Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Know the problem with hip-hop?

Thats a generalization, theres plenty of rappers that talk about other stuff that are both mainstream and underground. Eg Actual Proof, Drake, Self Scientific, Roots, Skyzoo etc.

You sound totally jaded and mad about Hip Hop. Maybe you should listen to another genre for about a month. I try doing this when I get bored of Hip Hop. It usually lasts about 3 days.

I'll just give you a few random recs you might like =)

Catch Lungs - Awake In A Dream

Features include One Be Lo, Blu, eLZhi, Guilty Simpson and a few more.

Ghettosocks

I haven't copped his 2nd album yet.

Wordsworth (of eMC) - Mirror Music

Such an undermentioned album.

The Dynospectrum - Self Titled

It is to Rhymesayers what Funcrusher Plus is to Def Jux
    If you don't like Atmosphere, don't worry, I'm not a big Atmosphere fan. This album is fire!
    If you like this check out MHz - Table Scraps(I put it in the Album Reviews section) and an album by a group named Mood called Doom.

Also check out Imaginarium. Easily a top 10 album of all time. It's NOT French, just his name is L'Roneous : )

All The Albums Listed:
    Catch Lungs - Awake In A Dream
    Ghettosocks - Get Some Friends
    Wordsworth - Mirror Music
    The Dynospectrum - Self Titled
    MHz -Table Scraps
    Mood - Doom
    L'Roneous - Imaginarium

=)
    Last edited by Prime8; 06-28-2011 at 09:06 AM. Reason: Add more
    Slept On!

FRESH FISH

You say it like rappers in the nineties weren't complaining about the current state of hip-hop.

Quote Originally Posted by ikke View Post
    I came in here to say the same.
    Nothing is more hip-hop than complaining about the current state of hip-hop.

Veteran Member

Uh-nudda problemo wit rapp is dat rappaz uze duh same topics mostly - gunz, druggo, and hoez.

Uh-nudda problemo wit rapp, iz deh 'producero' chopp up dee samplez so muche, dat it have no rhyddim an it soundz so machine-like. And deer iz little variationo of deeh muzik of dee rapp.

uh-nudda problemo wit rapp iz dat dee muziko iz not danceable muzik, juste hed-nodd muzik.

Uh-nudda problemo iz dat de rapp muzik lyrico duzz not have inspiring messago to it, most of time, but just rappin about topic apparantlyo for no reasono.

Lack of creativity iz problemo az wello.

Veteran Member

Uh-nudda problemo iz dat albumz wit consistency iz not made, but most albumoz sound like mixtapes

Inspektah Meth-Tical

Quote Originally Posted by DJMethods View Post
    Rapping about rapping is the true essence of rapping.

That's the gayest fucking sentence ever. I bet you're a lyrical beast on the mic. Faggot.
    this must be the gayest rebuttal I've ever heard..i bet you can paint vivid pictures like a Scorsese flick right? faggot.

Nobody who buys pop music does so because of the lyrics.
    The reason catchy bull shit sells in any genre is because the average person just likes things that are repetitive and easy to remember.
    Dumbed down garbage.
    Nobody who buys the newest thing thinks it's lyrical or good. Just the shit everyone else is listening too. The shit everyone is playing.
    Few people are actually music fans.

The only exception to that rule may be dubstep. Why that shit sells, I have no idea.
    I'd say it's an act of God but it's more likely an act of Satan.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinxy View Post
    The only exception to that rule may be dubstep. Why that shit sells, I have no idea.
    I'd say it's an act of God but it's more likely an act of Satan.
    What is wrong with dubstep?

Where are you from? Reason I ask is coz in America that shit form of dubstep, called brostep at times seems to be pretty big, way bigger than what was originally known as dubstep.

All that 'filth' stuff is shit, it's just 4 second bursts of the most fucked up sounds the artist can think of and putting them together over a generic drum pattern. Artists like skrillix excision, datsik, borgore etc, I agree that is shit.

But real dubstep is a seriously dope genre. Just check out kryptic minds new album "can't sleep". If you don't know burial, skream, digital mystikz, distance, 2562, scuba, kode9 etc etc check them out. Might change your opinion.

Dubstep will never be popular, shit like Skrillex is just over the top, slightly harsher dance music. No dub there.

I now pretty much only listen to new hip hop for beats, if the flow is good, who gives a fuck what they are saying.

I can still appreciate lyrics, i just don't hold out any hope of finding an album with enjoyable beats and flow, in combination with good lyrics.

I'd prefer to relax to stuff like this:

Than bother with fucking Warcloud or Apathy or AOTP or any new wu release or new Nas pretty much.

sleepless in basedworld ALCATRAZ's Avatar

lil b is the only rap artist that matters on this great earth

hahahaha ''lyrical bullet'' hahahahah that's so true !

I partly agree. And this is the exact reason why SH keeps on disappointing me. So much talent, yet practically everything they release is on some generic rapping-raps bullshit with corny punches.. I still like raps about rapping as long as their good though, but it gets old. The rapper also needs to really know what he's doing on the mic for it to work..

And the fact that everyone does this, adds to my puzzlement over why there's not any more Qn5 fans. Real music for real people.

And people throwing in Apathy as a straight up battle rapper needs to relisten to his albums.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones
    I didn't like it because of the beats.