Thread: Baseball fan dies trying to catch a ball during game

Default Baseball fan dies trying to catch a ball during game

http://www.star-telegram.com/2011/07...ls-to-his.html

ARLINGTON -- A fan died Thursday night from injuries suffered after falling from the left-field stands at Rangers Ballpark while trying to catch a ball thrown to him by Josh Hamilton.

The Texas Rangers declined to identify the victim. Brownwood City Manager Bobby Roundtree, however, confirmed to the Brownwood News that the victim was Brownwood firefighter Shannon Stone. A fan sitting near the man said that the man was a Brownwood firefighter who was attending the game with his young son.

A news release from the Arlington Fire Department said that the fan went into full cardiac arrest en route to John Peter Smith Hospital, where he was pronounced dead at 8:26 p.m. He fell at 7:33 p.m.

king disguised as beggar. the silencer's Avatar

that is fuckin terrible man....

i feel like I had never heard a story of this happening until recently and now it's happened a bunch of times...

always stare at the ledges when I'm at a game and wonder about it though....some of them are built so damn low that I don't think you necessarily have to be some drunken idiot to topple over one of those

Banned

Lol. I just read an article that said the fan caught the ball. Hahaha. I wonder if he held on to it when he hit the ground. The players in the bullpen said the man was talking and fully alert when the ambulance took him away

'

recently a Rockies fan leaving the stadium slid down a hand rail in the stairwell and fell to his death in front of his little daughter.

it was so narrow of a gap tat he fell in he didnt have any room to turn himself over. he may not have had time if he had room but i think thats what made him land on his head. this is sad. what makes it so bad is his son was right there watching. would u want that ball if u were him?

Platypi on the swarm!! RUSHING PLATYPUS's Avatar

If the man died of cardiac arrest that he suffered in transport to the hospital after being alert and talking, it seems incorrect to me to say he died of injuries from the fall.

BASCO

Quote Originally Posted by Baraka Bombah View Post
    If the man died of cardiac arrest that he suffered in transport to the hospital after being alert and talking, it seems incorrect to me to say he died of injuries from the fall.
    you moron

SHAOLIN STUDENT wutangclan97chamber's Avatar

thats terrible man, right in front of his kid. it was a low railing tho, and the gap shouldve been closed

Platypi on the swarm!! RUSHING PLATYPUS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BASCO View Post
    you moron
    Can I ask you why you called me a moron?

{>____<}

^He's so lucky to be alive! I understand that it is a good thing to catch a game ball but one doesn't have to risk his life in order to do it. Standing up on a slippery metal table that has beer and mustard on it BAREFOOTED! What a dumbass!