Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Terra Nova

Default Terra Nova

http://www.fox.com/terranova/

from imdb.com
    Centers on the Shannons, an ordinary family from 2149 when the planet is dying who are transported back 85 million years to prehistoric Earth where they join Terra Nova, a colony of humans with a second chance to build a civilization.

from tv.com
    FOX Broadcasting has teamed with Steven Spielberg Peter Chernin, Brannon Braga, René Echevarria and Aaron Kaplan to bring a new series, Terra Nova. In the year 2149, the planet Earth is a disaster, and most of the plant and animal life has become extinct. Scientists can't reverse the damage, but have found a way to travel back to prehistoric times to save the human race.

Among the Tenth Pilgrimage of settlers in Terra Nova is the Shannon family. Jim Shannon, played by Jason O'Mara, is a loving father with secrets in his past. His wife, Elisabeth, is a trauma surgeon who has been recruited to join Terra Nova's medical team. Their three children join them on this journey: Josh is 17 and is not happy about leaving the life he knows. Maddy is 15 and is looking forward to a new life and a chance to make changes. Zoe is 5, and there is a secret involving her that could create problems for the Shannon family.

Commander Nathaniel Taylor warns the new arrivals of the dangers that surround them in Terra Nova. There are not only dinosaurs but other settlers who have left the colony to start their own. The outcast colony is led by Mira, who left because she disagreed with Taylor as a leader. The Shannons soon discover that not all of the danger exists outside the walls of Terra Nova. Some of the members of their group disagree on how to save mankind and some may even be trying to destroy the new world before it can get started.

I watched episodes 1/2 last week,, wanted to make a topic on this.,,
    anybody watch it? thoughts?

i like the story line, and concept.. not really into the dinosaurs tho.. maybe cos their reptillian in nature ;/
    the pilot cost 50$million.. thats just the pilot! spielbergs on some next crack ish

anybody watch this?

I liked it.

some previews

preview of epside 3.. that was on last nite

missed this but will be checking the next episode

Dont know if i wanna check out, reason being is that shows get cancelled for no damn reason soon as they get good [heroes, the event]

I haven't seen it yet, but is it geared towards families or a little edgier? I hope it isn't Jurassic Park 'lite'.

its a little edgie.. well alot edgier that the jurassic parks, even the 1st ten mins of the pilot starts of,, well dramatic.. i wont spoil the story line.. but each family can only have 2 kids.. anything more is illegal...
    im not even going to say anymore.. lol
    sorry!

i dont think this show will get canclled.. spielberg has the cash to fund this himself.. whichi think is what he is doing..

The Event was pretty good.. it didnt have a proper ending.. but it ended..
    heroes was just basterdised, after the writer strikes..
    The heroes books are awesome.

I liked The Event also. Željko Ivanek is a solid actor. There might be a possible tv movie on Sy Fy in the future, but who knows.

that sounds pretty good,.

shame they fucked up flash forward too,. ;/

It's a cool premise but It's too early to say anything definitive about the series.
    Not sure which direction the show is heading, only time will tell.

just seen this show recently and though it was decent

Quote Originally Posted by ikke View Post
    It's a cool premise but It's too early to say anything definitive about the series.
    Not sure which direction the show is heading, only time will tell.

the next episode we should find out whats happening,, if taylors son, goes back into the future? 2139 and gets the help and support he wants.. then i guess the future folk wll come back and rape earth all over again.. lol at taylor being the goodguy.. (only very recently watced avatar)

this show is decent.. one of a handful of shows i watch..
    kinda seems to be heading into a reverse avatar story line.. why go to other planets too rape and pillage,, lets go back in time and do that on earth!

I don't get why they don't move to terra nova entirely.
    They're doing it all to make money but isn't money just a resource and won't you have more resources in terra nova?
    It's almost as if people don't really care about resources, they just want to have more than their peers.

10 Minutes into the finale I was hoping the show was going to become much darker, with the characters fighting against oppressing powers in 2 camps one as prisoners and one as fugitives. That would've been a very interesting tv show. But this ending has potential as well. with some new mythology added to the series universe and the addition of a new group and the potential for another civilisation.

i haven't watched the finale yet ( its not the episode entitled within is it?)

fair point hto, why dont they all move their.. money isnt a resource,, the resources are all over the place,, money is a form of controlling the resources,. indeed you correct, people dont care about the resources,, they just want more wealth.. but we all know disproportionate wealth is what caused them to look for a way out in the first place (terra nova)
    what happened to a new start? new civilisation? just a copy of what the modern world is like.,.lol but with more resources to plunder :\ humanity sucks

ill reply again when i seen the finale need to watch the dexter finale too.. woooohoooo i just know deb and dexter are going to get it on.. lols

havent really caught this show been glancing at Grimm