• Average

4 18.18%
  • Mediocore

6 27.27%
  • Wack

6 27.27%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cappadonna-The Yin And The Yang

i was ripping the track with Timbo King for a compilation i am putting together and started going through the album for the first time in years. i can probably count on one hand the times i've listened through this album but it's actually better than i remember..

Cappadonna comes with ill energy and some stupendous verses, Cappa stylee. let's not act like it's some masterpiece, but "Love is the Message" is an incredible joint for real. Goldfinghaz murdered that beat, all the elements come together beautiful, just listen to the rhythm scratches and the strings. and then Rae and Cappa tag teaming that shit with crazy energy... that song alone is worth the price of the admission imo.

"Super Model" is another very strong track, again Ghostface and Cappa over a True Master banger - hard to go wrong with that combination. "The Grits" is a solid introduction and "Bread Of Life" is a hard track... matter of fact, beside that Jermaine Dupri bullshit and Jamie ******* track the guest verses are all solid on this, and i like Cappa's performance so lyrically this is actually a good album. some of the beats are rather flat though.

i fucking LOVE the lost songs though - "Why It Gotta Be This?" and "Real Niggaz" that appeared on the first promo run of the album. i always heard that RZA produced those tracks and that he pulled it off the album when they fell out... however doing some detective work on Discogs it looks like Hasaan a.k.a. Phantom Of The Beat actually produced both those songs (UMC member, producer of "Apollo Kids" and lots of other dope tracks for Ghost and Deck). it's really hard to read but doesn't it look like it says Produced by Hassan for Phantom of the Beat and written by D. Hill and C. Evans in the pictures if you enlarge them here - https://www.discogs.com/Cappadonna-T...elease/1647073

i also read that the song "Girlfriend" by Remedy and Cappadonna was originally meant for "The Yin & The Yang". anyone know about this?

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

damn this is sick

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

never listened to Remedy's albums but this is nice.. fat beat

(not sure if this was recorded after "The Yin & The Yang" was released.. i remember it leaking around early 2002)

01. "Why It Gotta Be This?"
    02. "The Grits" (Ft. Agallah)
    03. "Supermodel" (Ft. Ghostface Killah)
    04. "The Odd Couple" (Ft. Ghostface Killah)
    05. "Star Wars"
    06. "Bread of Life" (Ft. Killah Priest)
    07. "Love is the Message"
    08. "Got 2 Find A Way"
    09. "Girlfriend" (Ft. Remedy)
    10. "Real Niggaz"
    11. "Revenge" (Ft. Timbo King)
    12. "One Way 2 Zion" (Ft. Culture)
    13. "Save The Children" (Ft. Culture)

^ i can dig an album like that
    Last edited by claaa7; 09-26-2016 at 04:59 PM.

Power put wrong songs on there, There should have been Odd couple and the joint with remedy in place of POP singers colabs.
    "Zawissius Niger" Polish knight.