Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Fuck Odd Future, Lil B etc, Big K.R.I.T is the best new artist in hip-hop in ages....

DuncanHine Monument Cakes CEITEDMOFO's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Durag View Post
    What ever happened to FASHAWN? He was seen as the next big thing when "boy meets world" dropped, but I've heard fuck all since. I heard he done an illmatic mixtape.

"boy meets world" was horribly overrated though, even by myself. I thought it wad brilliant at first, but over time it had fuckin zero replay value.

^fucking banging beat
    U NEED TO GET THE ALCHEMIST FASHAWN MIXTAPe

Quote Originally Posted by Durag View Post
    I've been saying this for a while, K.R.I.T not only drops two free albums with "K.R.I.T Wuz Here" last year and "Return Of 4eva" this year, that are not onlybetter than most albums ive paid for in the last two years, but easily two of the best albums of the last two years.

Initially i was a bit dissapointed with "Return Of 4eva", not that it wasnt dope but it just didnt measure up to "K.R.I.T Wuz Here". Over time its really grown on me and it may not have as much stand out tracks as his debut but its almost as good, bar about 2-3 tracks.

K.R.I.T came go from a banging southern track, so some real intorspective shit (easily his best area), to political/social, to women etc and although they may sound like topics that have been done countless times, he comes across sounding so fresh and full of personality that it sounds like the first time you've heard them.

Not only that, but he produces his own beats! His beats are some of the best i have heard in years, it hard to say if hes a better producer or rapper.

Fuck typing, imma let some of his music do the talking:

^One of his best tracks imo

My God, he's doing what everyone else has done, like no one I've ever heard before! he's on fire!
    I like a soulful track as much as the next guy, but that shit's just okay... I could see downloading it but that flow is basic, the rhymes are average and the beat is repetitive to the point it's boring.

The Thrill of It All spammy sosa's Avatar

damn

but this though