• mediocre

0 0%
  • poor

0 0%
  • wack

0 0%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Killarmy - Silent Weapons For Quiet Wars

Madripoor: 1988 - small island in the southern portion of the Strait of Malacca, s/w of Singapore

Beautifully crafted album, personal classic. I listen to it about every other day. So many albums today sound like mixtapes but this is a bonafide album from begining to end.
    Last edited by kingGirlfriend; 10-10-2006 at 01:50 PM.

Definitely a classic. It might sound funny, but Love, Hell or Right is one of the sickest tracks. It's subtle, but one of the best skits I've ever heard. It's the little things that make a great album a classic.

I've been looking for this album for what seems like forever here in Canada. I finnaly saw it at zulu records in some guy's personal album collection. I asked him if I could buy it off of him and he agreed for 15 bucks. He explained to me what a sensational album it was and I rushed outside to pop it in my ride and had an orgasm. Without a doubt it was the best 15 bucks I've ever spent. I've never been so impressed in terms of production. This album is so well crafted that I feel its impossible to listen to it in pieces. On top of that every time you put this one in your player you know you're going to hit that repeat button because every beat and every verse here are fire.

It's hard to pick a favorite song here, but the ones I banged the hardest to were Full Moon, Camouflage Ninjas, Clash of the Titans, Wu Renegades, Burning Season and Fiar Love and War.

10/10 and most def in my top 5 hip hop albums of all time.

Personally i actually prefer their other 2 albums but i still love this. As with the other 2 fuckin brilliant production, which is probably the best points about the killarmy albums, not to take anything away from the group Killa Sin is sick as is Dom Pachino, 9th Prince gets on my fuckin nerves he doesnt ride with any of the beats properly

my 4th favorite produced wu album ever.

BTW Rza produced "wake up"
    Christianity = White Supremacy

Did Rza produce warface?

yes he did. its a reused beat from one of bounty killer's albums that had raekwon on it.
    Christianity = White Supremacy

Thumbs up

classic album.. i copped it when it first dropped.in '97. on tape at that.. i copped the CD to.. but now i use neither cd nor tape i got it on mp3 etc...

i have a lot of memories with this LP..LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Bosn View Post
    I've been looking for this album for what seems like forever here in Canada. I finnaly saw it at zulu records in some guy's personal album collection. I asked him if I could buy it off of him and he agreed for 15 bucks. He explained to me what a sensational album it was and I rushed outside to pop it in my ride and had an orgasm. Without a doubt it was the best 15 bucks I've ever spent. I've never been so impressed in terms of production. This album is so well crafted that I feel its impossible to listen to it in pieces. On top of that every time you put this one in your player you know you're going to hit that repeat button because every beat and every verse here are fire.

It's hard to pick a favorite song here, but the ones I banged the hardest to were Full Moon, Camouflage Ninjas, Clash of the Titans, Wu Renegades, Burning Season and Fiar Love and War.

10/10 and most def in my top 5 hip hop albums of all time.
    happy you finally found it.. you maaaaad late.. but better late than never fam.. peace!!!

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

A Hollow Dartz Review *Opens Curtain*

1.Dress To Kill
    Very dope beat by 4th Disciple, Killa Sin brings that heat my first thought was classic, but 9th Prince follows up nasty, his flow is kinda off on here which killed the momentum on here, it wasn't really long though. Shogun finishes it off good nothing too special about his verse. The beat is really crazy on here though great opening track. 4.5/5
    2.Clash of the Titans

Crazy beat and Shogun starts it off great spitting raw. 9th Prince follows up kinda off, his flow needs work on this whole album, but Dom Pachino picks up the slack, but Streetlife steals the show on here "US currency got me itching my palms" you got damn right! Beretta 9 ends it off nice flowing with the beat. 5/5
    3.Burning Season

The First Solo track on a Killarmy album. Beat is very dope. Killa Sin takes this one in a story about a nigga tryna rob another nigga lol. Killa Sin shows us his lyrical skills on the mic. Great storytelling though. Good thing 9th was only on the hook. 5/5
    4.Blood For Blood

The beat is very hot on here. I kinda don't like how Dom Pachino starts his verse off on here sounds like he's flow experimenting, Shogun comes correct, 9th Prince has a dope verse on this one I may add & Beretta 9 ends it off great on some militant shit. 4.5/5
    5.Seems It Never Fails

This track I must say this is weak. 9th Prince flow is horrible on this shit, I wasn't even feeling the beat too much pretty average. Islord is just spitting, sounds like a freestyle or something.
    3/5

6.Universal Soldiers

Beat Kinda lags on this track, it's still good though, great verses delivered by all members 9th Prince is hype on this track for god knows what reason, the beat is calm he should be too imo. Flow is off too. 4/5
    7.Love, Hell, or Right

8.Wake Up

Straight Classic right here. This is one of the only times I fucks with 9th Prince flow he straight rips this one, but I have to give this to Hell Razah & Prodigal Sunn they just going off Hell Razah is spitting mad crazy. Killa Sin brings his crazy delivery to the table also. Prodigal Sunn ends the track nice too, really feeling this shit. Rza delivers a crazy beat and they use it wisely. 5/5
    9.Fear, Love, & War
    Not the type of track I would expect to Follow up after "Wake Up" but it's all good. Killa Sin delivers a real nice track on here, and everything else just flows nicely. Beat is calm so nothing else to say....4.5/5
    10.Wu-Renegades
    This is the first track I heard from this group and I got hooked. Very dope beat and all the verses on here are crazy. Beretta 9 is flowing fast as shit on here but still delivers that heat, Dom Pachino is just spitting heat. Killa Sin flows crazy on here and 9th Prince does not fail. 5/5
    11.Full Moon
    9th Prince starts this shit off. Flow is kinda on and off on this track but it is acceptable, then Killa comes in and smashes it. Beat is VERY good, something to ride out to....5/5
    12.Under Siege
    I'm like one of the only ones who loved this track on first listen. Shogun brings heat with the opening line, and Dom Pachino just brings the heat. Beretta 9 is the icing on the cake, 4th delivers a great beat. 5/5
    13.Shelter
    A lil Preview of the tag team of Beretta 9 & Shogun the beat is crazy on here and they just spitting real shit about life period. 5/5
    14.Camouflage Ninjas

This song kinda drags on to me, it is dope though, It had to grow on me. After a few listens I must say this is a dope track. Everyone does there thing, you know 9th Prince is very hype on this one...... 4.5/5
    15.Swinging Swords
    LOL this is where I must say I fucks with 9th's flow on the album, I love this line "I be splitting shit like moses, then celebrate with gunz and roses". Dom Pachino follows up with a great verse the Killa Sin........just finishes it off crazy I love this line "You Either sit down, shut the fuck up, or catch an uppercut" LOL crazy shit. Beat is crazy. 5/5
    16.War Face
    This is another track I think kinda lags on this album. It's definitely not wack great verses delivered by the Killarmy. 4/5
    17. 5 Stars
    9th Prince flow is off on here but the beat is so live so it really doesn't matter. Beretta 9 has a great verse on here and flows very well on here,Shogun just adds on to the greatness of the track, Dom Pachino is ripping it to, BUT Masta Killa shows and proves why he is a Wu-General. He just shits on everyone. The hook is hot too, it gets me hyper when i'm in my chamber zoning out. Nice Outro to a great Debut album.... 5/5

Beats - 5/5
    Lyrics 4.5/5
    Overall 4.5/5

Nice cd equipped with beats that are crazy. But The flows on this cd are off. Killa Sin & Dom Pachino are the only ones who seem to have developed a flow for themselves, while the other members seem to find spots. 9th Prince sounds ehhh on this album, like wtf?? They don't all seem in sync, it's like they just made the group and the album. The Lyrics are on point somewhat but you can tell who needs work and who doesn't. Killa Sin has best performance on album. The beats are classic though, some of the best production I've ever heard on an album.
    4.5/5 BEST ALBUM BEAT WISE ***Certified Wu-Classic***
    Last edited by Hollow Dartz; 04-06-2008 at 03:41 PM.
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

straight classic

classics are usually determined by the perculiar quality of the longetivity of something and here my friends is an album that embodies that to the fullest,for real,this shit is ahead of its time by lightyears..even in morden times..its sound is like something that's still gonna hit the game in the future..this shit is a total classic..!!! hip hop hall of famer

PRODIGAL SUN

classic for sure. fair love & war is one of my all time fav wu tracks.

classic all day
    DOWNLOADALBUMZ!

Classic!!!!!!!!!!!!

SkamPoe at instagram @kinghippoe
    FOLLOW!!