Thread: In Living Color is coming back

Default In Living Color is coming back

--'In Living Color' returns to FOX, produced by Keenan Ivory Wayans

In Living Color" is set to return to FOX in the spring, for the first time since it was canceled in 1994.

Keenan Ivory Wayans, who was one of the original cast-members on the hit 1990s sketch comedy series, has signed on to host and executive produce the reboot, according to Deadline.

FOX has ordered two half-hour "In Living Color" specials, to air mid-season in the spring as part of the network's 25th anniversary. If the specials fair well, "In Living Color" will join the schedule as a regular series next fall or mid-season.

The original series aired for five series, ending its run in May 1994 and launched the careers of comedians like Wayans, his siblings Damon Wayans, Shawn Wayans, Kim Wayans and Marlon Wayans, Jim Carrey, Jamie Foxx and David Alan Grier. Singer Jennifer Lopez also served as one of the Fly Girls on the comedy series.

The relaunch will feature a new cast of comedians and special guest musical performances.

The relaunch will be produced by Wayans' production company, Ivory Way Prods. in association with 20th Century Fox TV's Fox 21, according to the industry website.

Since his appearance on "In Living Color," Keenan Ivory Wayans has appeared in films like "Don't Be a Menace to South Central While Drinking Your Juice in the Hood," the "Scary Movie" franchise, "White Chicks" and "Little Man."

The 53-year-old actor earned a primetime Emmy award in 1990 for Outstanding Variety, Music or Comedy Series for "In Living Color," which he shared with producers Kevin Bright, Tamara Rawitt and Michael Petok.

-http://www.ontheredcarpet.com/In-Living-Color-returns-to-FOX--produced-by-Keenan-Ivory-Wayans/8413199&rss=rss-wabc-ent_story-8413199

till probably be corny like mad tv now

hope they done cancel it after 3 shows

i can't see them getting a cast that matches up to the original. they should at least follow tradition and put 3 or 4 wayanses in it.

keenen is a legend to me, damn it would be better if they kept some of the old cast, like david alan grier, crystal, keenen, obviously damon etc

tbh damon fucking owned that show, he had the best characters and was the funniest dude, which is why the shit lost viewers and eventually got cancelled after he left.

fingers crossed it don't suck.

If it gets picked up for a regular series, they would probably have some of the original cast on as guests for some episodes at least, I'd bet.

homie dont play that

yea damon and jim were my fav David is my next in line fav

i will peep it if it airs

yeah, without damon, jim carrey, jamie foxx, and david alan grier, i can't see this really being worthwhile...plus the original series is so classic and of its time...i don't know...might as well just call it something else.

Hollywoods "Remake" syndrome is starting to rub off on Television now, Beavis & Butthead, In Living Color........... Next week they'll probably announce the "Married With Children" Reboot

FRESH FISH

Tommy Davidson is Still the Shit!
    I fear for the 85 that don't got a clue!

they always come back

Quote Originally Posted by OntheHorizon View Post
    Hollywoods "Remake" syndrome is starting to rub off on Television now, Beavis & Butthead, In Living Color........... Next week they'll probably announce the "Married With Children" Reboot
    I'd watch that.

De mijne is 4x duurder!

yeah but not a remake, just get the old cast and do it as an old married couple that hate the shit out of each other and just every week they'd fuck each over. That was probably the most mean spirited TV show ever, very funny shit.

seems like everyone has ran out of ideas.
    Christianity = White Supremacy