Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: The Bible

sounds like the start of a entertaining story

why can't i getto page 3 ?

"See, I will send you the prophet Elijah before that great and dreadful day of the LORD comes.
    He will turn the hearts of the fathers to their children, and the hearts of the children to their fathers; or else I will come and strike the land with a curse."

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by SUNNY WINTERS View Post
    EXAMPLE

7 VERSES AT A TIME - GENESIS 1 1:7

1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.

2 Now the earth was [a] formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.

3 And God said, "Let there be light," and there was light.

4 God saw that the light was good, and He separated the light from the darkness.

5 God called the light "day," and the darkness he called "night." And there was evening, and there was morning—the first day.

6 And God said, "Let there be an expanse between the waters to separate water from water."

7 So God made the expanse and separated the water under the expanse from the water above it. And it was so.

WHAT DO YOU SEE IN THESE SCRIPTURES ?

WHAT IS IT SAYING TO YOU ?
    These verses illustrate several things:

1. God is a constant and endless force that controls all things.
    2. God not only creates things He works on them to make them even better (1:2-1:6)
    3. Lands do not belong to people but to God as He created them (1:6) Therefore national interests should be secondary to doing the right thing.

i think i'm high

keep this thread moving

Realness

Dinosaur Hunter Slippy The Pimp's Avatar

God was stone, he was alone, so he created Earth as his wife.

2 Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.

The Earth wanted to see the stone. Stone created Sun so the Earth could see Stone. Stone transpired into spirit. When stone died he bled water, and became God.

But the light proved to be too hot for the Earth

4 God saw that the light was good, and He separated the light from the darkness.

Earth needed time to cool down.

Veteran Member

charging soldier
    i think i understand
    i see it as heavenly bodies probably planets or asteroids colliding
    and forming earth and the moon

i just need so clarity on something if god is a constant endless force that controls all things themn god controls evil or anything disagreeable

^its a paradoxical situation, God can control evil but doesn't. That would have Him interferring with everyone's free will, which isn't in the terms and conditions of the playing field here on earth.

Support the Real. Click HERE

i think i'm high

^^exactly, only we can decide which path we want to travel down, he lets us know where the paths will take us, so only we can decide. and god does not control evil, he just lets it exist as the balance, since he is fully aware that some will use their freewill to commit evil, so let them burn and satan do his thing to them

Realness

The Smell of The Future LORD NOSE's Avatar

Genesis 1 (New International Version)

Genesis 1

The Beginning

Continued

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...r=1&version=31

8 God called the expanse "sky." And there was evening, and there was morning—the second day.

9 And God said, "Let the water under the sky be gathered to one place, and let dry ground appear." And it was so. 10 God called the dry ground "land," and the gathered waters he called "seas." And God saw that it was good.

11 Then God said, "Let the land produce vegetation: seed-bearing plants and trees on the land that bear fruit with seed in it, according to their various kinds." And it was so.

12 The land produced vegetation: plants bearing seed according to their kinds and trees bearing fruit with seed in it according to their kinds. And God saw that it was good.

13 And there was evening, and there was morning—the third day.

14 And God said, "Let there be lights in the expanse of the sky to separate the day from the night, and let them serve as signs to mark seasons and days and years,

Veteran Member

I'm going to try to revive this thread- let's make it more than 7 verses at a time so it will actually move forward. Maybe a chapter or so.

My commentary on the above is it is just a continuation of the earlier verses.

Veteran Member

Rest of Genesis 1...

15 and let them be lights in the expanse of the sky to give light on the earth." And it was so. 16 God made two great lights—the greater light to govern the day and the lesser light to govern the night. He also made the stars. 17 God set them in the expanse of the sky to give light on the earth, 18 to govern the day and the night, and to separate light from darkness. And God saw that it was good. 19 And there was evening, and there was morning—the fourth day.

20 And God said, "Let the water teem with living creatures, and let birds fly above the earth across the expanse of the sky." 21 So God created the great creatures of the sea and every living and moving thing with which the water teems, according to their kinds, and every winged bird according to its kind. And God saw that it was good. 22 God blessed them and said, "Be fruitful and increase in number and fill the water in the seas, and let the birds increase on the earth." 23 And there was evening, and there was morning—the fifth day.

24 And God said, "Let the land produce living creatures according to their kinds: livestock, creatures that move along the ground, and wild animals, each according to its kind." And it was so. 25 God made the wild animals according to their kinds, the livestock according to their kinds, and all the creatures that move along the ground according to their kinds. And God saw that it was good.

26 Then God said, "Let us make man in our image, in our likeness, and let them rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air, over the livestock, over all the earth, [b] and over all the creatures that move along the ground."

27 So God created man in his own image,
    in the image of God he created him;
    male and female he created them.

28 God blessed them and said to them, "Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it. Rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air and over every living creature that moves on the ground."

29 Then God said, "I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food. 30 And to all the beasts of the earth and all the birds of the air and all the creatures that move on the ground—everything that has the breath of life in it—I give every green plant for food." And it was so.

31 God saw all that he had made, and it was very good. And there was evening, and there was morning—the sixth day.

Veteran Member

Pretty much a continuation; God created everything...

Genesis 1:27 is interesting for 2 reasons. First, man is created in God's image. I interpret it as he has God's attributes. In Sufism, that means the 99 names of God are also the 99 natures of man. In Kabbalah, it is interpreted through the 10 Sefirot. God creates through 10 phases and everything in the universe reflects one of those phases. In man, however, all of those phases exist as man is made in God's image.

The second thing that is interesting in this verse is that God created them male and female. How is this possible? He has not even created a woman yet! This is because before being split Adam was a whole that contained both male and female. In marriage, the male and female elements of Adam are reunited and the married couple becomes one.

Veteran Member

In genesis man was not created, he was made. Let US make man...

Quote Originally Posted by Charging Soldier View Post

God was stone, he was alone, so he created Earth as his wife.

2 Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.

The Earth wanted to see the stone. Stone created Sun so the Earth could see Stone. Stone transpired into spirit. When stone died he bled water, and became God.

But the light proved to be too hot for the Earth

Earth needed time to cool down.

This is what happens when people start to add their own interpretations of what's written. God doesn't speak in riddles. He knows the greater half of us are stupid in one way or another, so He put His Message into the simplest forms for us to understand them. It's all there, black and white, clear as crystal. You try to make a wild guess sound like historic fact and it looks really tacky. I wanna know what the problem is that people seem so afraid of following the Law to the letter and why, generation after generation, people have to come along and twist it to fit what they would like it to be.
    "Die before you die."-Prophet Muhammad (Pbuh)

Veteran Member

the "Law" you speak of wasn't given to everybody, it was given to specific people for specific reasons if you really understand the simple words of god.

Dinosaur Hunter Slippy The Pimp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Urban_Journalz View Post

This is what happens when people start to add their own interpretations of what's written. God doesn't speak in riddles. He knows the greater half of us are stupid in one way or another, so He put His Message into the simplest forms for us to understand them. It's all there, black and white, clear as crystal. You try to make a wild guess sound like historic fact and it looks really tacky. I wanna know what the problem is that people seem so afraid of following the Law to the letter and why, generation after generation, people have to come along and twist it to fit what they would like it to be.
    Ok, Pope Jaun Paul-

I just broke down my interpretation of the bible to fit similar stories in Lakota creation, and in a way, i'm strengthening the credibility that the bible has.

There's no riddles here. Just another way of looking at it. How many people can actually interpret the orginal scriptures that these passages were written on? Let that marinate for minute UJ. peace.