• Cocoa Brovaz w. "The Rude Awakening"

3 37.50%
  • Heltah Skeltah w. "Magnum Force"

2 25.00%
  • O.G.C. w. "The M-Pire Strikez Back"

1 12.50%
  • Black Moon w. "War Zone"

2 25.00%

Thread: Boot Camp's second round of solo albums - The illest?

Default Boot Camp's second round of solo albums - The illest?

i know there was a thread where we discussed which was the best of the four first Boot Camp Clik solo LPs so I figured I'll make one for the second round too. after "For The People" they all dropped one more album between 1998 and '99 and although not as good as their debuts, there were some banging shit on all of them. i've been revisiting "War Zone" and "The Rude Awakening" quite a bit lately so that's where this thread came from.

personally, my favorite is "War Zone".

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

I prefer Rude Awakening but thats only because I owned that album and not the War Zone so I obviously listened to it a lot more

The Chamber of Knowledge New-Yorks-Finest's Avatar

truthfully i prefer war zone more than enta da stage only cause i've listened to war zone way more

also the beats in war zone are fucking banging, check out One-Two for example
    "If a man hasn't discovered something that he will die for, he isn't fit to live."

damn Ima have to check these...I only listened to Magnum Force and thats a banger
    I'm the Greatest Scientifically Inclined Mind Since Einstein!!!!

Your fav. artist's artist fatboybrandon's Avatar

I think Rude Awakening is my favorite out of that 2nd round. Not just the album itself but the way I remember it was presented. I have good memories of Cocoa Brovaz visiting Pete Rock & Marley on radio, the singles, the unreleased songs and the total climate of New York Hip Hop when it came out.

I still haven't heard M Pire by OGC til this day, I'm afraid to listen to it with a title like that, lol. I remember not feeling the same about some BCC albums around that time as I once did in the early to mid 90's.

I gotta ride with Magnum Force, with War Zone pulling a close second.

MFC........Fo' Liiiiife!

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    Thanks for your hate hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Prince of the Non Ignorant weirdos

Quote Originally Posted by fatboybrandon View Post
    I think Rude Awakening is my favorite out of that 2nd round. Not just the album itself but the way I remember it was presented. I have good memories of Cocoa Brovaz visiting Pete Rock & Marley on radio, the singles, the unreleased songs and the total climate of New York Hip Hop when it came out.

I still haven't heard M Pire by OGC til this day, I'm afraid to listen to it with a title like that, lol. I remember not feeling the same about some BCC albums around that time as I once did in the early to mid 90's.
    Their second l.p. is worth checking out but do not expect anything spectacular from it; Lil' Jon's co producers had a few tracks on there.

Prince of the Non Ignorant weirdos

Rude Awakening dropped twenty five years ago today. Great follow up to Dah Shinin

Veteran Member

Rude Awakening, M-Pire Shrikez Back and Magnum Force are all classics to me