Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: LOL, lets see canibus fans justify this one

Default LOL, lets see canibus fans justify this one

I'm by no means a J Cole fan, but This faggot is out his mind dissing the one new mainstream rapper that even acknowledges he ever existed, and his reasons for doing it redefine the term "Thirsty Ass Has Been"

Enjoy the Laughs:

J Clone By Canibus:

http://www.ddotomen.com/2011/12/10/c...e-j-cole-diss/

his "Reasoning" behind it:

This might be the saddest and funniest words of struggle ever written. Apparently, Can-I-Bus is aggy with Jermaine over claiming to be influenced by the once heralded lyricist turned struggle rapper, yet not showing any love to his newer music. if you’ve ever read a J. Cole interview he cites Bis as someone who had an impact in his honing his rap skills, and if you’ve ever attended a J. Cole concert, you might hear an old tune from Canibus early catalog as the DJ warms up the crowd. This, in the mind of Canibus (*blank stare*) is a slight and sign of disrespect, which has ruffled his feathers. Read below.

Some people pose the argument that Canibus is always dissing somebody and to that I reply that I have always been one to speak up if ever my values, beliefs, or what I stand for as a man in this thing called Hip Hop have ever been challenged. Throughout my 17 year music career I have never taken the easy route and I will continue to fight for what I believe in. However, on the other side of that coin, very rarely do any of these artists use the proper channels available to reach out and communicate with me. Royce uses twitter and argues with fake accounts and considers it a valid way to embolden his self. Anybody can pose as anyone else on the internet. As a matter of fact, I’ve been trying unsuccessfully to get the blue checkmark on twitter for almost two years until I just gave up. Something bigger than the captain is awry over there, believe me. As always, I’m left to use the only outlet and resource I know to state the facts and to give credence to my perspective which is all to often overlooked, and I would be lying if I said I did not resent this wholeheartedly. I use pure uncorrupted Hip Hop to respond and I will continue to do this as long as I possibly can.

Check the resume’ people. I have always taken on the hard targets in that regard, yet in the *spirit of true respect, I have always reached out to the legends, and elder statesmen in Hip Hop I came up listening to from Rakim, to Kool G Rap, K-Solo, Professor Griff, and numerous others, and showed my appreciation for their talents by asking if they’d honor me with their presence on wax through song collaborations.

*( and out of respect for hip -hop in general)

Even though no monetary figure could ever compensate them for their contributions to the art of hip-hop, I paid them out of a budget when I had a label and out of my own pocket when I didn’t have financial backing for their participation on my projects, all the while exhibiting unrivaled love, admiration, humility and humbleness as a man. As a fan, I hold an immeasurable amount respect for their forever timeless and inspirational catalogues. These are legendary artists, who sometimes may not have been occupying the public spotlight but I did what I felt to be the honorable thing and I’ve proactively offered up gestures such as compensating them for their talents as well as their contributions to my life, as a fan first, a student of hip hop 2nd, and ultimately a man of music with similar aspirations of becoming a world renown lyricist myself. Every real rappers dream. I knew they were able to feed their families and be proud of their impact on the beast from the east with the bread we broke.

Currently, new artists such as J Cole have continuously mentioned me as their favorite artist, shouted me out in articles, magazine/online interviews, and even gone as far as starting off show sets by playing some of my earlier material to warm up the audience and give off the impression that he is real hip hop and loves real lyricism. Cole might say he does this to pay homage, but in reality, by him playing my older material owned by my former label dating back to 1998, subsequently overlooking my current works and contributions which directly benefit me now, he is treating me less like an artist that has, and continues to contribute, influence, and inspire an even younger generation of MC’s coming up, and more like an artist that has physically passed on already(i.e. Tupac, B.I.G., Big L, Heavy D, Eyeda): you get the point I’m trying to make. I can’t help but to think that he is not nearly as sincere or genuine as he would like real hip hop heads to think he is because he speaks about me like I am dead. What he is doing is underhanded and disingenuous and whether it is his idea or not, I don’t agree with his tactic and I have something to say about it.

Was I so ahead of my time back in 1996 that people are currently unable to comprehend the jewels I continue to offer hip-hop NOW in 2012?

Do some real research folk. I am currently 12 albums deep, and I challenge anyone with a high school education or better to dispute the validity of the cutting edge Hip Hop music I still contribute to the art form on a yearly basis. Whether you ever wanted to collaborate on a track with me or not is your prerogative, I only ask that in your efforts to “pay homage” you don’t overlook my current offerings to this genre I still love very much and defend to the fullest.

Some might look to label me as an older head picking on a younger head who claims to have been influenced by me, but I refuse to let anyone including him stand on what we built, and pompously extract only the parts that suit them and their undermining intentions under the guise of “paying homage”. I’m sick of it. That’s fake, fraudulent, and misrepresents mine and others contributions, and significance to hip-hop music. After watching many many interviews of Clone, I mean Cole “pay homage”, I decided to pay some homage to him myself because I am still alive and well and ready to throw down for Hip Hop.

Respectfully yours,
    Captain Cold Crush

Old Head, Young Shoulders laolu's Avatar

I have no idea what is going on, subsequently Canibus posted the following on facebook:

yo, i don't think what bis is saying is really get through right now... a few of these posts, and i seen a few on other boards, keep saying oh canibus is mad j cole doesn't play his new music at shows, what a hater... i mean basically that the take right now and, of course, this will end up just perpetuating the already horrible stereotype about Bis.

what Bis is saying is that when he came up - he broke bread with older cats he looked up to.... he went to rakim's house 5 times to do the track with him out of love for hiphop, out love for rakim, out of paying homage and in the end, at that time, HELPING RAKIM get some shine because canibus was shinin at that time and younger heads didn't know Rakim.... Ra is just one example... i'm sure when Cani got the call to get on a Slick Rick track he probably was jumping through the roof....

the point is J Cole, and to his credit, has mentioned Cani more than anyone else...i mean he's on youtube spittin his rhymes....i mean he was THERAPIST for crying out loud..haha.... what canibus is saying is yeah thanks buddy but WHY DONT YOU CALL ME...why don't you ask me to open up for you now that you got some light and can GIVE BACK to an elder (who could use it!!!)....why not ask me to show up at a radio station with you one time and tear it down live with you.....out of homage and love for hiphop....why not ask me to get on a b-side or a remix....why not DO SOMETHING THAT ACTUALLY HELPS ME feed my family instead of mentioning my name all the time, and doing so in a slick way cuz its always 'old canibus'.... he's saying I"M ALIVE and I'M STILL MAKING INCREDIBLE MUSIC.

I think its safe to say - THAT IS CANIBUS' point.... not oh he's not playing my new music.... that's just one example... he is saying break bread or play dead fucka....why u got my name all in your mouth but not helping nobody - WHY? because Jay-Z and his marketing team tell him what to do probably, tell him that's not a good look for his image, etc. what he is saying is - if you really love hiphop and are a true head, break bread with cats you idolized and stop faking like saying my name is helping me and not making me look like fossil - a memory that exists only in '98.

of course, nobody is going to get that point, and instead it will be mis-characterized and hated on....and at this point canibus should probably have realized people are stupid and its hopeless for him.

I ride with Bis on this... the new generation needs to learn how to give back.... they don't understand that, and that is what this is about...

I like J Cole but that's not the point. The point is reach out Therapist....remember you were a nobody...when you were a kid posting on a forum....when you would have died thinking one day you could actually work with Bis The legend, you would have fainted to know one day you could actually be in a position to help Canibus - help him get his art out, do something to help him feed his family. Where is that Therapist now? IN OTHER WORDS:

You was lookin at him the same way I'm lookin at you....You see there's a little bit of Stan in all of us

This post has been edited by medici: Today, 02:32 PM

Anyhow, you are right. its not universal law (and good point on the publicity hahaha dude gotta eat haha). but Bis is "alive and well with that seven figure dollar smell" .... and i think therapist should have reached out... i think that's the point, hiphop is a business - its a system that works with certain labels that control everything - radio, etc. once you get in, there is an obligation to give back - to reach out. maybe he thinks he is doing that by mentioning Bis.... and in the end its J Cole's perogative whatever the F he wants to do... but if you really idolized dude, wouldn't you have tried to do something with Bis in some way? I think so. I think its called for. And if one rapper is saying your name so much - you got right to feel however you want to feel about it. In the end, I don't think the facebook post is a smart move for Bis, just as the DJ Premier shit was not a good look (***even though in principle, in both situations, canibus is right**).

This post has been edited by medici: Today, 03:00 PM

Not only is canibus right, he's frustrated and I'm sure any of us would feel EXACTLY the same were we to travel down that 15 yr trail ourselves. I bet you that throughout all this bad publicity the whole internet will not mention his 10,000 bar Rip The Jacker 2 Infinity DVD album at all anywhere. It's not as if anyone in hip hop has EVER EVER done something like this before. When all that stuff was going on with Bis and Royce, no article or hip hop site mentioned Lyrical Law or where to get it more than a few times, if that. All Bis wants is for people who claim to love hip hop so much to have just a morsel of compassion for a man who has been on the front lines of it regarding lyricism and poetry since he stepped into it. But as always, they side step his accomplishments and only highlight his mistakes and/or reactions to this matrix kind of thing that keeps happening over and over and over again. Obviously Bis is not doing the same things but it certainly looks like he is to an industry that WON'T JUST LET THE NIGGA LIVE. How hard would it be for them to just crack the gate open for him during his one or two releases a year and let him live. Cool J went as Bis foul and they crucified him for it, but they crucify him for every single incident that happens and all he's ever done is get busy on the microphone. It's like they're punishing him for not selling out. It's like the entire machine is absolutely against bis no matter how innovative he tries to be with his rap music, then they find carbon copies of him to repackage without ever giving him what he has worked so hard for. Harder and longer than Royce, and Buddens, and certainly J Clone. I'll tell you what. This J Clone song proves to me that Bis will NEVER give up and he doesn't care if it is futile to continue trying. He will NEVER give in to those devils running this shit and he is determined to fight this thing till the end even if it is "just music" and he really is just a "paranoid old hip hop head". What if he disses some wack MC for 2000 bars? What would they say then without acknowledging the fact that it was 2000 bars? I know they've never seen or heard anything like that before but it wouldn't matter. They would come up with something to side step the awe of it anyhow. They are doing exactly what they must to keep bis down. If I went thru the some of the same high profile distractions he has had to endure release after release, year after year, I don't know how I'd feel. Standing shoulder to shoulder with Bis takes strength. Hell, Canibus fans endure so much more scrutiny than any other rappers fans in the history of music. You'd think he was blatanly doing something criminal the way they play offense against him when he releases new material. All they ever promote are his old titles that are being pressed and shipped by anonymous distributors. Every title Bis owns himself is purposefully overlooked. He says the word Harry Fox and everybody goes quiet. Fucking cowards. But you know what? I wouldn't expect any of YOU to understand anything about these topics because you've never had this happen to you before so he is truly experiencing this alone and that has GOT 2 BE FRUSTRATING AS HELL ITSELF.

This post has been edited by Jacker Killah: Today, 03:33 PM

I see your point my dude... I'm not saying he should have been on the j Cole's album per se, but he could actually reach out. i mean the idea that a collab between them is artistically far fetched style wise is crazy, firstly, cole still writes dense, battle-esque shit... secondly, Bis is way more versatile than you give him credit for...he would do something more like Hip Hop for Sale I'm sure.... or like what he was doing with Kay Slay... I mean do think Dogg Pound records sound anything like Canibus - but obviously Kurupt and Canibus break bread.

@medici i got that point but Canibus also cant assume everyone has love like that, and that everyone thinks like that. we all know everyone thinks differently and unique to themselves so maybe to J Cole this is the ultimate form of paying homage, and i do agree with J Cole, they are in two completely separate places right now, artistically speaking, dont just force a collabo to please Canibus, when Canibus did the Rakim track it made sense and their styles fit together, if you heard J Cole's album there is no place for a collabo like that.
    I think Canibus is just really upset with constantly getting overlooked and this just bubbled over out of that, and he is rightfully mad because i actually place him as THEE best lyricist and to get no recognition for over 15yrs is actually baffling. I think this is like 3/4's anger and 1/4 promo publicity for the RTJ2 album.
    But my main point is, paying homage by asking the person to get on a track with you is not universal law, so for canibus to actually diss someone over that just seems very irrational.

tl;dr, i'm going to assume Canibus thought people didn't hate him as much as they previously did so he dissed some one that would surely get him the hate he wants again.

Currently, new artists such as J Cole have continuously mentioned me as their favorite artist, shouted me out in articles, magazine/online interviews, and even gone as far as starting off show sets by playing some of my earlier material to warm up the audience and give off the impression that he is real hip hop and loves real lyricism. Cole might say he does this to pay homage, but in reality, by him playing my older material owned by my former label dating back to 1998, subsequently overlooking my current works and contributions which directly benefit me now, he is treating me less like an artist that has, and continues to contribute, influence, and inspire an even younger generation of MC’s coming up, and more like an artist that has physically passed on already(i.e. Tupac, B.I.G., Big L, Heavy D, Eyeda): you get the point I’m trying to make. I can’t help but to think that he is not nearly as sincere or genuine as he would like real hip hop heads to think he is because he speaks about me like I am dead. What he is doing is underhanded and disingenuous and whether it is his idea or not, I don’t agree with his tactic and I have something to say about it.

When I heard the diss, I thought it was kinda whack, and didn't understand. Now I do. That's a fair point. It makes Canibus look like a has been

He's dropped like 4 legit projects in the past few years. They could find a newer track.

That said I doubt Cole even picks the tracklist of his dj. Canibus looks for slights.
    Non Ignorants

RIP

Quote Originally Posted by saverio View Post

When I heard the diss, I thought it was kinda whack, and didn't understand. Now I do. That's a fair point. It makes Canibus look like a has been

He's dropped like 4 legit projects in the past few years. They could find a newer track.

That said I doubt Cole even picks the tracklist of his dj. Canibus looks for slights.

So, going with your logic, If I say I'm a Rakim fan but dont play his last couple of records at my show, thats Disrespectful??

So, If A Band does a Metallica cover song, but decided to do Some 80's shit instead of some shit they dropped in the 90's, thats a diss huh??

This dude is reaching further then stretch armstrong with this shit

yeah he should have hit him up and collabed with him, even though j cole is unquestionably mediocre and bland, he's hot in streets right now no homo and doing some joints with bis woulda been big for him prolly
    Non Ignorants

RIP

aka The Chaotica SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS's Avatar

Man i think y'all have it twisted and just wanna hate bis because u wanna hate bis

haha did you read the last sentence of my post, i said that he's probably wrong and j cole didn't pick the songs.
    Non Ignorants

RIP

Old Head, Young Shoulders laolu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS View Post
    Man i think y'all have it twisted and just wanna hate bis because u wanna hate bis
    Pretty much

If J Cole really looked at Bis as his idol (and who idolizes people nowadays, you should be beyond that shit once you reach a certain age), he shoulda reached out to him and worked with him. It's discouraging to his pedigree that he didn't and hasn't worked with many real artists. Talib has worked with fucking Waka flocka in the past few years, he'd work with Cole in a heartbeat (and did on his own accord).
    Non Ignorants

RIP

Canibus is a total faggot.

I don't even like Cole, and I prefer the Canibus albums I own to anything Cole's put out, but everyone knows Canibus is an attention whoring faggot. Easily the hardest artist to like in the world. Speaking of Talib, he's an even better rapper than Bis who's also a complete faggot.
    Slept On!

Quote Originally Posted by SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS View Post
    Its impossible to get this twisted, the statements out of his own mouth this time do the job for you, you dont have to twist anything, just read it word for word and it makes him a sucka

Quote Originally Posted by Prime8 View Post
    Canibus is a total faggot.

I don't even like Cole, and I prefer the Canibus albums I own to anything Cole's put out, but everyone knows Canibus is an attention whoring faggot. Easily the hardest artist to like in the world. Speaking of Talib, he's an even better rapper than Bis who's also a complete faggot.
    yea Canibus is a fuckin loser for this, he hasn't been relevant in years. his explanation is bullshit and he wants attention

wasnt cole a member of canibus-central at one time?

The way I see it is Canibus just wants to partake in a friendly rap battle and isn't necessarily dissing people but rather challenging them.

Look at how much hate he received after the royce da 5'9" conflict, you almost thought it was a full on beef when royce appeared on Canibus' album not a month later.

Furthermore, most people act as if he died in 2000 and hasn't released any material since when he's been releasing more material than the 'new rappers' that have supposedly replaced him.
    Last edited by Frank Sobotka; 12-11-2011 at 01:55 PM.