Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New Wu Tang Album 2013!!

SHAOLIN STUDENT

I don't know if wu can release a dope album again cuz something has broken. As Rza said when they released "The W" in the beginning he was the only general since 2000 he had to deal with 7 generals who wanted to do their own things. Rza was the main architect of the wu universe but I don't know if Rza is still alive. I do think he is dead and nowadays we deal with Bobby Digi this stupid motherfucker who only thinks about party, bitches and fuck. Robert Diggs wants to be a star in hollywood and I don't believe wu generals respect him as they once did. I don't know if they can resurrect Voltron once again. I consider wu forever as their testimony to the world. The albums they droped after that were good but they lacked something. They lacked the true Rza and Ol Dirty Bastar who can't be replaced. The guy was unique and gave a special spice to the wu alchemy. Anyway we shall see if they can bring back Voltron.

RZA can still bash out weird sounding bangers with ill samples all day, it just depends what direction he chooses for this album.

8 Diagrams i'm conflicted about, theres something dope about the detail put into the production, but it just doesn't sound 'wu' enough.

SHAOLIN STUDENT

When we appreciate classics like "OBCL" or "Enter the wu" we can't be content with shit like "8 diagrams". We want this genius back ! He produced tons of decent work but for me it's not enough. Songs like "Rainy days" or 'C.R.E.AM" are timeless, I don't remember a single beat of "8 diagrams". You know what I mean ? I don't ask him to emulate the same sound but I know he could produce timeless beats if he is entirely focused on hip hop music.

^ Ain't no way to RZA starts making beats like "C.R.E.A.M.". In 90s when rappers were recording their songs they put lyrics and souls into this. Generals don't record shit like they used to do. When you listened to old Wu shit you can hear like they are talking amongst themselves in background -- you don't have it today.

Today rappers put empty 16 bars and nothing more. Maybe if they'd try to do it like they used to do it before it'd be a classic

"I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth" (Rev. 3:15-16)

I have faith in the gods but imo I dont see it happening, Id rather have them take a year to make a really dope album than to rush it.

Threadstarter is a faggit

Banned

rza twitter:

U-god finished his verse "Mistaken Identity" a potential track on the New Wu-Tang Clan album #BetterTomrrow....full speed ahead.

DuncanHine Monument Cakes CEITEDMOFO's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by durag View Post
    threadstarter is a faggit
    this

ILLadelph (but just moved to Ft.Lauderdale)

Quote Originally Posted by MANTIS69 View Post
    I have faith in the gods but imo I dont see it happening, Id rather have them take a year to make a really dope album than to rush it.
    i dont think they will rush it. fuck a date. u know WU is one group that cannot adhere to a date. they're not stupid. they know how important this album is.
    and after all their comments following the 8D mess, i think its clear they are definitely NOT doing this for just a check.
    again, i think the fact that after that gigantic mess, they've all agreed to come together to do this is HUGE!!!!!!!!!
    that is earning a lot of faith from me.

What if the concept for the album is all most every song is like the song A Better Tomorrow?

^lol

A Better Tomorrow is a classic joint so I'd like to hear tracks like that on A Better Tomorrow album

"I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth" (Rev. 3:15-16)

PRODIGAL SUN

Quote Originally Posted by food for thought View Post
    ^lol are you feeling alright?
    Fishcale
    Unloyal Snakes get thrown in boilin Lakes Of Hot Oil

Quote Originally Posted by redz View Post
    I don't post here often but I only post when I have to get something off my chest or a Wu tang album is coming. Wu tang have been showing encouraging signs recently. Killa Sin sounds incredible, Ghost is back on his Supreme Clientele steez and Method Man is promisinng to live up to his potential next time.

A new wu tang album has been promised in 2012. I hopes for this album are high but only if it is done this way:

a) This must be an album which has a similar focus and direction to Wu tang forever which is defintely their best album.

b) As his may be their last; this album must include a selection of killabees and upcoming wu tang artists to continue the legacy.

c)The album must focus on reaching out to artists outside of the hip hop circle (but credible artists). This is important. To do an album which just focuses on wu tang itself would be like doin wu tang forever all over again. I think it is time to take Wu tang blueprint and hip hop to the world!! I want that album to be number one for weeks and they do not have to sell out to do this. They have enough connections in the entertainment world. A good example of this may be Damian Marley.

d)This album should be an epic album on the scale of Thriller !! ( I am not talking about literal copy I mean in terms of its reach and depth). This does not mean that they have to water down their music to do this. Music and hip hop needs epic albums again. Hip hop does not have that anticipation anymore because labels seem to focus on cost efficient albums like Apollo Kids. This may be beneficial to the label but not to the artist or the artform in the long run.

e) The album should hold a message for humanity (its the much famed 2012 next year time for change) as a whole as Rza does via his various Wu Tang Manuals

f) It has to be a double cd. Wu have enough artists for this

A Wu tang album in this vain would be the ideal way to crown the dynasty. I hope I am not setting the bar too high. Your thoughts??

I think A Better Tomorrow is going to meet my expectations!!