Page 30 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2021222324252627282930313233343536 LastLast

Thread: Is Lil B's "I'm Gay" album any good?

lil b cant rap to save his life, anyone that thinks he can needs to fall from a very high cliff

Seriously its a great album, gets better each time you listen. I think the lyrics are a little abstract which might throw people off. As for his flow, if you don't like it you don't like it. He has a slow drawl to his lyrics and hes a little offbeat. Plenty of rappers that are respected and/or successful have offbeat flows. Eg Masta Killa, Doom, Keith, Gucci Mane etc. Again, not everyone has to rap with a flow like Pun or Inspectah Deck. Theres enough room in Hip Hop for many styles, but don't say he can't rap, what you should say is "I don't like his raps, even if I probably haven't heard the album and I'm just jumping on the fuck Lil B bandwagon like the corny little fuck that I am"

He should do a collab with Skee Lo.

BASCO

... why Skee-Lo in particular?

I think the im gay title scared away a lot of people. Also, do gay people even listen to rap? They listen to more britney spears than rap I could imagine.

CORNED BEEF SAMMICH Synthesizer Patel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tragedykhadafi12 View Post
    I think the im gay title scared away a lot of people. Also, do gay people even listen to rap? They listen to more britney spears than rap I could imagine.
    im pretty sure gays enjoy the likes of G.O.O.D. Music and anything affliated with Kanye West

yeah only hypermasculine heterosexuals oozing testerone listen to songs like "i'm a pretty bitch" and "i look like hannah montana"

gtfoh

This thread stopped being about Lil B pages ago.

Stop going off-topic.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    Thanks for your hate hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandemic View Post
    yeah only hypermasculine heterosexuals oozing testerone listen to songs like "i'm a pretty bitch" and "i look like hannah montana"

gtfoh
    well you know.. seeing the amount of homophobia in wu-corp i can only assume that everyone on the boards are hypermasculine hyperheterosexuals.. thus they would throughly enjoy the antics of lil b

{>____<}

I swear, if critics say that I'm Gay is album of the year, hip-hop is FINISHED! I'm done because this is starting to get silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Synthesizer Patel View Post
    well you know.. seeing the amount of homophobia in wu-corp i can only assume that everyone on the boards are hypermasculine hyperheterosexuals.. thus they would throughly enjoy the antics of lil b
    I don't think there is homophobia on this board, I just think the PC crowd assumes anyone who doesn't agree with homosexuality or doesn't like it is automatically afraid of it. In reality, this is a rap board. Hiphop has always held certain staples of black culture even though hiphop as a whole isn't entirely black. One of those, is the conservative outlook that men are expected to act and be a certain way. If that goes against what you think, I have no idea why you'd post on a rap board and especially a Wu board to begin with. It's not like they've ever been gay friendly. It's like being someone who no one likes at a party and instead of being cool and leaving when you know you aren't wanted, you wait until someone kicks your ass out or tells you to fuck off.

Quote Originally Posted by Tectrus Moa View Post
    I swear, if critics say that I'm Gay is album of the year, hip-hop is FINISHED! I'm done because this is starting to get silly.
    1. I think that'd be highly unlikely.
    2. If a critics opinion on an album affects your opinion on an entire music genre, you're a moron.
    Slept On!

Quote Originally Posted by Jinxy View Post
    I don't think there is homophobia on this board, I just think the PC crowd assumes anyone who doesn't agree with homosexuality or doesn't like it is automatically afraid of it. In reality, this is a rap board. Hiphop has always held certain staples of black culture even though hiphop as a whole isn't entirely black. One of those, is the conservative outlook that men are expected to act and be a certain way. If that goes against what you think, I have no idea why you'd post on a rap board and especially a Wu board to begin with. It's not like they've ever been gay friendly. It's like being someone who no one likes at a party and instead of being cool and leaving when you know you aren't wanted, you wait until someone kicks your ass out or tells you to fuck off.
    Black culture has no gays in it?!

I call people out cos they say stupid shit. I happen to be adult. Calling rappers gay cos they dress a certain way or don't rap about guns and drugs is stupid. Calling someone you don't know gay on an internet forum is pointless.

Logic right? If you are gay its not an insult, if you aren't then its just childish and irrelevant. You fucking cocksucking faggot.

Quote Originally Posted by Synthesizer Patel View Post
    well you know.. seeing the amount of homophobia in wu-corp i can only assume that everyone on the boards are hypermasculine hyperheterosexuals..
    your goddamn right!!

i hate fags so much that i punch all the teeth out of their large gay faces and then make them suck my dick (no homo).
    "Fuck Wu Tang Corp" - The GZA/Genius

https://soundcloud.com/gptent/tito-lo-blak-hell

Quote Originally Posted by Jinxy View Post
    so does it justify someone not wanting to listen to an album with the word "gay" in it? don't get me wrong here, I'm not a homo and neither do I support that way of life, but thats me.. others may see differently. i do acknowledge that it is really difficult to determine what a person is intending to get across through their posts, so one is just left to extrapolating, and apparent homophobia on the internet might as well just associate the poster with ignorance.

hating homos is not a healthy solution to not supporting the colorful way of life.. instead just don't mind it and do you.. if an album is named "I'm Gay (I'm Happy)" and people like tectrus moa say shit like "plz dont let it be AOTY" (like thats gonna happen) just because of its name??? nonsense.