albums, Apathy and a bunch of other battle rap shit.

I'd play it for a while, get bored, go back to something with a bit of feeling to it.

Was going through looking for something to bump in the office and noticed just how much shitty battle rap has come out and how stale and old it gets. The beats are still ok, the lyrics are "technically good", but fuck me there's no soul to that shit. It's the same, it's stale, there's no feeling no matter how many times some cracker screams "I live these lyrics!!" while blatantly lying.

Teachin Da SeedZ

I like Apathy's music but he comes across as a real bitter individual on twitter, his campaign to 'boycott the word swag' is the most pathetic shit I've seen, almost as lame as this diss;

What i hate is (trying not to generalize or anything) a lot of backpack and white rappers try so hard to be technically good on the mic with pretty good lyrics i have to admit, and use a lot of boom bap sounding samples to try and proclaim they are 'true' hip-hop, but in doing so get rid of any personality whatsoever and lack any charisma, which is the most boring hip-hop i can possibly listen to.

Hip-hops biggest stars have been big not just becuase of their technical skills, but also because of their charisma and personality. In the last few years rapping skills have went way down the list in terms of credentials to be a good rapper (replaced with 'swag') which is pretty shit to listen to as well, but i think in the last year or two thats been turning back around.

I been saying this forever, dudes need to stop looking at hip hop like its a sport and go back to looking at it for what it is suppose to be, music! I dont care how clever you think you are on the mic, if you cant make good music.. forget it.