0 0%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Killarmy - Dirty Weaponry

PRODIGAL SUN

Liked the album i wud give it a 8/10

one of the most grimey albums ever made. 8/10
    "the truth is usually seen and rarely heard" -GZA

king disguised as beggar. the silencer's Avatar

is that Killah Priest talkin in the beginning of Allah C's Everything and singin the chorus too??

i always wondered....it sounds just like him

Wu Vatican

^
    Ummm yeah indeed does sound like him. Dom P's verse on that track=awesome

Is This The One When They Flipped The Mash Theme Song?? I've Been Lookin 4 That Joint For A While

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

1.GALACTICS
    produced by Mathematics

This shit is a dope album opener. Verses are hot 9th's flow is getting a lil better. Dom Pachino be ripping shit. islord Killed this shit too. 5/5

2.ALLAH SEES EVERYTHING
    produced by 4th Disciple

This is my shit too Dom Pachino picks up where sin left off taking the lyrical lead. 4.5/5

3.5 STAGES OF CONSCIOUSNESS
    produced by 4th Disciple

This is my shit Shogun kills this shit. All the verses are hot too. Islord had a good verse. Of course Sin ripped it. Kinda long though. 4/5

4.UNITE TO FIGHT
    produced by 4th Disciple

This is my shit right here for real Nice verse from both mc's. 5/5

5.MURDER VENUE
    produced by 4th Disciple
    Everything is real like blue steel being pulled out at a sold out concert niggas and bitches going beserk. Straight Banger Sin ripped it. 4.5/5

6.DOOMSDAY featuring Holocaust
    produced by 4th Disciple

As much As I don't like holocaust he ripped this shit. Dom Pachino ended this shit nice too. 4.5/5

7.RED DAWN
    produced by 4th Disciple

This shit is hot Dom pachino rips it. 9th follows up great. B9 ended the song nice. 5/5

8.THE SHOOT OUT
    produced by 4th Disciple

This is my shit right here too Dom Pachino Isord and Sin ripped this track. 4.5/5

9.BASTARD SWORDSMAN featuring Holocaust
    produced by Mathematics

This shit is fire every verse is hot Holocaust ripped this shit but 9th killed this shit and Dom Pachino. 5/5

10.LAST POET
    produced by Russ Prez

Lol at Islord's verse "one swing of tiger woods golf club" but Dom p killed this shit 9th sounds wack on this song. 4.5/5

11.SERVING JUSTICE
    produced by 4th Disciple

This is a banger right here too 9th is on some other shit. 4.5/5

12.WHERE I REST AT
    produced by 4th Disciple

This track is a banger too b9 sounds like he says "Dot" all the time. 3/5

13.PAIN
    produced by 4th Disciple

This is my shit right here Shogun and Sin ripped it. 4.5/5

Overall 4.5/5 Album is hot beats are dope. Lyrically their best album they are bringing heat. This Lp is a banger just like Dom P. said. You can tell their flows have gotten better. But this album is them at their lyrical best.
    Last edited by Hollow Dartz; 01-26-2008 at 11:52 PM.
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

Very solid album, at least 8/10. The best tracks on here are Doomsday and 5 Stages Of Consciousness (10/10 classic IMO)

Classic... I fuck with that song Last Poet hard...

Here is The Shoot Out...

Suga Duga

not much to say...dope

(this thread should include a poll, no?)

im at work and incredibly bored, been listening to the cassette tape version of this album lately (long story) so i wanted to type up a review for it....

first off, when listening to this what strikes me is the incredible DEPTH of the Wu family...i mean, the Clan is a group of 9 emcees (not to mention Cappa, Streetlife) and here they have another affiliate with 6 other emcees, there's Sunz of Man with 4, Royal Fam with 3 (i think?)....and more of course, but all of these guys put out crazy material.....the Wu-Tang dynasty is really something incredible and many ppl dont realize just how many sick albums there are out there associated with the Wu logo....

speakin of the Wu logo, years ago i think my older brother must've just picked up anything at the store that had the W on it cuz i've always wondered how he knew about such a seemingly non-descript group like Killarmy and picked up their friggin tape...(when he was like 14 no less)...

anyways, on to the album....

i actually like this a little better than SWFQW....the star of this whole joint is 4th Disciple, his beats on here just make all the joints on this album shine....ill never forget the feeling upon first hearing the beautiful, rugged sounds of this album with its movie samples, machine guns, explosions mixed in with melodic instruments and drums.....

as far as the lyrics, Killa Sin is his usual dope self but Dom Pachino is bananas on this album....his flow is off the hook and he is spittin some of the craziest, and at times deepest shit hes ever spit before....this is PR Terrorist's prime for sure...he OOOOOWWWWWNS Red Dawn...."administrate an earthquake, the earth shake ya body ache ya lifes at stake, ur lyrics aint holdin no weight/ paralyze ya enterprise cuz they movin like snakes up in my grass, little do they know its watered in gas/ spark that ass wit the friction that my music enhance, verbal vibration spit a few darts from out my stash.."

9th Prince is a little bit sharper than on Silent Weapons, Beretta is the same, Shogun has some shine when he does appear on this, and i cant stand Islord.....he just plain sucks, im sorry...

1.GALACTICS
    produced by Mathematics
    love the opening on here...not as classic and unforgettable as the SWFQW opening but still great...
    simple beat from Math and i just wanna point out that Wu producers always seem to (purposely i guess) flip the sample so that the voice is always saying something weird or making a weird sound..in this case its "muhm" or something like that at the tail of the beat..
    Islord starts off totally off-tempo on here and im always embarassed when i try to play this for ppl and he kicks it off so crappily...
    PR Terrorist slaughters it, giving us a taste early on of where he is at on this album "eternal life is thru the mind, the first element, the first to settle it, the first to pull the metal, first to defeat the devil, first to take it to that level.." first sick verse of the album
    4/5

2.ALLAH SEES EVERYTHING
    produced by 4th Disciple

its gotta be Killah Priest talking in the beginning of this...wooda been crazy to have him on this song, i dont know of any other Priest and Killarm collabos besides Soldiers of Darkness...he wooda fit nicely on here...
    sick beat from 4th and PR kills it....Islord is eh, 9th is trying to fit as many words as possible into 1 line
    3/5

3.5 STAGES OF CONSCIOUSNESS
    produced by 4th Disciple

fire right here....all 6 of them spittin and the 7th Killarmy member providing another fire beat....i like B9 on here, one of his best verses from the album....
    the movie samples in between verses are classic...i love the way they flip this..9th and Islord actually keep the momentum goin on this with dope verses and Shogun is ok too but by the time he starts spittin the song seems like its gone on too long....
    4/5

4.UNITE TO FIGHT
    produced by 4th Disciple

beat is incredible and i love the chorus..actually Shoguns verse just sounds like he is saying a chorus so i dono what it is....9th is pretty tight on here, i like his lyrics and ok flow...i wish somebody else wooda hopped on such a sick beat but its still a dope song..
    beat makes this 5/5

5.MURDER VENUE
    produced by 4th Disciple

love this joint...rugged beat with sick drums...they all spit nice verses with Dom P and Killa Sin fuckin slaughtering shit..
    always wondered if they're referring to something they did in the chorus..woodnt surprise me as they seem pretty crazy, 2 of them in jail currently..
    5/5

6.DOOMSDAY featuring Holocaust
    produced by 4th Disciple

this is my joint right here.....starts off with the crazy cannons and shots blowin off and shit.....Killarmy classic right here....Holocaust fuckin holocausts this song...thats the only word i could think of...when i first heard this i didnt know who he was i was like DDDDAAAAAYYYYUUUUMM..
    Dom P's verse is short but SO visual and so crazy..
    5/5

7.RED DAWN
    produced by 4th Disciple

love how Doomsday leads into this track...listening to a cassette really gives u an appreciation for albums...i mean, before CDs u had to put out a product that was good song after good song.....Dom P is incredible on this and the beat is so chilled out and eery...9th doesnt even try to slow down his flow for the beat...
    4/5

(this is where u flip to side 2 on the tape.....i did eventually buy the cd version if u're wondering....)

8.THE SHOOT OUT
    produced by 4th Disciple

i like the vid for this.....dope song, i like how they spit multiple verses...PR Terrorist and Sin tear this to shreds as usual....beat is pretty good not amazing...
    4/5

9.BASTARD SWORDSMAN featuring Holocaust
    produced by Mathematics

(damn they finally gave me work to do, gotta wrap it up)
    Math starts this beat off crazy and then it turns into an okay one...Holocaust kills it and the chorus here just makes the whole song....classic Wu chorus
    4/5

10.LAST POET
    produced by Russ Prez

never liked this beat that much but i like the presidential samples mixed in....Dom P is pretty sick again, Islord and 9th hold it down...
    3/5

11.SERVING JUSTICE
    produced by 4th Disciple

LOVE this beat....Rza wood use the sample years later for Kill Bill but i love this song...gets me SO hyped, i listen to it before hockey games when i need to get all jacked up...
    i love 9th Prince on here, he is so hungry..
    5/5

12.WHERE I REST AT
    produced by 4th Disciple

beat is amazing yet again but i was never feelin this song that much.....Shogun spins a nice lil dart on here
    3/5

13.PAIN
    produced by 4th Disciple

scary ass sample and eery beat....4th just makes up his own style and sound, hes incredible....9th is great on here, so is Killa Sin...great ending to a great album
    i like the fast paced ending and even tho this album is only 13 songs they are #1-mostly fire and #2-they flow so nicely with each other and create a whole, cohesive album...
    3.5/5

OVERALL: 4.5/5
    the only thing needed to make this a perfect album wooda been some better verses from the guys besides Dom P and Sin....they're not horrible, but had they spit some doper shit this wooda been a 5-star all around classic...
    as it stands, its my fav Killarmy album and definitely a certified, stamped Wu banger and great joint to pull out of your Wu library every now and then....

PEACEEEE
    Last edited by the silencer; 07-19-2007 at 02:23 PM.

this album is a banga..!!! all killarmy albums are..

poll
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

re-up..

only 5 votes???

This was my first Killarmy album, I remember not being sure what to make of it at first because I didn't know anything about the mc's.

Solid album......Banger.

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
    Method Man

I just edited my post, to touch up on some thoughts, not really a thorough review since i'm bout to go to bed.