Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ceited pissed at Tyler's award

Terry Cloth Rudolph Joint Sky Blue Bally Kid's Avatar

When I'm writing in my room

It's like a child that's fighting in the womb

- KP -

ceited is pissed at lower case letters rofl what else is new

Its lame how these gays can't find something better to do with their lives than trying to stifle creativity.

When I read shit like this it makes me wanna say faggot in every sentence, and i'm not homophobic, neither is Tyler.

This shit doesn't worry me cos freedom of speech will always win, but its sad that these people apparently ain't smart enough to fight misogyny and homophobia in a way that actually makes sense.

DuncanHine Monument Cakes CEITEDMOFO's Avatar

U KNOW WHATS GAYER THAN TYLER

TYLERS FANs

BRUNO MARS GULLYNESS

>>> ODD FUTURE FAGS

'

Quote Originally Posted by Sosa View Post
    Its lame how these gays can't find something better to do with their lives than trying to stifle creativity.

When I read shit like this it makes me wanna say faggot in every sentence, and i'm not homophobic, neither is Tyler.

This shit doesn't worry me cos freedom of speech will always win, but its sad that these people apparently ain't smart enough to fight misogyny and homophobia in a way that actually makes sense.
    HAha you fag

If a neo nazi group was getting handed an award by MTV for their prolific use of the word 'nigger' .....all you wu dorkians would be in an uproar

Would probably even form a group like GLAAD. Could even call it UMAAD?

'

ROFILL @ sosa's comments for that article

qukid:
    i'm gay (yeah i said it) and i think tyler the creator's the shit. his music and LYRICS kick ass are funny and entertaining and he totally deserves the award. GLAAD doesn't respect art or free speech and GLAAD definitely does NOT represent me. don't think all homosexuals are like this, people. we dont all have lisps and wear tight jeans either.

Posted2 days ago | Reply »

qukid:
    and btw, i'm reading that many of you think people in the gay rights movement think ALL gays equate gay rights to black civil rights... hELLL no, i don't. black rights to me will ALWAYS be more important, and i'm not even black. there's a MAJOR difference between my right to ram my dick in someone's ass and your right to vote or drink out of the same fountain I can.
    http://www.youtube.com/qukidalcabez

SHAKA ZULU BOBO SHANTI NYABINGHI MAN A MAU MAU WARRIOR

lol @ "stifle creativity"

why? cause he cant say faggot?

thats stupid.

the gays gripes with this make sense imo
    We do it for the people.

All I'm saying is why get mad about it? Maybe if I was gay I'd feel differently but I basically think any sort of racial or social slur is only offensive depending on the context, so a bunch of gays protesting a self proclaimed 'ignorant hoodrat' for using the word faggot for entertainment value (he does the same thing thing with the word fuck) is futile and nonsensical.

Same thing in principal as people hating V-Nasty, its their own bullshit baggage they bring into it.

Basically I don't think you should be offended by art, of course its impossible to please everyones sensibilities. And theres a fine line with political correctness, you just have to hope that an audience will make the right choice. But its like if I protest a Dane Cook show because hes filling his audiences heads with meaningless bullshit and isn't funny its not gonna make any of his fans not like him.

'

I don't believe political correctness belongs in art, nor should it ever influence/drive it. Tyler may have the talent to rhyme but he's still a simpleton at the end of the day for believing words have no meaning + wont resonate with people. Or maybe he's just a nihilist who's too stupid to know what a nihilist is?

He often comes off as a naive, fresh-out-of-high-school type of 'kid' with testerone levels that are through the roof, thus clouding his judgement and ability to construct a well thought out retort in the event where his head gets put on the chopping block --by the gays.

As far as defining or understanding what art is? I don't know.. matter expressing intelligence or vice versa? That could be an endless discussion.

Maybe watch The Color of Pomegranates , and see if that helps?

That looks like an interesting film. Its one of those topics that fascinates me, because I think often the best art is the stuff thats the most truthful but then theres irony and surrealism, fantastical elements that you can put in art and it still seems right out of real life.

I guess my view when it comes to the stuff that I write is that it should just be viewed as an expression but I obviously hope that anyone that hears it/sees it connects with the reality in it.

Theres a Tyler clip where he says something like 'I love women, of course I don't believe that shit, its a character' and cites the fact that someone like QT never gets shitted on for putting moralless characters and violence in his art.

Bottom line, I think if you get offended by violence in a Tarantino flick, Misogny on an Eminem record, misanthropy in a Chuck Palahniuk novel, nudity in a Francis Bacon painting, I never want to talk to you because you're a moron.

Banned

I know people use this excuse a lot, including Tyler the Creator, but the fact is, "faggot" doesn't necessarily mean gay people. most people who use it just mean a person who's fucking stupid. when I use it, I don't think I even think about gay people. it means you're either, stupid, a retard, or soft as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by CEITEDMOFO View Post
    U KNOW WHATS GAYER THAN TYLER

TYLERS FANs

BRUNO MARS GULLYNESS

>>> ODD FUTURE FAGS
    dude the fuck is wrong with you Bruno Mars is sick..

how the fuck can you listen to lil b the say Bruno is gay
    went to the woods, spent time alone, meditated under a waterfall climb to the highest peak of the mountain; now I'm back, enlightened, fully trained, to be the greatest Jackass the Corp has ever seen. all hail Me, you fucking Skruds.

'

Quote Originally Posted by theheavens View Post
    I know people use this excuse a lot, including Tyler the Creator, but the fact is, "faggot" doesn't necessarily mean gay people. most people who use it just mean a person who's fucking stupid. when I use it, I don't think I even think about gay people. it means you're either, stupid, a retard, or soft as hell.
    haha

white rap artists have attempted to use this same defense mechanism for a while now, but nothing has stopped the scrutiny or outrage from the black community when these artist use 'nigga'.

Just because a word has taken on a new meaning with the youth, doesn't necessarily mean everyone is on the same page.

It seems like most people in the US subscribe to deontological ethics with a dash of moral absolutism. If that's how the majority wants to live, then Tyler and other artists shouldn't be surprised of any backlash they receive.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie Sinclair View Post
    haha

white rap artists have attempted to use this same defense mechanism for a while now, but nothing has stopped the scrutiny or outrage from the black community when these artist use 'nigga'.

Just because a word has taken on a new meaning with the youth, doesn't necessarily mean everyone is on the same page.

It seems like most people in the US subscribe to deontological ethics with a dash of moral absolutism. If that's how the majority wants to live, then Tyler and other artists shouldn't be surprised of any backlash they receive.
    the word "nigga" hasn't really changed much. it means the same thing whether a white or black person says it

DuncanHine Monument Cakes CEITEDMOFO's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dokuro View Post
    dude the fuck is wrong with you Bruno Mars is sick..

how the fuck can you listen to lil b the say Bruno is gay
    I DONT KNO WHERE U READ THAT I EVER CALLED HIM GAY

READ MY POST AGAiN