Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Noble Scity & DJ Modesty "Noble Scity Mixtape"

Default Noble Scity & DJ Modesty "Noble Scity Mixtape"

Noble Scity & DJ Modesty "Noble Scity Mixtape" FREE DOWNLOAD!!!

http://noblescity.bandcamp.com

Noble Scity & DJ Modesty, of The Real Hip Hop Show, brings you a mixtape packed from beginning to end with a slew of Noble Scity classics from years past! Those that are new to Noble Scity will certainly get a better understanding of the talent amongst these 6 MCs. For those that have followed Noble Scity's rise, this will be a great collection for you.

Featuring all Noble Scity members Crucial The Guillotine, Danamic, Illy Vas, Kaotny, Sleeps, and Zagnif Nori. With additional features by Kevlaar 7, Bambino, Shake C, Questjun, Yatil Hasaan, and Govanna.

Enjoy!

-NOBLE SCITY-
    Last edited by Zagnif Nori; 08-04-2011 at 09:30 AM.
    New EP "Fer Noble" NOW AVAILABLE!!!
    www.noblescity.bandcamp.com/album/fer-noble

should be nothing but flames.

props

Caught up with the sky
    Shot at God.

naaasty

SkamPoe at instagram @kinghippoe
    FOLLOW!!

Headz is sleepin, this is str8 ill! P.e.a.c.e. To the ns cats

Good looking ya'll! Appreciate it. Thank you!

-NOBLE SCITY-

yooooo my bad fam

i didnt even see this until 7th pointed it out, my apologies

stickied

king disguised as beggar. the silencer's Avatar

downloading now......

this shit is sounding RIDICULOUS!!!

can't believe i had never heard some of these joints, is this stuff new???

Illy Vas is a fuckin beast

i hope you postin this shit in the Hip Hop Shop section, mofuccas need to hear this

@Bronze, thank you for the sticky. I appreciate that.

@Silencer, all these joints are actually old except for the Danamic "Pop The Tape In" track which will be on his upcoming EP. Needed something from him since he doesn't have much so decided to put an exclusive snippet of his. Most of the tracks are featured on projects such as Illy Vas "LayUps", Kaotny "Unpolished", Sleeps "NJ Path" mixtape, and my "Insignia"EP. Some tracks are joints that have been around but no real home such as "No Faces", "Eyes On U", and "So Hard". "Ballad of Axes" is a really old track of mine back when I was like 19 featured on a mixtape I did back then."Harsh Winds" we included the full version with Illy and Kaotny. And "Tears" I asked Kevlaar if it was cool to feature it and he gave his nod on that. Yeah, I did post it in the Hip-Hop Section as well, but that got slept on LOL and moved back a couple pages. Thanks a lot for the love and respect!

Some dude at another website did a crazy dope review on this mixtape for us. I'll post that whenever I can get to a computer [currently posting on the Blackberry].

Thanks again to everyone who checked this out and stay tuned for more work!

-NOBLE SCITY-

Review from another website:

http://www.avemcs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13657

"This mixtape's not to be slept on...oh, and no disrespect to Sleeps."- Pennywyze.

Konnichiwa watashi-desu Pennywyze-san. (Hello, I'm Pennywyze)

First and foremost, I'd like to thank everyone who follows my reviews. Your comments are both welcomed and appreciated. Once I get a new mic, I should be doing reviews in audio, which would be different. Now...onto the review of this lengthy and amazing mixtape.

Lengthy it is, spanning a whopping 34 tracks of amazing lyricism and top notch quality production. This one easily chews an hour out and asks for seconds. But don't let the length of it turn you off, because Noble Scity's delivered in such a manner that makes me want to peep the entire mixtape again.

The way this mixtape begins starts in a void of eerie instrumentals and ends in a blast that would leave one wondering how the hell these guys pulled this off. I mean, lyrically speaking, they're on another level altogether. I'd even go as far to say that I haven't heard something like this since Wu-tang.
    Anyone expecting to hear something commercial or something to dance to; look elsewhere. The production is dark and grimey as is the lyricism and the delivery's on point as well.
    I'll be honest though, I'm not too familar with Sleeps audios, although I've seen him around, and this mixtape only makes me want to peep more of him and Noble Scity heads.

I felt that this mixtape took a different direction altogether, and rather than tackle the obvious issues or toss in hype that the semi commercial heads are used to, the Noble Scity mixtape topically ranged in a variable manner. Everything from police brutality, love, sex, drugs, religion, politics, self representation and abstract hype was delivered on this mixtape.
    I for one couldn't get enough of the lyrics in this and soon found that I replayed some songs just to hear how such topics are delivered. Also, the way everyone worked on these tracks were nothing short of amazing. The emcees actually seemed to have chemistry with one another, a nice touch of charisma and variable flow schemes rather than matching flow schemes or the usual.

One emcee had a flow that included extended pauses, while another spit fast and consistent and so on.
    In a way, I couldn't help but get this Underground Wu-tang feeling that drew me in. Infact, if anyone's peeped groups of the past like Blaque Spurm or Wu-tang would probably agree that there's some similarites when it comes to style, and the production of this, while done in a mixtape manner complete with scratching and transitional track to track finishings seemed almost like the "dark Rza sound" I've heard on some of his lesser known Wu-tang albums to date. (I'm not sure what it's called, but it had the song "Rushing elephants" on it)

Still, the way this mixtape's delivered is unheard of in this day and age, and gives hip hop something it hasn't had in a while- "Boom Bap".
    In addition to the excellent lyricism on this mixtape, there's also the instrumentals, and for the most part while I thought the instrumentals were different and tasteful; I also took note that almost all of them were sampled instrumentals.
    Think "9th wonder meets Rza". Indeed, these aren't dance tunes or anything that you'd party to, these instrumentals are dark and better to blaze an L to.

Songs like "One", "Tears" and "Harsh Winds" featured soulful sampling while others such as "Dr Manhattan", "So hard" and "First shot of the night" had that hard sound that screams "old school underground". Still, I will say that some beats were weird in a creepy way.

With all that being said, there's always a negative point or gripe in any album, though in this one, I'd say it's very minor.

I'd have to say that most heads into semi commercial music or into pop sensations like Drake, Lady Gaga or the whole "music I can dance to or bump at a party" would not take kindly to this mixtape at all.
    Noble Scity mixtape is dark and filled with vivid and harsh lyricism that tackles a much more realistic approach to underground hip hop rather than draw a crowd of heads who are more concerned about "how the music sounds" rather than "what they've heard".

This will inevitably be one of those underrated gems to hit the busy summer, and it's almost a crime not to peep this.
    Infact, I'd love to have a record contract for all of these heads, have them sign it and take a gigantic shit on the industry.
    I feel that Sleeps and NSc went in hard on this mixtape and spared us the bullshit. There was no watering down a topic to appeal, there were no blingy sounding beats or commercial lyricism in this whatsoever. In short, this mixtape was nothing short of amazing.

The Good.

Harsh Winds song kicked major ass, nice production, dope prescence, nice chemistry with everyone and charisma as well, dark instrumentals, lengthy mixtape adds longevity. Excellent lyricism.

The Bad.

May not appeal to everyone because of it's dark sound.

Overall.

Listen to this without a shred of doubt. This mixtape will not disappoint you and lyrically speaking, this material was on another level. (lots of Godbody talk)
    Songs like "First shot of the night", "Chest pocket designs", "Harsh Winds" and such were excellent.
    I felt this mixtape contained lots of aspects that are long forgotten and overlooked in today's rap game. Also, the way this mixtape was put together and the overall quality of it coupled with the way everyone flowed on it made me think that these guys have been signed a while now. An amazingly dope effort by Sleeps and Noble Scity.

Score- 9.5/10

Reason- About 3-4 instrumentals I didn't care for too much.

Somehow the fucking link got deleted so here's a stream/download link through bandcamp.

http://noblescity.bandcamp.com/

-NOBLE SCITY-

definately checking this out