Thread: Nas to star in Movie Way Down South

Default Nas to star in Movie Way Down South

Nasir Jones aka Nas has been cast in the upcoming crime thriller “Way Down South.”

The rapper made the announcement via twitter as this will be his first film appearance in years.

“About to start filming a new movie, “Way Down South” with Jack Huston from Boardwalk Empire!” he tweeted

The film tells the story of a gambler and small time crook, played by Jack Huston, who steals a Civil War-era sword from a museum to finance his escape from a loan shark who staked him in a losing poker game.

Emmy Rossum and Country music singer Hank Williams III were also cast in the indie drama.

Nas has been cast as the best friend and Emmy will play the former love interest. Production on the movie will begin next spring in New Orleans.

Veteran Member

I wanna see this.

i'll check it out.

So many bodies on my microphone the shit's haunted

-

Sounds wack. Ya'll see him in the action flick Ticker with Steven Seagal and Tom Sizemore? He was Steven's cop partner. I don't know why he was on the cover of the dvd because he didn't have a big part because he got killed hahahahahahahahahahahaha. Ticker is wack by the way. He also had a small part in In Too Deep movie with LL Cool J and Omar Epps.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    Sounds wack. Ya'll see him in the action flick Ticker with Steven Seagal and Tom Sizemore? He was Steven's cop partner. I don't know why he was on the cover of the dvd because he didn't have a big part because he got killed hahahahahahahahahahahaha. Ticker is wack by the way. He also had a small part in In Too Deep movie with LL Cool J and Omar Epps.
    damn you beat me to it ticker was trash Nas role in that movie only lasted for about 8 minutes

-

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. You and i are probably the only ones who saw Ticker because i don't think too many people know about it. Chili of r&b group TLC and Romany Malco of 90's rap group College Boyz are also in it.

i remember seeing this movie ages ago i really got it cause i dig kung fu but the movie was horrible..i think chili from tlc played a stripper or something, dont recall

-

I haven't seen the movie in so long but i remember not liking it. You're probably right that Chili was a stripper in the movie LOL. I bet Nas was happy he got to be in movies with 2 hotties from TLC, Chili and T-Boz. Ticker i think is Steven Seagal's worst movie and i like most of his movies.

lol Chilli a stripper! I haven't seen that movie but it sounds so typical they got the minor roles. I wish Nas would write a book, I would love to read it. As wack as Nas's role maybe int he new movie, I still look forward to seeing him.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyanide786 View Post
    lol Chilli a stripper! I haven't seen that movie but it sounds so typical they got the minor roles. I wish Nas would write a book, I would love to read it. As wack as Nas's role maybe int he new movie, I still look forward to seeing him.
    would be interesting