Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Lol dude must be hella bored..

@jasp..i cant blame u for your view.most of their games are acquired taste so i definately see why not everyone will like em

Banned

as this is my first bethesda game, I enjoy it. The depth of the game is good. Had I been more experienced with the elder scrolls series, I probably would have done things a bit differently......

for instance, using perks mainly on stuff I do, like archery, two handed attacks, stealth, etc.

i had to take a break from that shit, get back into the real world. the past two days i think i played it for 20 hours.

yea it can get addictive

Actually, all their games are the same. Same dated engine that comes with microstutter and other annoying shit. Their latest instalment Skyrim can't even run properly on the PS3.

Quests are always predictable and get monotonous real quick. Blah blah go there and bring me that blah blah kill that guy. All dungeons are copypasted over and over again. There's so much wrong with their games..

This picture pretty much goes for all Beth games..

"I hate them and I wish death among them!" - Mahatma Gandhi

Banned

valid points again mr. Chase.

That being said, I enjoyed their games, to some degree, when fully modded fixing nearly everything Bethesda has fucked up. And touching up the graphics to current gen. That plus some hot chicks in skimpy clothing mods make the game vastly more playable.
    "I hate them and I wish death among them!" - Mahatma Gandhi

Banned

hahah, i just read the posts from that forum....he's pretty much absolutelly right. But really, most games are pretty repetitive.

I don't think there is a video game out there that isn't.

i definitely would much rather play this on PC, but my computer is a piece of shit, so i play it on ps3, which is an equally unimpressive piece of shit.

i like the game well enough i suppose, but all the arguments made by chevy are totally legit. i should have just bought Oblivion for 10 bucks, its the same fuckin game. i will still continue to waste my free time with this, because what else have i got to do except rot away.

i dont like the fact that my character cant be a fat fuck though. i was gonna be a fat dark elf with a receding hair line, but i can only customize the head pretty much. the customization features are lacking like what, amongst a hundred other things.

i agree that yeah, the fact that it won game of the year will keep the developers content with the knowledge that this is what everyone wants, the next installment will be the exact same game in a different location.

I think this is the only time it's payed off to own a xbox lol. 25 hours in and ive only hit one glitch so far (froze on me). well I did hit a skeever in mid jump with an arrow once and it stuck there lol

Dunno, the game obviously isn't revolutionary at all, some good/great modifications like the perk system, but overall who expected that they change the whole concept when it's working and selling very well? Not a fan of the combat or dungeons but the game is still addictive and fun to play. Engine hasn't bothered a lot which is suprising cause it bothered with Fallout 3 but hasn't been a problem with NV or Skyrim now. Preferred NV to Fallout 3 by a lot though.

I got my version/patch from Torrentz and even though it's not an original copy I haven't really found any major bugs, and the game has crashed once(38h of play). The whole system is so complex of course there are some absurditys and bugs around, like when I stole a plate accidently instead of talking to a NPC in an inn, and guards started fighting with the other NPCs, eventually just one children being alive, guards beating him with swords and maces cause they can't die. :P It was kinda funny but can't really be defined as a bug, but haven't had too many absurditys eather.

Can't give my final verdict because there's still a lot to play, but so far it's been fun to play and pretty much what I expected. Hard to compare to Morrowind or Oblivion cause this came after those, but rather play this one than Oblivion though.

been reading a lot of complaints about the game on PS3. i have had no issues yet and out of 4 ofmy buddies that play only one has had any issues with the game like the ones people are talking about

my biggest complaint is they just took the same model for Fallout and applied a new skin. nothing about this game reminds me of Oblivion or Morrowind other then bows and swords instead of guns

they just dumbed down the game for the masses like music today

Don't think they dumbed this down at all, IMO Oblivion was more simplified and friendly at the beginning of the game. Some mechanics changed a bit harder in Skyrim there's not much of a help in the beginning if you're lazy like me and don't read the tutorial for every action in the menu.

I see where you all are coming from but yea..bethesda still kicks ass lol

The Entanet Kyng G.O.D.F.A.T.H.A.'s Avatar

^Tell these clowns again son.