Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

It's... beautiful!

"I hate them and I wish death among them!" - Mahatma Gandhi

this game is like crack. i'm gonna play some right now.

So many bodies on my microphone the shit's haunted

haha i found out a little tip all by myself

i dunno if it works on all the trainers, but there's a guy that trains your illusion magic in winterhold college - pay him 300g to train it once, then steal the money back and keep doing it. i jumped two levels in 5 minutes while boosting my pick pocket and illusion skills at the same time. bonus!! make sure you save before you steal, sometimes it takes a few tries but the chance is in the 40% range

Banned

this game is good, but this is the first bethesda game i've played and im really missing the lock on target rockstar benefit.

there so much shit to do, its almost overwhelming, but the more you play, the more you love all that encompasses it.

I'm still early in the game...these magic motherfuckers piss me off.

I chose to be an imperial dude, i made him look like that Khal Drogo guy from Game of Thrones.

bout to play some right nwo.

Quote Originally Posted by Mumm Ra View Post
    haha i found out a little tip all by myself

i dunno if it works on all the trainers, but there's a guy that trains your illusion magic in winterhold college - pay him 300g to train it once, then steal the money back and keep doing it. i jumped two levels in 5 minutes while boosting my pick pocket and illusion skills at the same time. bonus!! make sure you save before you steal, sometimes it takes a few tries but the chance is in the 40% range
    things like this make the game easy to level up

the smithing is easy too, theyre isnt any compensation for how much exp you gain compared to the item made (ie. a iron dagger is the same as a ebony cuirass)

welcome to the good old world of bethesda nicky, we bethesda fanatics love just that,theres never a shortage of shit to do in their games..fuck fallout4 needs to drop soon yo

I downloaded Skyrim a while ago and this game just sucks. I played it in the week before Christmas, maybe 3 or 4 hours and then I gave up. What a boring piece of shit.

The combat is a complete joke. Mainly because of the physics, but there's no depth to it either. It's just click, click, click, no combinations.

Retarded story.

Different voice actors reading the same lines. I don't want to hear any arrow in the knee bs anymore. You're paying multiple voice actors only to have them say the same thing, word for word? Idiots.

Psychic guards, this was one of the biggest complaints about Oblivion. Mods fixed it then, if you played it on PC that is. Why make the same mistake in Skyrim? Also, I kill a chicken and the entire town wants to murder me... real immersive, Todd.

Graphics are pretty disgusting at places.

Bugs

fuck you based Todd.

Also, if you play this on a PS3, after a couple of hours you get super low fps and crashes. Why?

i just dont think you like videogames sir. or rpgs maybe. what are some new gen games you do like? this will get game of the year awards just like fallout and you think they're both trash. weirdo. (i play on xbox)

You seem upset, friend.

I gave enough reasons to dislike Skyrim. Instead of telling me why I'm wrong, you call me a weirdo and say I don't like vidya games. The most recent games that I've enjoyed were Deus Ex: HR + Missing Link expansion, Fifa 12, The Witcher 2 and Uncharted 3.

lol it's true,they always win game of the year awards easily

Quote Originally Posted by graveyard_shifter View Post
    lol it's true,they always win game of the year awards easily
    Implying GOTY means anything. How can such a bugged game be GOTY?

yer deerrn right thats what i just did

well i cant tell you that your opinion is wrong, i just think its weird. i just think skyrim accomplishes everything that a role playing game of its type is meant to. itd be like hating call of duty for being a FPS. or the combat of final fantasy because all you do is use a single button and wait. you never enjoyed hack n slash rpgs? its what 90% of rpgs are. plus the combat system is deeper than you made it out to be - super customizable and i haven't gotten into a quarter of the spells yet.
    besides, i think the graphics are amazing and voice acting some of the best of any game ive played. i usually use subtitles but i dont need to in skyrim. plus idk how you can have a complete opinion of the game this massive after 4 hours when it takes 40-100+ to beat it.
    as for bugs i havent ran into any yet on xbox. the chicken killing thing is pretty gay but if that was one of the main drawing points to you trying the game idk what to say. i guess dont mess with chickens?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Chevy Chase View Post
    Also, if you play this on a PS3, after a couple of hours you get super low fps and crashes. Why?
    this happened to me. I popped that shit in on Christmas day and played for a few hours and it froze up on me.

I agree with the combat being awkward and unpredictable. And really you have no controle on combinations other than just blocking and attacking.

I've been getting my fucking ass kicked by certain things, maybe im on the wrong missions. Shooting arrows is a bitch to, no zoom, i cant barely see what I'm shooting at. Maybe as a I level up it'll get easier.

Still a great game, but I hear Jaspers complaints, they are valid.

^you gotta just wait a bit sooner or later those tough enemies became baby cakes and you can walk right thru em

also, when you level up you get perks to choose for your skills. so check there for zoom with archery. it used to be you just had to levelup the skill, now you just pick perks based on skill level