Thread: RZA's THE MAN WITH THE IRON FISTS starring Russell Crowe gets updated synopsis

Default RZA's THE MAN WITH THE IRON FISTS starring Russell Crowe gets updated synopsis

The Man with the Iron Fists Synopsis:

The action-adventure is inspired by kung-fu classics as interpreted by his longtime collaborators RZA and Eli Roth. The Man with the Iron Fists tells the epic story of warriors, assassins and a lone outsider hero in nineteenth-century China who must unite to destroy the clan traitor who would destroy them all. Since his arrival in China’s Jungle Village, the town’s blacksmith (RZA) has been forced by radical tribal factions to create elaborate tools of destruction. When the clans’ brewing war boils over, the stranger channels an ancient energy to transform himself into a human weapon. As he fights alongside iconic heroes and against soulless villains, one man must harness this power to become savior of his adopted people. Blending astonishing martial-arts sequences from some of the masters of this world with the signature vision he brings as the leader of the Wu-Tang Clan and as one of hip-hop’s most dominant figures of the past two decades, RZA joins Roth to embark upon their most ambitious, stylized and thrilling project to date.

http://www.upcoming-movies.com/Artic...ated-synopsis/

shit, why a brother always gotta play a blacksmith.
    the politically correct term is african-americansmith.

So RZA makes Russell Crowe a pair of iron fists and kung fu ensues.
    still unsure about Batista being in this but im sure he won't ruin it.
    Im looking forward to it.
    She talked, I listened, She listened I spoke
    We walked arm-in-arm and split a Cherry Coke
    Spit religion and politics, Sega and chess
    Roots and culture, hip-hop, skunk and sess
    She caught me sneakin' peeks at her breasts
    While frontin' name droppin' connects

when is this supposed to be released, beginning of 2012??
    i can't wait to see it, really sounds like something different. i can't stand Eli Roth tho, his movies are some of the worst shit i ever watched but i guess since he knows a little something about movies and it's RZA's vision, it's not such a bad thing. would have been a lot iller if it was Tarantino instead of the Rothschild kid though.

do you think there will be a hip-hop soundtrack to this? if not i think RZA's playing himself on that part, people who see this will want to hear some fat beats ala Wu-Tang during the fighting scenes.

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

Veteran Member

Now my mouth is watering
    WU-TANG FOREVER.
    GHANA REPRESENTING

I been waiting forever to see this although it's a film for Fu-heads like myself, the average movie goer will probably think its garbage, a lot of the characters are based off dudes from old fu flix.

Eli Roth aint too bad but I can understand why people dislike his films. Definately not for the avergae movie fan. Cabin fever was fun, Hostel was ok, Hostel 2 was meh.
    The brutal offspring of Conan and Red Sonja.

anticipation rising
    Impermanence on this plane of reality/where criminality, brutality freely dwell/ Truth is a casualty in this hell/ Karma reins with divine causality, then its swell--StrangeLoveSurreal

lets be honest, nothing we've heard so far guarantees this movie will be any good. we know rza can't act, and he's gonna be in 19th century china of all places. comedy he can pull off, martial arts film, i think not. rza's been hyping up disappointing projects for over a decade now. this is like a childhood dream for him, to be in a kungfu film. why else would he make himself the main character. i'm a big fan of kungfu flicks so i might get some enjoyment out of it, but to be honest i've always disliked non-orientals in martial arts films
    FCK A SHOUT OUT!

Veteran Member

He was good in Cracktown