Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Boardwalk Empire

This show is addictive.

The finale was well written.

Seasons 1, 2, 3 and 5 were outstanding

Some of the writing was just okay on Season 4

Going back in time in season 5 was a good idea

Mickey Doyle might have been my favorite character. Or Chalky. Chalky White was a badass character. Richard Harrow too. Damn tough to choose between those 3.

Nelson Van Alden's character had a great arc.

Guy who played Lucky Luciano did a good job.

Gillian Darmody was an annoying seductive character

Stephen Graham as Al Capone was great.

Here's a short clip of two of my favorite characters. Harrow here had half his face blown off in military battle. But even with one eye he's somehow an expert marksman. In a later scene in this show, he takes out most of the baddest crews at the time. I don't want to spoil it for anyone who hasn't watched, but it's epic.

Last edited by Sense-A; 05-28-2020 at 05:41 PM.

^^I agree. my favorite characters were Richard Harrow (although I felt like they just kept him round all along season 4 to have him play an important role in the season finale), Nelson Van Alden and Stephen Graham

the actors who played Mickey Doyle and Chalky White were very colorful, especially Mickey Doyle

Shea Whigham did well with was an understated character (Elias Thompson)

thanks for putting me on to the show

If you liked this show, you might like The Knick. It takes place around the same era, little earlier. In New York. It depicts what very early 20th century medicine and hospitals looked like. And it isn't pretty. You see how far medicine and healthcare has come in just 100 years. The acting is great. Great writing. Lots of underrated actors like you saw in Boardwalk Empire. Great sets. Great costumes.

The show only lasts 2 seasons. They could have stretched it out longer, but it is a short and sweet 2 seasons.

8.5/10
    The Knick
    TV-MA | 58min | Drama, History | TV Series (2014–2015)
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2937900/

Great music soundtrack! That sounds like some of the synth music i post in the synthwave thread.

^^thank you, when I finish The New Pope I'll try and find out whether I can watch it online. Seems very interesting.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Sense-A View Post
    If you liked this show, you might like The Knick. It takes place around the same era, little earlier. In New York. It depicts what very early 20th century medicine and hospitals looked like. And it isn't pretty. You see how far medicine and healthcare has come in just 100 years. The acting is great. Great writing. Lots of underrated actors like you saw in Boardwalk Empire. Great sets. Great costumes.

The show only lasts 2 seasons. They could have stretched it out longer, but it is a short and sweet 2 seasons.

8.5/10
    The Knick

Great music soundtrack! That sounds like some of the synth music i post in the synthwave thread.
    I loved that show. Only saw the first season.

Quote Originally Posted by Sense-A View Post

8.5/10
    The Knick

dude. thanks for this