Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: The Weeknd

Is it just me, or is check two the most consistently boring and irritating poster on here?

I quite like how the weeknd sounds screwed: http://www.mediafire.com/?1k2rudm02fwf4s6

Quote Originally Posted by bateman. View Post
    Is it just me, or is check two the most consistently boring and irritating poster on here?
    lol 1% of man, you have a fetish for 300 pound chicks too like buckshot or something? My post had nothing to do with you, so mind your own business.

The Zone a sick track. The Birds 1 & 2 as well. He needs a faster paced track now that's a banger in the club and he will blow up.
    Break fast is served

Quote Originally Posted by check two View Post
    lol 1% of man, you have a fetish for 300 pound chicks too like buckshot or something? My post had nothing to do with you, so mind your own business.

yeah yeah, go post:

a) a rant about technology

b) an "hilarious" news article

or

c) an internet meme.

but don't post in here. Mind your business instead of humourlessly trolling some chubby chaser wigger.

Wicked Games grew the fuck on me eloels..now..ill listen to Thursday

yeah yeah, go post:

a) a rant about technology

b) an "hilarious" news article

or

c) an internet meme.

but don't post in here. Mind your business instead of humourlessly trolling some chubby chaser wigger.
    http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/sho...postcount=1282

Its as good as 'Balloons'

"Lonely Star" 5:49

Great album intro, all the detail that you expect in the production, typical hedonism horror.

"Life of the Party" 4:57

Fucking crazy, eclectic production with a killer riff. Could be a massive hit if it wasn't a song about a gangbang.

"Thursday" 5:20

More 'Balloons' sounding than the rest of the album, subtle but beautiful, shimmering shit.

"The Zone" (featuring Drake) 6:58

I love all the minor keys and low low bass on this, just a great make out song too.

"The Birds Part One" 3:34

Classy little pop song.

"The Birds Part Two" 5:51

Song of the year?

"Gone" 8:06

More substance abuse

"Rolling Stone" 3:51

Nice low key track, showcasing his vocals

"Heaven or Las Vegas" 5:57

Knew he wasn't gonna close the album with anything upbeat, haha.

I think he made a great album here, I might even prefer it to 'House Of Balloons' at this point.

Yo "Gone" will absolutely have you attempting to fuck your girl raw....

Thursday is fire...although it has made me go back and bump House of Balloons a lot again....but Thursday is its own tape and on its own it's incredible
    "We accept tires" - Cappadonna

After listening to this a few more times, i can't fucking stand it. The remixed versions that i've heard of all the tracks have been much better than the originals. Can't fucking stand his voice and some of the corny shit he babbles on about.

I guess it's because i don't really get into rnb unless the beats are exceptionally good.

His voice on this annoys the shit out of me, he needs to stop fucking around with it unless he is going to completely distort it or alter the speed.

The most interesting thing about the resurgence of rnb this year is how well some electronic music producers have interpolated vocals within 2step and house beats.

The Weeknd makes average rnb with some above average lyrics sometimes, which is cool, but i personally don't make a habit of bothering to listening to average rnb.

ha, whatever you reckon, i was more saying that the weeknd is just another pretty boring take on rnb. The Dream released a better free album this year, which wasn't even that great, but at least he can sing. Same with Frank Ocean.

My point was, that as someone who's not that into rnb unless it's over great beats or the vocals are altered, i have no reason to bother with the weeknd's mediocre fare. I still listen to Glass Tables every now and then because the second beat is great, but the majority of his tracks either bore me or annoy me.

hold up......The-Dream can sing? This is news to me.

1977 was fire, and I've always liked The-Dream but he really can't sing haha. He's like one step above the Biggavel in the ability-to-sing department.

and Thursday was almost responsible for me planting the seed. Never tried to fuck raw until Thursday was on then suddenly I'm on that "Oh I didn't realize I was that close" game....smh....both Weeknd tapes are fire and so is the new OVOXO tape
    "We accept tires" - Cappadonna

ha, whatever you reckon, i was more saying that the weeknd is just another pretty boring take on rnb. The Dream released a better free album this year, which wasn't even that great, but at least he can sing. Same with Frank Ocean.

My point was, that as someone who's not that into rnb unless it's over great beats or the vocals are altered, i have no reason to bother with the weeknd's mediocre fare. I still listen to Glass Tables every now and then because the second beat is great, but the majority of his tracks either bore me or annoy me.
    Well I mean obviously its your opinion, but the last thing I would call him is boring. I like his voice, but I know what you mean, when I don't like an artists voice it make it very difficult to listen to them, even when all the other elements are great.

Franks tape is dope but I don't think its on the same level. The Dream uses auto-tune right?