• 4: Banger

2 33.33%
  • 3: Good

1 16.67%
  • 2: Boring

0 0%
  • 1: Wack

0 0%

Thread: Beatnuts, The - "Street Level" (1994)

Default Beatnuts, The - "Street Level" (1994)

01. "Intro"
    02. "Ya Don't Stop (Dedication to Sub-Roc)"
    03. "Props Over Here"
    04. "Hellraiser"
    05. "Are You Ready?" (Ft. Grand Puba)
    06. "Superbad"
    07. "Straight Jacket"
    08. "Left Off A Couple"
    09. "Rik's Joint" (Ft. Miss Jones)
    10. "Fried Chicken"
    11. "Yeah, You Get Props"
    12. "Get Funky"
    13. "Hit Me With That"
    14. "2-3 Break"
    15. "Lick The Pussy"
    16. "Sandwiches" (Ft. V.I.C.)
    17. "Psycho Dwarf"

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

suprised there wasn't already a thread on this one, one of my latest vinyl purchases and man have i been sleeping. classic east coast hip-hop at it's finest, production wise this is up there with all the other NY masterpieces from the early to mid-'90s. lyrics isn't that special but don't bring down the project either, the beats are enough to carry this through.

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

Album is called 'The Beatnuts'. One of my favorite albums of all time, where the fuck are these guys now?

i don't know, they barely seem to make any new beats, i haven't heard much from them since 2004 or whenever they dropped "Milk Me". i wasn't a big fan of that LP though, there was some bangers but nothing too special imo. i heard Psycho LES has a solo album out called "Therapy"? anyone heard it?

perfect summer album! voted 5

Wu Vatican

i wish these dudes had more beats on major artists' albums. their lyrics are shit but the beats always slam. and they'd be the first to say so.

^ they are not someone i would care to listen too when rapping on other peoples albums or beats, but like i said, unlike many rappers that ain't all that, they doesn't fuck anything up with their rhymes. but you do of course hear a biiig difference when Grand Puba, AG or Big Punisher or whoever appears on one of their albums.

after this and "Intoxicated Demons" + "Milk Me", which are the best Beatnuts albums? i have heard various tracks from all the others but never got around to picking them up.

i recently noticed that JuJu and The Mighty V.I.C. both produced on that Gab Gotcha album that was released on Wu Music Group. because it was dissapointing to me that it didn't have any RZA and Wu features i didn't care to listen to it. worth checking or what?

Quote Originally Posted by claaa7 View Post
    after this and "Intoxicated Demons" + "Milk Me", which are the best Beatnuts albums? i have heard various tracks from all the others but never got around to picking them up.
    Stone Crazy has always been my favorite Beatnuts album along with Remix EP: The Spot. I actually swapped the Wu Syndicate album for The Spot with some dude back in the day

Quote Originally Posted by MaskedAvenger View Post
    Stone Crazy has always been my favorite Beatnuts album
    co-sign this shit to the fullest!!
    that albums always been dope as fuck to me. its got that dusty 70's rock mixed with soul vibe. plus big pun let the world know he was a fuckin problem on "off the books".

makes me wanna dig that cd out and spin it again, for real.

the beatnuts are one of those groups that steady put out dope shit, but never really get the props they deserve.
    they're kinda like the east coast cypress hill.

"A Musical Massacre" is a dope album too.

psycho les' solo album had some dope ass beats on it. but its been a while since i heard it..

the rumor is that they are making a e.p. with the alkaholiks called "lik-nuts".
    "Fuck Wu Tang Corp" - The GZA/Genius

https://soundcloud.com/gptent/tito-lo-blak-hell

yeah psycho les solo has some genuine Nuts on it. along with some lesser stuff but still enjoyable
    if you love the nuts sound then this

will make you wanna check the album.

and my favorite nuts album is probably take it or squeeze it, but i rate all their albums highly... except for Milk Me which was kind of a letdown.

STREET CORNER, by MANO

I think they're good rappers. They make party songs and wild out songs mostly, and they make great music based off that formula.

If they used the same skills to rap political, or they had wack beats then they would suck. But viewing one of their songs as a piece of music, eg Do you enjoy listening to it, they hit the mark every time.

Actually a good analogy is like Tom Cruise. Tom is not a gifted actor, hes barely even an actor but he has charisma. The Beatnuts have this, I hear them - They have my attention, they make me laugh, catchy rhymes etc. They don't have to be as good as Nas as a rapper because most of the time its more fun to listen to a Beatnuts album than it is to listen to a super serious Nas album full of wack beats.

Beatnuts are all about great vibe and swinging beats. Their lyrics are maybe simple it makes you enjoy the vibe even more.

one of my favorite albums by them. i'm kicking myself for missing them when they were in town.

So many bodies on my microphone the shit's haunted