Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fuck Odd Future, Lil B etc, Big K.R.I.T is the best new artist in hip-hop in ages....

sleepless in basedworld ALCATRAZ's Avatar

gaaaaarbaaaage

PRODIGAL SUN

I bump the Something track regularly, real shit.

Haven't heard much else though.

Quote Originally Posted by Djaminha View Post
    You should listen to them, It took me a while to finally give KRIT a chance but I'm glad I did.

It's a fair comparison, as both OF & Lil B are being hailed as saviours etc. I listen to tracks like Yonkers, Ass Milk, Wonton Soup, Ellen Degeneres etc. and I am in disfelief at this trash.

'Neva Go Back' is my shit though.
    kill yourself ... i can understand those other tracks not being your thing but assmilk is fucking dope..

BASCO

to me its more a generation/age thing even though most of these posters prolly won't admit it and will try to prove objectively that odd future/basedgod is wack

DuncanHine Monument Cakes CEITEDMOFO's Avatar

KENDRICK LAMAR, MAFFEW RAGAZINO, FASHAWN>>>>> BIG KLiT THOUGH THE FIRST VIDS BEAT IS DOPE

DJ /Tastemaker/Asskicker J-Ronin's Avatar

Big Krit is dope i agree. he produces most of his own music too. he reminds me of ugk and david banner
    ALL ELEMENTS vol. 12 hosted by M.O.P. out now!! - vol.11 hosted by Jadakiss in stores now
    www.twitter.com/jronin
    www.twitter.com/savkillz

Quote Originally Posted by CEITEDMOFO View Post
    FASHAWN
    What ever happened to FASHAWN? He was seen as the next big thing when "boy meets world" dropped, but I've heard fuck all since. I heard he done an illmatic mixtape.

"boy meets world" was horribly overrated though, even by myself. I thought it wad brilliant at first, but over time it had fuckin zero replay value.

^fucking banging beat

yeh hes dope imo,good shit no doubt!!

i don't get this whole based god lil b garbage shit,hes trash to me,calling himself a god and ppl looking up to him like a god.richy rich shit.are ppl mentally handicapped these days,or is the brainwashing just that effective.

Okay, I have downloaded Return of 4eva a while ago (like 2 days ago) I havent really listened to any tracks on it except for Dreamin' This thread has inspired me to listen to it, if he IS as good/ better than odd future, you win. If Odd Future is better, I win.
    But the real reason I enjoy odd future is because they have a newer sound than most other rappers, they don't go mainstream (even though they want to) they just can't. I love how their songs are about touchy subjects and they push boundries.
    OH and Lil' B is garbage imo
    Last edited by eatmaxeat; 06-30-2011 at 03:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Durag View Post
    What ever happened to FASHAWN? He was seen as the next big thing when "boy meets world" dropped, but I've heard fuck all since. I heard he done an illmatic mixtape.

"boy meets world" was horribly overrated though, even by myself. I thought it wad brilliant at first, but over time it had fuckin zero replay value.

^fucking banging beat
    He's making an album called Ecology and he's dropped a few mixtapes since Boy Meets World.
    I think it should be out this year.
    Slept On!

Big KRIT is dope. His sound is a little more mainstream than Odd Future. I still haven't heard much of them but I been listening to Tylers 'Bastard' and its pretty decent. I think it'll grow on me more too. It reminds me a lot of Eminem and Kool Keith. I think for such a young dude its really impressive and they'll probably grow as artists. I think in the long run they might have more potential than KRIT.

Quote Originally Posted by eatmaxeat View Post
    Okay, I have downloaded Return of 4eva a while ago (like 2 days ago) I havent really listened to any tracks on it except for Dreamin' This thread has inspired me to listen to it, if he IS as good/ better than odd future, you win. If Odd Future is better, I win.
    But the real reason I enjoy odd future is because they have a newer sound than most other rappers, they don't go mainstream (even though they want to) they just can't. I love how their songs are about touchy subjects and they push boundries.
    OH and Lil' B is garbage imo
    Download "K.R.I.T Wuz Here", imo its the better of the two albums.

Its not about winning either, Odd Future are doing something different on a mainstream level at least, their sound is pretty new and they have a unique stlye. K.R.I.T is more traditional hip-hop drenched in soul samples, but hes doing it so much better than anyone has in a loooooong time.

His most introspective tracks like "I Gotta Stay" are some of the most lyrically touching ive heard in years, and instead of opting for big mournful pianos or violins or over the top strings, he goes for a very minimal electronic approach which is great to here. He creates thes atmosphere of sorrow rather than going straight for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sosa View Post
    Big KRIT is dope. His sound is a little more mainstream than Odd Future. I still haven't heard much of them but I been listening to Tylers 'Bastard' and its pretty decent. I think it'll grow on me more too. It reminds me a lot of Eminem and Kool Keith. I think for such a young dude its really impressive and they'll probably grow as artists. I think in the long run they might have more potential than KRIT.
    If Odd Future do grow as artists, then ya, they probably do have more potential. They need to release a great album though and expand their sound.

PRODIGAL SUN

Quote Originally Posted by MaskedAvenger View Post
    Hahahaha good on him to be honest, the same questions pop up time and time again in interviews, it gets hella boring,

Haha @ that vid. I see nothing wrong with skater fag rappers, who gives a shit what they do outside of music, some of these guys can write some goddamn lyrics, maybe these teenyboppers drooling over them will appreciate the skill/creativity aspect and branch out from there.