Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Boardwalk Empire

Banned

Default Boardwalk Empire

This show is great. Just watched the entire first season and im downloading last weeks first episode.

Great acting, titties galore and the costume are sweet. I love Prohibition era shows. The writing and slang is great too.

yea I really dig this show,im a sucker for old school setting bootleggint themed shows

got the first season on my external hard drive. i gotta catch up on breaking bad and finish mad men before i can sit down and watch this.

So many bodies on my microphone the shit's haunted

i finished the 1st season last week, and have watched all of this season so far. top notch. buscemi is finally getting his due IMO. great insight to the era.

good show agree with with u about buscemi....but dude can fit in any role thats y i like him good actor

yea dude is an awesome actor

Banned

interesting era...I like how they fit in the world war 1 vets too because in the U.S. they really ignore world war 1 and its effects pretty much routinely.

The creator of the show was one of the head writers of The Sopranos. I knew this would be great. And Buscemi is dope in everything he does, so finally getting a lead role in something like this is well deserved.

The best thing as with The Sopranos is the character development. Its a little more subtle though and you have to closer attention to it cos the plot is a little labyrinthian.

HBO, man. They put other TV channels to shame.

awesome fucking show. 2nd season starts off nicely. jimmy's moms is so hot...lol

Quote Originally Posted by Sosa View Post
    The creator of the show was one of the head writers of The Sopranos. I knew this would be great. And Buscemi is dope in everything he does, so finally getting a lead role in something like this is well deserved.

The best thing as with The Sopranos is the character development. Its a little more subtle though and you have to closer attention to it cos the plot is a little labyrinthian.

HBO, man. They put other TV channels to shame.
    Not everything. I saw a Rob Schneider movie recently where Buscemi was outshined.

^^ LOL.. which one was that ? Grown Ups ? haha

No, Grown Ups sucked. It was called the Chosen One. And well, just about any movie that Buscemi would be in with Schneider.. he would be outshined in terms of comedy.

Quote Originally Posted by check two View Post
    No, Grown Ups sucked. It was called the Chosen One. And well, just about any movie that Buscemi would be in with Schneider.. he would be outshined in terms of comedy.
    LOL.. thats an interesting observation because Schneider is known as a comedian, SNL alumni, Bigelow flicks, Sander joints etc. on the other hand Buscemi's catalog is very versataile, def. not known to the public as a comedic actor, he takes on various roles and sometimes they happen to be a characters not to be taken seriously.

i personally think buscemi's comedic timing is spot on. def. can hang with actors that only do comedies. hes interesting cuz you would see him on a happy madison joint one day and plays tony soprano's cousin the next day while directing qualities flicks at the same time.

That's true, but typecast actors like Sandler can take on a more serious subject matter, such as in the solid movie Reign over Me and Click. Also, in the Chosen One, it's not a typical Schneider comedy. He actually plays a more dramatic character, and he does it well.

Quote Originally Posted by check two View Post
    That's true, but typecast actors like Sandler can take on a more serious subject matter, such as in the solid movie Reign over Me and Click. Also, in the Chosen One, it's not a typical Schneider comedy. He actually plays a more dramatic character, and he does it well.
    oh def. Sandler can carry out a dramatic role.. Reign Over Me is a great movie, deep subject and role and i thought he was thoroughly convincing. Cheadle did his thing as well. I'll def check out Chosen One, im a Schneider fan myself..lol