Thread: Rock the Bells founder Chang Weisberg talks Masta Killa & Killah Priest performing

Banned

Default Rock the Bells founder Chang Weisberg talks Masta Killa & Killah Priest performing

How tough is it to find suitable albums, or artists? Someone like Large Professor is a legend, but he doesn’t have a single album you could have him perform.

Exactly. Take Masta Killah’s “No Said Date” — it’s not the biggest-selling record of all time. You’ve really got to be a kind of hip-hop snob to have that record, but if you have that record, a lot of people will say “that was the best Wu-Tang record since Triumph.” So I asked Masta Killah if he would do it, and he was all pumped up; he was like, “I never even toured with that record.” So I was like, “give it a shot.” I’m not saying that it’s a classic record to the masses out there that would like a “Miseducation” or an “Illmatic,” but from the spirit of what Rock the Bells is about, having that opportunity to have Masta Killah do “No Said Date” or Killah Priest do “Heavy Mental?” That’s great. No one’s going to recognize those songs, but it’s going to be awesome for those [fans], and I’m hoping people are going to discover that kind of music, because it’s really worth checking out. We call it the hip-hop buffet there. I mean, Doom? Doom and Immortal Technique are just as big of headliners at that Paid Dues stage as having Common do “Be” or Erykah doing “Baduism.” And the whole question is, is Doom going to show up? Historically he has not, but I’ll tell you – we’re very deep on getting all of the paperwork that’s required to bring him from London to here. So I’m feeling pretty good about pulling it off, but that’s the biggest subplot for me, to make sure the real Doom gets on stage.

Awesome shit.

I wonder if Masta going to get guest appearances from other clan members? If so I hope UGod doesnt come along just for that.

Good stuff though. Heavy Mental and NSD would be wicked

DuncanHine Monument Cakes CEITEDMOFO's Avatar

ROfL @ A FAKE MF DOOM

king disguised as beggar. the silencer's Avatar

great post

No Said Date and Heavy Mental being performed on the tour sounds dope

whys he comparing No Said Date to Triumph ? lol..

"Hit Hard" lololololol