Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: M.O.P. - "SPARTA" Out Now!

aka The Chaotica SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS's Avatar

right i like sparta more than foundation but every mop album has that heat. and they've never lost a step been anticipating a new mop album since there rocafella supposed album dropped a while back. and the fact that the snowgoons produced it and they've so far produced two of my favorite albums this year.

Yet another amazing album to add to the legacy of one of the most consistent duos in all of Hip-Hop.

Shit slaps so hard it's not even funny.

Anybody still sleeping on M.O.P. is a fucking idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    Thanks for your hate hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

DuncanHine Monument Cakes CEITEDMOFO's Avatar

I LIKE THE MARXMEN ONE BETTER BUT THIS ISNT TOO SHABBy

PRODIGAL SUN

dammm this shit is beastin

just bumped it a few hours ago and its been on the replay since...unstoppable shit and addictin as fuck

snowgoons+ mop= WIN

i was already big fans of both of them and snowgoons laced MOP with dope beats that fit their style completely...10 bangin tracks, theres no wack shit in here!!

if you havent peeped this yet youre sleepin on the most bangin album of the year!

-

I just heard Sparta at Amazon.com and every song is wack. I wasn't liking the beats.

I just got this & its pretty good, "Sparta" is the hardest track imo. I thought Foundation was better production wise. Def a good combination, I would like to see them team up with ALC or Godz Wrath.

Awesome album, and I'm usually of the opinion that Snowgoons are a lil overrated by the underground elitest (Anyone who defends that album with Reef da Lost Cauze they just dropped aint worth arguing with, lol) but this was dope, gotta listen more to give a real review or opinion but on first listen I'm feelin it, M.O.P always gonna bring it on the Mic you get what you paid for from them every time

Prince of the Non Ignorant weirdos

I really hope that this l.p. was not a one time only collaboration; they blazed M.O.P. with heat; Billie Danze shows that he needs to drop a dolo l.p. as soon as possible; I have not taken it out of my player since the release date.

Dope album, glad I got it
    Non Ignorants

RIP

it's dope but i don't think it have the same replay value as the earlier M.O.P. albums. Snowgoons & M.O.P. are a sick combination but i would have liked at least a few songs with a little more substance. Fame and Danze are obviously the kings of hype, hardcore street raps but they also use to have some amazing reflective records like "Blood Sweat & Tears", "My Nigga Hill Figga", "Muddy Waters", "Nothin' 2 Lose", "Face Off 2K", etc. still a sick joint that still gets play every now and then...

one thing that would have lifted these songs even more would have been some massive turntable work, they should have invited Preem to cut up the majority of these records, i hear that all the time when i listen to this.

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

it def could have used some final touches

but its 33 mins or so of straight rawness which is def acceptable from mop

hopefully their next project has some shit w the ppl they've been fuckin w all along

they have nice chemistry w snowgoons too no doubt
    Non Ignorants

RIP

M.O.P. is going to get in the studio with DJ Premier in the near future, he might be producing that whole album.
    Last edited by Squidgy McGubbins; 03-28-2012 at 12:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    Thanks for your hate hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

PRODIGAL SUN

THIS IS STILL SPINNING ON THE REPLAY FOR ME...DOPE DOPE DOPE...not a single song to skip on here STILL. i think this is so far one of my fave albums of the year, if y'all still sleepin on this then y'all gotta get ur ass up and spin this album