Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Boardwalk Empire

^^ it's the only tv series I watch, I love the atmosphere of '30, and nucky's character is fuckin dope. I got a lot of friends who think it's boring but still, body bags don't make a tv series/movie good that's what i think

the one person who would think this show is boring is clearly someone into senseless bang bang shoot em up films with no themes and has not apreciation for well written scripts and intricate charecter development. this show to me is an immaculate piece of art...it really does touch on something alot of gangster movies in the past havent really touched on in detail and thats the political power most mafia related dudes had..this dude nucky is ill man, i really love how the charecter is so well connected with even tabooed factions that its hard to knock him down... im also loving how he is slowly morphing from just a bootlegger politician to a heartless gangster, the way they showing his transformation is ill, especially the actress chick he fell for dying and how its made him harder and more resentful

but sidenote..i really dig that richard charecter, something tells me as this show goes on...he is gonna have an epic role..it would be a crime to have such an amazing masked charecter..almost like the phantom of the opera not being utilized to his full potential...and i mean his sharp shooting ways..im hoping nucky will hire him as a henchman

the anti bootlegging cop who ends up spiraling downwards is also one of my fav parts of this show..when dude loses his shit in his dead end job and burns that fat dudes face off with an iron...i was sold on the charecter micheal shannon really nailed that charecter to a tee, dude really makes u either feel for the charecter or really hate him...really cant wait to cop next seasons box set
    Last edited by RADIOACTIVE MAN; 01-07-2014 at 11:36 PM.

nucky is so fuckin gangsta, ruthless thinker

Quote Originally Posted by RADIOACTIVE MAN View Post
    the anti bootlegging cop who ends up spiraling downwards is also one of my fav parts of this show..when dude loses his shit in his dead end job and burns that fat dudes face off with an iron...i was sold on the charecter micheal shannon really nailed that charecter to a tee, dude really makes u either feel for the charecter or really hate him...really cant wait to cop next seasons box set

yes, one of the most interesting characters, the way he looks at people and the way he talks is fuckin bangin', I love the way how scorsese presented his path of change from lovin husband to a ruthless killer who doesn't give a fuck, unpredictable

He'll yeah...that's why next season is gonna be crazy... Nucky is full blown heartless, Richard just bodied a house of henchmen so u know there's gonna be consequences , nucky knows his hoe of a wife cheated, Eli is riding with him but is a iffy dude, and then the cop turned bootlegging killer...man can't wait

ops, my bad I've said too much
    Last edited by Reiko; 01-09-2014 at 06:21 AM.

PRODIGAL SUN

^ I don't think RADIOACTIVE MAN is caught up in watching the show.

so fifth season will be the last one :/

PRODIGAL SUN

Quote Originally Posted by Reiko View Post
    so fifth season will be the last one :/
    Son of a bitch.

I wonder if they were somehow losing money on this show. Games of Thrones and Breaking Bad were probably killing them in ratings. Hope this is a publicity stunt to get more viewers. Perhaps, they just wanted to go out with a great series. I hope the actors/actresses/writers weren't demanding more money that couldn't be met.
    Last edited by madchild; 01-12-2014 at 11:38 PM.

PRODIGAL SUN

This show has moved along at a fairly slow pace in a historical timeline sense. Season 1 started in 1920 and Season 4 ended in 1924. The show could of skipped forward here and there in the timeline but it hasn't much. I really thought they had a gold mine with this show for a few more seasons and it could of showcased The Great Depression and the 1930's.

Banned

anybody still watching this show? it ended tonight. probably one of the slowest series finales ever.

and i kind of ruined it for myself. i read online someone's theory about the ending and it was right. probably would have been a lot better had i not known that.

wtf? only 8 episodes?

PRODIGAL SUN

Quote Originally Posted by Art Vandelay View Post
    and i kind of ruined it for myself. i read online someone's theory about the ending and it was right. probably would have been a lot better had i not known that.
    I did the exact same thing. Would you say that's poor writing if so many viewers suspected this several episodes back?

The finale was so slow. On one hand, I liked how the storyline came full circle but on the other hand, the thrill of the series plateaued this season, especially the finale.

I was really hoping for a Season more focused on Capone (and Luciano) but the writers kept to basis that the series was focused around Nucky.

Overall, it was a great series and it seems really underrated, as I don't know anyone that watches it.

Can anyone answer these questions (spoiler alert):

• Did they pretty much just skip over Rothstein's death? Other than the widow scenes with Margaret I don't really recall a scene explaining his death. And I'm not up-to-date on history.
    • The Gillian scene was bizarre. Why does having some type of surgery on your stomach make you seem like you had a lobotomy? Explain.
    • Where did Tommy get the gun? I would have assumed he was searched at the Ritz. I read that maybe he somehow got it from under the boardwalk and it was stashed in Gillian's hiding place. Sounds ridiculous and perhaps that was a sarcastic response.
    Last edited by madchild; 10-27-2014 at 11:25 PM.

This is one of the most underrated shows ever.

The writing, acting, sets, costumes, acting, dialogue, everything was magnificently done.

I was sad the last season was rushed.

It was an incredible story and worth watching all the way through.

Not sure why Wu Corp slept on this and didn't mention it since 2014. So many people in 2020 still haven't seen it which surprises me.

^^ I am watching the pilot based upon your recommendation. Looks like a good show. I'm gonna see the rest of the first season this week and next week. Buscemi's always an entertaining watch.

Btw I thought I saw the pilot when it came out a few years back. I was unimpressed and did not follow up on the show. Watching the pilot now I feel like I must be mixing up shows because I remember it as completely different.