1 2.08%
  • 1 Star Wack

1 2.08%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Legendary Weapons

its not about your opinion on the music
    everybody has one and none is less valid than another
    its about how you write a review
    enumerating "mistakes" and distributing points... none of this is factual yet you write it the same way i correct my students dissertations
    music is about what you feel. a music writer works best when he describes what he feels when listening to an album, i dont know, let your mind flow and elaborate, look for the story thats been told through the sequencing of the tracks, the overall sound of the beats, the lyrics.... dont be so narrow minded and look for positive or negative points like a judge, taking it for facts.
    writing about music should not be like dissecting a dead animal, thats why i dislike this review, theres no heart in it.

STREET CORNER, by MANO

That wasn't the point I was making at all. What you don't seem to understand, is that I try to encapsulate the overall vibe of the fans, I listen to their complaints and take that into account when writing my review. I could sugarcoat it, and tell how sweet and happy that makes me feel, but that wouldn't be exactly analytical, would it? Every single other person who does reviews on this site, goes on ad nauseum about their feelings. That's what makes me different. I strive to give facts about the album, and the overall mood of the fans. It is what it is.

That said, you coming in here and judging me and not the album itself is a complete waste of time and energy on your part. My review isn't what's important, the music is. And not only did you give no explanation as to why you thought my review sucked, you didn't say a single word about the album.

^^^You write that mess and claim to correct "your" students dissertations? Ok. Now it's clear who I'm dealing with.

but that wouldn't be exactly analytical, would it?
    yeah that was my point, it AINT supposed to be analytical

That said, you coming in here and judging me and not the album itself is a complete waste of time and energy on your part
    yeah thats true, i shouldnt have bothered

i cant speak about the album since i have yet to listen to it front to back. i came in this thread looking for a global summary of what to expect from it, and thats not what i got, period. anyway nothing personal, thats usually the case with most hiphop reviews i read here and there, subpar stuff which is not moving me towards buying an album or not.
    to me writing about art should be an art itself, guess im too demanding

^^^You write that mess and claim to correct "your" students dissertations? Ok. Now it's clear who I'm dealing with.
    english is not even my native language and im not here to display some pedantic writing

STREET CORNER, by MANO

Let me tell you something, "expressing feelings" is why the rest of the world hates the French, so on behalf of the the 6 billion of us, go fuck yourself Frog...nothing personal of course.

The best reviews for me are somewhere between an overly analytical and technical approach and one that takes into account the reviewer's individual emotional response to the work...whether it's films, music, whatever...ultimately, your enjoyment art is about how you respond to it emotionally. there are bands that I know are technically good and skilled as far as arrangments and time signatures and shit, but I don't "feel them", so they suck to me.

That's why some of the best reviewers will use an anecdote or something at the beggining of the review explicating their relationship with the material (or their perception band or its history) so that you have an idea of their biases. Then they give a detailed analysis within that framework, so that the reader can make a judgment.
    Last edited by Dr. Simon Hurt; 07-25-2011 at 08:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by beautifulrock View Post
    Let me tell you something, "expressing feelings" is why the rest of the world hates the French, so on behalf of the the 6 billion of us, go fuck yourself Frog...nothing personal of course.
    oh yeah
    who cosigns this?

STREET CORNER, by MANO

I fuckin' love this album!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 4.5/5 for me. Never Feel This Pain is my favourite and 1 of the greatest songs of this year, period. I'm havin' goose-bumps first time since a long time listenin' to new Wu music again <------ the greatest recommendation and hightened expectations for future Wu albums. SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! u pussys

Am i trippin' or do i hear a replayed version of the "Riders On The Storm" by The Doors melody in "Never Feel This Pain"?

felt the production was lacking

Quote Originally Posted by Mista JpKoff View Post
    yeah that was my point, it AINT supposed to be analytical
    a music review? Not posed to be analytical?! Why even bother writing a review then? Just smoke some crack and jump around in the air like a 5 year old instead.

Actually a decent review Brock.

PRODIGAL SUN

let me tell you something, "expressing feelings" is why the rest of the world hates the french, so on behalf of the the 6 billion of us, go fuck yourself frog...nothing personal of course.
    lol

haha...
    i feel like america hates every other country in the world...
    the most arrogant country in the world...
    but now...
    they are broke...
    and in a few years they come across the atlanitic ocean on theirs knees and beg (europe) for some money...

i heard on the radio, that some states claim $20 admission to get in jail...

ridicolous...

dont get me wrong...
    i dont hate america...
    but i hate to be hated...

btw... i read the review...
    its nice...
    but i didnt list to the album yet...
    its not out in europe... (aug.5th) and i dont dl illegal shit...

been listening to it in the car from beg. to end lately and its def. a good album. nowhere near a classic but i appreciate wu and their a-alikes still puttting out real hip hop music in the days where hop has turned to pop.

sean price stands out for me with his 'mad' flow. it was ill to see and hear killa sin on a track by himself, def. deserved it as he just came home. never was really a trife fan but his contribution was enuff to not have the product tip over.

im rarely dissapointed in ghost and his verses once again delivered. rza was on point too specially lyrically. was feelin deck & uey's joint it was a nice surprise to hear deck get on for a 2nd verse.

those are my thoughts after about 3 plays straight thru of course shit can change in the [near] future.

i voted = banga

PRODIGAL SUN

I'd rate it the same as shaolin vs wutang, couldve used more meth although