Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Grand Theft Auto V

a big chunk of gta4 had a bunch of misions that didn't progress the storyline at all. basically the whole bit dealing with the mafia was repetitive and unnecessary.

they really need to reinvent the game. why not try a warcraft type mmo where you have cartels, gangs and mafia families ...whatever. basically mafia wars on steroids and crack.

Banned

yea, i agree. Visionally the game was great, but it was the same old shit again.

I think its about time they came out with a game set during prohibition, where you can be severall different characters....one from rivaling faction and manipulate the ending, so you can replay it, and have a different outcome.

Or something from the Gangs of New York era.

Several games have been made in the 40's/mafia godfather type stuff.

they did an 80's game miami vice game.

They did an early 90's LA/SF/LV game.

An in depth storyline charting the characters rise as a youth until late adulthood, in the mold of Once Upon A Time in America is what im looking for.....and in between you get drafted into WW1 and they have some war missions. or something.

nice ideas nick. i'm surprised gangs of ny was never made into a game.
    maybe even harlem during prohibition. that era hasn't been touched at all.

only other thing i can think of is place the story 20-30 years into the future.

but the setting and characters arent really the issue, its the missions and gameplay. there was absolutely zero evolution from 3 to 4 aside from the multiplayer mode which is treated like an afterthought.

maybe a gta where the main character is a cop who eventually works his way to undercover narco. idk something new.

i swear they dropped more gameplay for gta4 since the last one. you couldnt play bball, couldn't customize your character half as much as san andreas, no side robbery missions, no taking turf (understandably, but it was another thing to do in gta:sa). and they got rid of bicycles! man you could cover ground + explore every nook n cranny on a bike way quicker than walking, and do tricks to break the monotony.
    i remember the first hour i started GTA 4 i was like why cant i do this! or this!

Banned

yea, san andreas was a much better game. I liked how you could get different haircuts and go to the gym and get huge.

The 20's should be the next era if they do one. The Jazz age, there was just so much going on during that time with the different cultures, the fashion, etc. etc.

Tommy guns, streetcars, packards...

Set in NYC....with the different neighborhoods...Harlem, Lower East Side, Hells Kitchen. I kno that the Godfather game did this, and it was one of the best games ever, but they could even surprass that by far.

Boardwalke empire shit.

Quote Originally Posted by STYLE View Post
    they really need to reinvent the game. why not try a warcraft type mmo where you have cartels, gangs and mafia families ...whatever. basically mafia wars on steroids and crack.
    Its not official but some modders made SAMP which is an online mod for SA where you can get jobs, join gangs, buy cars etc
    Last edited by shaolinsword; 10-30-2011 at 11:27 AM.

wouldnt mind a gta in japan,yakuza,but real in depth and get rid of repetitive missions,with lots of customizeable shit.

BASCO

Quote Originally Posted by shaolinsword View Post
    Its awesome to see another GTA but I hope they get back to the stupidness they had in the games before IV.
    this

this

this

this

GTAIV was str8 ass

aw man i just remembered you could sky dive in san andreas too, that was the shit
    fuck gta 4 for real lmao they stripped half the gameplay and made it look pretty

wish i still had that game...they should re-release it in HD for the new consoles

Strangely enough, I enjoyed GTAIV more than GTAIII. I haven't played Vice or SA though, but GTAIV is one of the best games I've played.
    "I hate them and I wish death among them!" - Mahatma Gandhi

well...me too...gta3 is 10 years old now

hahahaha listen to this kid lie about his dad working for rockstar and "leaking the plot"
    Quote Originally Posted by liar
    1. The protagonist is not named "Adrian" or whatever- he is hispanic though (Columbian) and his name is "Xavier". The name Xavier was chosen for the "X" initial.
    2. The game takes place in San Andreas in 2012. There will be a timeline with days of the week, a calender, and dates. WW 3 breaks out on the date 12-12-12 in the game and changes the story drastically, and there will be a tsunami. Xavier goes from seeking revenge, and being a big time drug dealer, to saving many people, and being a real hero (Xavier means Savior in English).
    3. The map is about twice as big as GTA 4, and much more detailed. The map will be very similar to the old San Andreas, although there will be major changes to the environment.
    4. Xavier is young, and the game starts out on his graduation day from High School- everything is going great- until a drive-by kills his brother at the graduation ceremony.
    5. Xavier will be buying a lot of properties like GTA San Andreas- but looses most of his properties from the tsunami at the outbreak of WW 3.
    6. There will be gang wars- but everyone comes together to fight a common enemy. You will go from killing cops- to being a vigilante and helping the cops.
    7. There will be military, but you will go from fighting against them when you have 6 stars, to working with them in a big way.
    8. There will be a huge battleship that you will pilot that has big artillery, missiles, and guns that will be manned by other players in multiplayer.
    9. There will be jet fighters, helicopters, drones, tanks, a submarine, wingsuits, jetpacks, and parachuting. There will be much higher altitudes, and dogfighting will be back- it will be in multiplayer mode.
    10. There will be a few cars that are set up for drifting. You can mod cars, bikes, and trucks in mod shops. There will be badass lowriders, Monster trucks, and a car like the one in James Bond's
    i wish he was telling the truth cause that game would be dope.

This will be the first game to only be available for purchase as a download
    No hard copies
    Just online downloads

This will change the game literally if it's a success

Watch

SkamPoe at instagram @kinghippoe
    FOLLOW!!