• Mediocore

0 0%
  • Wack

0 0%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Killarmy - Dirty Weaponry

king disguised as beggar. the silencer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TAURO DA GRIM LATIN View Post
    Again Hollow comes through, but the rating systen of...

Beats
    Lyrics
    Overall

You got that from me lol
    i do the same thing....

i probably took it from u too without even realizing...i was always reading everybody's reviews for like 2 years before i even typed my first one up

It's all good, I think we've all influenced each other at one point. You and Hollow are the two best reviewers on the corp, im just glad that I made a positive contribution.

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
    Method Man

penalty boxed user Maccabee Ridah's Avatar

The best Killarmy eva... And totally mad album!!! Production is ill!!!! Lyrics too!!! The whole album is dope as hell!!!

10/10 - Pure classic!!!

P.E.A.C.E.

Whats the deal with the 2 diff covers? I read one of the covers is rare and out of print. Does anybody know which one or if it is even true?

i got it like i said in another thread

SHAKA ZULU BOBO SHANTI NYABINGHI MAN A MAU MAU WARRIOR

masked avenger,

i got the one on the right.
    We do it for the people.

The reason I ask is because I ordered it online and received it in the mail a few days ago and it was the one of the left so I did some online research on the cover and it said that the one on the left is rare and out of print which I thought was strange since I ordered it brand new online just last week.

A flawless classic, arguably their best. The production is superb, the lyrics are on point, no filler, it's not flooded with a bunch of tracks, very tight nit. This album completed my Wu summer back in 1998, along with Heavy Mental, The Last Shall Be First, and The Swarm.
    Last edited by TheWuSepticTank; 01-21-2015 at 01:44 AM.
    STAY TUNED.

i was pretty young when this came out and picked up everything Wu related and i remember buying this and Method Man's "Tical 2000" together. this was my first time hearing Killarmy and i remember absolutely loving the first track "Galactics" but not really knowing what to make of the rest of the album as I think Tauro said a few pages back. it wasn't until several years later that I was listening to it in headphones from front-to-back that I really got it...

this album is just brilliant on all levels, 4th Disciple's production on this is a perfect example of why he's such an incredible producer. he makes real hip-hop sounding shit, no doubt about it, but he got a style and sound of his own. something interesting i read in a biography on 4th Disciple is that he was like only 19 years old when he produced on "Wu-Tang Forever", making him 20 on this. now that is fucking skills. i also think RZA was putting a lot of focus on this album as an executive producer, being that 9th is his brother, his ties to Beretta 9, and his high praise for 4th... you see him in the video for "The Shootout" and i remember that interview with RZA in The Source for "Supreme Clientele" where he said that he barely had worked with the Generals due to him focusing on his (what he called) C-artists, the Killa Beez.

perhaps my favorite song on this is "5 Stages of Consciousness", this track just represents everything that the group is about. 4th's production is so soothing and beautiful but once the beat kicks in it's got a certain amount of ruggedness and a street edge to it as well.. and the song is one of the very few where the entire group appears on the same song which is very cool. other favorites include "Pain", "Where I Rest At", "Galactics", "Last Poet", "Allah Sees Everything" and of course "Doomsday". the whole project flows really nicely though, and there's definitely nothing i would skip on here.

as stated before Killa Sin and Dom Pachino absolutely murders this album, save for their and Holocaust's apperances, it's not really a lyricist album, but the artists have a raw energy that syncs up perfectly with the production on this. a great marriage.. i do have to mention Holocaust's two verses though - MAN, how fucking dope was this guy back in the days? recently i had a period where i went back and just listened to all the old Black Knights/North Star songs and freestyles like those on the Wake Up Show and i can't believe how ill Holo was then and how frustatingly boring he is today.. it's the worst case of falling off i've ever encountered though i got respect for all his fans, but that style is just not for me.

today i would probably say that "Dirty Weaponry" is my favorite Killarmy album. despite how highly i hold the other two as well...

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

all jokes aside, this album was the reason I became an Islord fan. I always loved hearing every other emcee from Killarmy, Dom Pachino and Killa Sin are obvious favourites but Islord just had something crazy about his style that made me want to listen.

definitely some strong memories attached to this album for me. I was in high school when I first got this and I played it none stop

Prince of the Non Ignorant weirdos

This joint dropped twenty years ago today. Another Summer time banger