Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Boardwalk Empire

Sleepyheaded Nonsense Dr Sleepwalker's Avatar

great show so far.

i 2nd the dude that says Jimmys moms mad hot. A+ MILF status

Quote Originally Posted by check two View Post
    Not everything. I saw a Rob Schneider movie recently where Buscemi was outshined.
    By Rob Schneider? lol that guy is a walking anus

Quote Originally Posted by tekunique View Post
    LOL.. thats an interesting observation because Schneider is known as a comedian, SNL alumni, Bigelow flicks, Sander joints etc. on the other hand Buscemi's catalog is very versataile, def. not known to the public as a comedic actor, he takes on various roles and sometimes they happen to be a characters not to be taken seriously.

i personally think buscemi's comedic timing is spot on. def. can hang with actors that only do comedies. hes interesting cuz you would see him on a happy madison joint one day and plays tony soprano's cousin the next day while directing qualities flicks at the same time.
    Interesting cos Buscemi started out as a comic and by all accounts was not good at it, so he turned to acting. He was doing nightclubs in NY the same time as Larry David and (barf) Paul Reiser. I think you can still see he has a great comedy sensibility though, in fact hes pretty hilarious in a lot of shit that isn't comedy per se: Reservoir Dogs, Barton Fink, even Boardwalk. And hes done a lot of comedies over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by Sosa View Post
    By Rob Schneider? lol that guy is a walking anus

Interesting cos Buscemi started out as a comic and by all accounts was not good at it, so he turned to acting. He was doing nightclubs in NY the same time as Larry David and (barf) Paul Reiser. I think you can still see he has a great comedy sensibility though, in fact hes pretty hilarious in a lot of shit that isn't comedy per se: Reservoir Dogs, Barton Fink, even Boardwalk. And hes done a lot of comedies over the years.
    oh yea def. i pointed out in my post that buscemi has great comedic timing and is able to hold his own with other actors that are known to the world as comedians. i didnt research his roots but i had a feeling he started out doing comedy, its more dope that he was doing stand up. i have the utmost respect for stand up comics.

Banned

Dude, you guys are SLEEPING on this show.

This season finale was unbelievable.

They need to get these seasons on dvd real quick.

I cannot believe 1 is not out yet?

gotta agree about Rob scneider tho..he is really a walking anus

i HATE nucky thompson now

just finished the 2nd season.... whaaaaaat....... crazy.....

sad isn't it ...could not beleve what happened at the end

Quote Originally Posted by 100pr00f View Post
    sad isn't it ...could not beleve what happened at the end
    yeah i know.... he was a really likeable character... wonder how the writers will approach season 3... nucky is fucking evil...lol

3 Piece & A Biscuit Crown Fried Patron's Avatar

They better pull a spring chicken out of their asses after that 2nd season.

PRODIGAL SUN

What's your thoughts on the 3rd season so far? Character development is pretty slow in this series so far. For some reason, I thought this series was only suppose to be 3 seasons?

I always thought Al Capone was going to have more of a role of an enforcer and be more of a lose cannon, but he's only had about 3-4 scenes of violence in the last 3 seasons.

I also thought Richard Harrow would avenge Jimmy Darmody death more in secrecy and from afar, especially after taken out Manny Horvitz and doing more sniper work in the 1st season. I wish he would of taken out Mickey Doyle instead of a rather lack luster development. When the time comes, they better take him out good, since Jimmy already through him off the 2nd floor.

They really haven't touched on Jimmy's death much, until the last episode. Not sure if we will hear too much more from it, or if the writers just wanted to show the series through his eyes for the first two seasons and not make him much of a major player (since he a fictional character and not worry about historical inaccuracy). I guess he helped touch on a lot of subjects back then with the war, prostitution, liquor, and gambling.

Was that one of Lucky Lucieno/Meyer Lansky's man (that almost got taken out 2 episodes ago on the sidewalk) that was trying to kill Gyp Rosetti? I missed if we've seen that character already. I imagine Arnold Rothstein called the hit but it seemed rather sloppy, so maybe Nucky went to the Murder Inc. crew about it.

After every episode, I feel let down like there should be more action, but then I can't wait until next weeks. I guess that's what makes a good series.
    Last edited by madchild; 10-17-2012 at 11:56 AM.

Banned

this season has been kind of shit, but last night's episode got real

PRODIGAL SUN

Going to be a lot of people dying soon. Some people are sleeping on this show.

this show just gets iller..

PRODIGAL SUN

It's definitely a slow burn show, and not in a shame on a nigga gonorrhea-style. Are you all caught up in the episodes?

At the end of Season 3, I thought Season 4 was going to be a blood bath, but you need patience with this show. I can't find the thread I read on IMDB, but the body count in Season 3 far exceeds the other seasons combined. Definitely hooked on the series and I think I'm glad I chose to watch this show instead of Breaking Bad. The real life pieces and storyline is intriguing.
    Last edited by madchild; 01-06-2014 at 04:14 PM.