Thread: "Truth" Alexander Ebert feat. Rza (remix)

Banned

Default "Truth" Alexander Ebert feat. Rza (remix)

http://soundcloud.com/vagrantrecords...he-rza/s-W9FNe

Given the minimal press it received, it wouldn't be terribly surprising if most folks missed out on Alexander Ebert's solo debut, Alexander, when it dropped this past March. But apparently Ebert -- aka the frontman of Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros -- is looking to continue pushing the project. And he's done so by rallying the Wu-Tang Clan's RZA for a remix of previous single "Truth" that works far better than you possibly could have imagined. A big reason for that is RZA's subdued delivery, which drifts across the pseudo boom-bap instrumentation with a spoken word-esque nonchalance. Maybe spitting guest verses on indie rock burners will become a new career path for Bobby Digital.

this is f@#$kin sick my dude , Can we get an mp3 of this!
    SONS ARE BORN AND GUNS ARE DRAWN, CLIPS ARE FULLY LOADED AND THEN BLOOD FLOODS THE LAWN............

nice find Art

this shits the troof. Rza is that dude for real, a little too out there for some cats but thats cool he right in my zone.
    Impermanence on this plane of reality/where criminality, brutality freely dwell/ Truth is a casualty in this hell/ Karma reins with divine causality, then its swell--StrangeLoveSurreal

i haven't had the time to listen yet but if i got this right, is this a RZA remix or is it a remix by someone else in the sense that it features a RZA verse?

thx for quick replay

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

yes there is a RZA verse

And I'ma remain in the scene and reign supreme and go to many extremes by any means

so that means he didn't do the beat?

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

Nice one Pattch82 for the MP3.

really nice track - not 'typical' Wu but smooth

PRODIGAL SUN

lmfaooooo this shit is dope. ima flip this sample and send it to rza
    CHAMBERMUSIK RECORDS/ CHAMBERMUSIK SPECIAL PRODUCTS DOES NOT ENDORSE ANYTHING SAID OR WRITTEN BY THIS MESSAGE BOARD USER NAME!!!

"Sign Of The Times" coming soon

As an aside - that is 2 RZA verses this week I'm really feeling. Fresh from the Morgue is brilliant but I like his verse here too.