Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Method Man Says GZA & RZA Wrote Most Of The Rhymes On Ol' Dirty Bastard's "Return To

don't forget dirty was supposed to do the all in together now song .. gza wrote it for him

SHAOLIN STUDENT

So what ? ODB was special, he was unique. His energy was really incredible so I don't give fuck if he didn't write the lyrics.

Eastern village

Its a common fact that Gza and Rza wrote most of odb first solo. So really I cant understand why everyone gets so hyped. I mean People knew since like 10+ years now..

dirty may not have the best lyrics but in my opinion he has the illest style/image ever

Dirty has a different flow for every fuckin track he was on. it aint that he wasnt capable of writing his own rhymes, he just took alot of shit they had already made during AITN days and made it his own.

This was obvious from a long time ago, once you start to listen all of the All In Together Now songs that were before Wu-Tang.
    Human Instrumentality Project

Sacrificing older life to create a new lifeform blessed with the fruit of life

Quote Originally Posted by Jammin View Post
    he wrote the first verse of cherchez laghost ?? he never said that !!!
    just the first line.

brothers try to pass me but none can match me. no girl can freak me, i'm just too nasty

like every one else said, no suprise. i remember back in the day i heard a gza freestyle and it was "damage" off return to 36. you don't remember that documentary on vh1 when odb first got released and he was begging the producers to give him lyrics. pharell was telling him to just do what he always does and odb looked lost as shit. dirt is pretty much non existent on anyones clan solo albums and there's a major drop in rhyme structure from return to nigga please, most of the tracks don't even rhyme on there... but it's dirt, he made that shit fresh
    FCK A SHOUT OUT!

Quote Originally Posted by shystar36 View Post
    like every one else said, no suprise. i remember back in the day i heard a gza freestyle and it was "damage" off return to 36. you don't remember that documentary on vh1 when odb first got released and he was begging the producers to give him lyrics. pharell was telling him to just do what he always does and odb looked lost as shit. dirt is pretty much non existent on anyones clan solo albums and there's a major drop in rhyme structure from return to nigga please, most of the tracks don't even rhyme on there... but it's dirt, he made that shit fresh
    What my tranny chasing friend, the sticky bandit says is TRUE! To me, the nigga please album (from what I remember) is just trash..
    Quote Originally Posted by food for thought View Post
    i hope you die tonight faggit.

SHAOLIN STUDENT

Odb didn't write lyrics but he was the soul of the clan. He was not on the last clan albums and we all know they miss something. He was the missing link, the one who bring the energy to transform "voltron". Without Osirus Wu is dead. He was not a good lyricist but an incredible mc and Rza knows why he released "return to ...." just after "Tical". He knows the clan needed the devastating impact of the dirt dog. Some of my friends thought he was the weakest link of the clan, but after "the w" they knew, they were wrong.

Prince of the Non Ignorant weirdos

They were wrong because everybody knows Ugod has always been the weak link in Wu Tang.

BASCO

Quote Originally Posted by shystar36 View Post
    dirt is pretty much non existent on anyones clan solo albums
    i guess that was the first clue ...

he didn't do nothing but sing a hook here and there in each of the clan solos. whoever said uey is the weak link can't be serious ...

DuncanHine Monument Cakes CEITEDMOFO's Avatar

AS LONG AS HE WROTE BROOKLYN ZOO ALL IS FORGIVEn

Quote Originally Posted by The blackma View Post
    Odb didn't write lyrics but he was the soul of the clan. He was not on the last clan albums and we all know they miss something. He was the missing link, the one who bring the energy to transform "voltron". Without Osirus Wu is dead. He was not a good lyricist but an incredible mc and Rza knows why he released "return to ...." just after "Tical". He knows the clan needed the devastating impact of the dirt dog. Some of my friends thought he was the weakest link of the clan, but after "the w" they knew, they were wrong.
    That's TRUE. You could say he was the clan's own Milli Vanilli.
    Quote Originally Posted by food for thought View Post
    i hope you die tonight faggit.

I heard Dirty wanted Ludacris to write his rhymes for 36 Chambers.
    She talked, I listened, She listened I spoke
    We walked arm-in-arm and split a Cherry Coke
    Spit religion and politics, Sega and chess
    Roots and culture, hip-hop, skunk and sess
    She caught me sneakin' peeks at her breasts
    While frontin' name droppin' connects