Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: KRS-One - "Just Like That"

Default KRS-One - "Just Like That"

first single from KRS' new album which will be his 21st (!!) not counting live albums and EPs. there's nothing we haven't heard before in here but shit has my head nodding and he's definitely on point with the flow and rhymes on here (unlike some tracks from "Godsville") so thumbs up from me

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

he's gonna be in town within a week. i can't go and i'm gonna be regretting it until the ghostface show in december.

So many bodies on my microphone the shit's haunted

^ i still haven't had the chance to see Kris but he, MOP and DITC are on the top of the list.. i'm going to see Rhymesayers tomorrow, i'm especially hyped for Evidence!

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

Veteran Member

havent heard it yet but what happened to Return of the Boom Bip with Premo?

claaa what would you say are your top 5 fav krs one albums?
    Non Ignorants

RIP

The Smell of The Future LORD NOSE's Avatar

The Teacha !

Quote Originally Posted by claaa7 View Post
    I'm going to see Rhymesayers tomorrow, I'm especially hyped for Evidence!

That's awesome, hope you enjoy the show.

Try to show up to the venue early to see if you can get some facetime with the RSE clique.

If it's a hole-in-the-wall bar or something you'll probably be able to meet them.

Either way, I'm sure you'll be pleased.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    Thanks for your hate hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Quote Originally Posted by saverio View Post
    claaa what would you say are your top 5 fav krs one albums?
    i really like all his albums from 1987 to 1999 (counting the joints from the unreleased "Maximum Strength") and after that there was a rather weak period but i think he has came back strong the last few years w. "Survival Skills", "Meta-Historical" and "Hip Hop Lives". i give it a shot, if you haven't listened much to BDP they are essentially KRS One solo albums too. he's the only MC:

1. "Sex & Violence" (BDP) [unbelivably dope album]
    2. "Return Of The Boom Bap" (KRS)
    3. "Criminal Minded" (BDP)
    4. "KRS-One" (KRS)
    5. "Edutainment" (BDP)

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Conner View Post
    That's awesome, hope you enjoy the show.

Try to show up to the venue early to see if you can get some facetime with the RSE clique.

If it's a hole-in-the-wall bar or something you'll probably be able to meet them.

Either way, I'm sure you'll be pleased.
    thanks my man, i bet it will be great - the performers are Evidence, Atmosphere, Brother Ali, Blueprint and a duo which i never heard before that's also from RS (Grouch and something i believe). i haven't been to the venue before but i hear it's a half-big one, the doors open at 20 PM and the bands are supposed to go on at 21 so i'll be there @ 20!

enjoy

I've heard a couple of those joints I'll check em all out. My friend got the first BDP album on wax for 2 bucks a few months ago. He said he loves digging in the area we're from because, "they don't know shit about hip hop" so everything is cheap, case in point.
    Non Ignorants

RIP

Quote Originally Posted by claaa7 View Post
    i really like all his albums from 1987 to 1999 (counting the joints from the unreleased "Maximum Strength") and after that there was a rather weak period but i think he has came back strong the last few years w. "Survival Skills", "Meta-Historical" and "Hip Hop Lives". i give it a shot, if you haven't listened much to BDP they are essentially KRS One solo albums too. he's the only MC:

1. "Sex & Violence" (BDP) [unbelivably dope album]
    2. "Return Of The Boom Bap" (KRS)
    3. "Criminal Minded" (BDP)
    4. "KRS-One" (KRS)
    5. "Edutainment" (BDP)

thanks my man, i bet it will be great - the performers are Evidence, Atmosphere, Brother Ali, Blueprint and a duo which i never heard before that's also from RS (Grouch and something i believe). i haven't been to the venue before but i hear it's a half-big one, the doors open at 20 PM and the bands are supposed to go on at 21 so i'll be there @ 20!
    I saw Brother Ali a year and a half ago with a band. His vocal style works amazingly in a live setting, he really gets the crowd hyped up. I haven't seen the others, but I bet Evidence and Atmosphere can rock a crowd too. Have fun.

Quote Originally Posted by saverio View Post
    enjoy

I've heard a couple of those joints I'll check em all out. My friend got the first BDP album on wax for 2 bucks a few months ago. He said he loves digging in the area we're from because, "they don't know shit about hip hop" so everything is cheap, case in point.
    same thing happened to a friend of mine. we go downtown and pick up vinyl all the time because its so easy to find something amazing for cheap.

So many bodies on my microphone the shit's haunted

sick song...love how he kicks it like biggie in that 3rd verse
    Last edited by corky831; 11-19-2011 at 01:09 AM.
    I'm the Greatest Scientifically Inclined Mind Since Einstein!!!!

-

I don't mean to diss KRS but he needs to stop making albums. I think his last good album was Kristyles. I was very disappointed in the collabo albums he did with Buckshot, Marley Marl, Showbiz. I hope he does that collabo album with DJ Premier because hopefully the beats will be good. I like those KRS albums you chose as your favorites Claaa7. Did you see the pm message i sent you about i still wanna get his unreleased album Maximum Strength from you?

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    I don't mean to diss KRS but he needs to stop making albums. I think his last good album was Kristyles. I was very disappointed in the collabo albums he did with Buckshot, Marley Marl, Showbiz. I hope he does that collabo album with DJ Premier because hopefully the beats will be good. I like those KRS albums you chose as your favorites Claaa7. Did you see the pm message i sent you about i still wanna get his unreleased album Maximum Strength from you?
    You think KRS should stop making albums but you want him to make another album with Primo.

LOOL
    Da Universal Magnetic Bitch Oppressor

"Oppressing bitches individually and in groups since 1976"